A fuel-sipping sedan with practicality and presence.
Since its 2020 debut, the hybrid version of the Toyota Corolla has been turning heads with its fuel-sipping credentials and sleek style. Comfortably seating five passengers and driven by an impressive powertrain, the 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid is a sedan that can fit the lifestyle of families and solo travelers alike. For daily drives to work or school, the Corolla Hybrid is a welcome companion, thanks to a generous mix of driver-assistance features and entertainment tech.
While we currently do not have many 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrids on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2021 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Toyota Corolla Hybrid with similar features.
Here's what you'll learn in this 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid review:
Key Specs & Features
- The 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid is powered by a 1.8L four-cylinder gas engine combined with a battery pack and an electric motor, delivering an EPA-estimated 52 mpg combined.1
- 13.1 cubic feet of cargo volume
- The 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid seats five passengers.
- 1.8L four-cylinder gas engine with an electric motor and hybrid battery pack, generating 121 hp and 105 lb.-ft. of torque
- Eight-inch touchscreen display
- Dynamic radar cruise control
- Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™, and Amazon Alexa™ integration
- Lane departure alert with steering assist
- Bluetooth® capability
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Plenty of Driver-Assistance Features
You'll love the generous driver-assistance features and technology that come standard on the 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid. The driver-assistance suite includes a pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, plus 10 airbags and two sets of LATCH connectors for the rear outboard seats. With the Corolla Hybrid, taking your precious family cargo on highway road trips can be a breeze.
2. Dynamic Exterior
If you're shopping for a hybrid vehicle that's dynamically styled, take a closer look at the 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid. Its bright exterior paint options are stylish and sleek, and its sports-like cavernous black grille makes for an impressive front fascia. This is a tidy and trim sedan that will turn heads wherever you go.
3. One Terrific Trim
The 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid is available in one trim, simplifying your decision-making process. The single LE trim is outfitted with just about everything you could want, with comforts such as automatic climate control and smart phone connectivity delivered in an effortless, classy interior. When you know you're choosing well, it's an easy decision to make.
4. Four Drive Modes
Whether you're new to hybrid driving or you're already a pro, the 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid can help you make the most of your fuel-sipping ride. While Normal and Eco modes speak for themselves, slip the Corolla Hybrid into EV mode and you'll be on battery power only, enjoying the near quiet as you make your way downtown. Switching to Sport mode means a boost of acceleration, thanks to the hybrid battery kicking in to assist the gasoline engine.
5. Graceful Driving Presence
For smooth handling and a comfortably controlled ride, the 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid has you covered. This is a functional, no-nonsense ride—a great choice whether you're a new driver, have a growing family, or you're a senior enjoying some travel time. No matter what your age, you'll love driving the Corolla Hybrid.
What You Need to Know
- LE: Includes 15-inch alloy wheels, LED daytime running lights, variable intermittent windshield wipers, four-way manually adjustable front seats, automatic climate control with dust and pollen filter, six-speaker sound system, voice recognition, full driver-assistance suite, and more.
- Barcelona Red Metallic
- Black Sand Pearl
- Blizzard Pearl
- Celestite Gray Metallic
- Classic Silver Metallic
- Super White
- 60/40-split fold-down rear seating with center armrest and two cup holders
- 13.1 cubic feet of cargo volume
- Eight-inch entertainment touchscreen with a six-speaker audio system
- Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and Amazon Alexa compatibility
- Seven-inch driver information display screen
Average CarMax Prices
The 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Toyota Corolla Hybrid.
- 2020 – Average prices less than $19,5002
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
The 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid has not yet been rated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The Toyota Avalon Hybrid is a full-size sedan that offers plenty of substance and style. This spacious sedan comfortably seats five adults in a hushed, upscale cabin. The 2017-2019 Avalon powertrain pairs a 2.5L four-cylinder engine with two electric motors. For the 2017-2018 Avalon Hybrid, this provides an EPA-estimated 40 mpg combined.1 In 2019, the Avalon Hybrid was fully redesigned for a fifth generation, delivering an EPA-estimated 44 mpg from its base XLE model.1 Other features of the 2019 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE include:
- 16.1 cubic feet of cargo space
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Simulated leather upholstery
- Nine-inch touchscreen
- Blind-spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert
The fourth-generation Toyota Prius (2016-present) is a hybrid hatchback triumph, maintaining a popular presence on city streets and interstate highways from coast to coast. Powered by a 1.8L four-cylinder gasoline and twin electric motors, this five-seater, four-door hatch is decidedly practical, with an EPA-estimated 52 mpg combined (2017-2019 models).1 Cargo space is a roomy 24.6 cubic feet. Standard features on the 2017-2019 Toyota Prius include:
- Rearview camera
- 6.1-inch touchscreen display
- Driver-door keyless entry
- 60/40-split folding rear seat
- Lane departure warning and intervention
Now in its eighth generation (2018-present), the Toyota Camry Hybrid is a popular five-seat midsize sedan. The 2018-2019 Camry Hybrid boasts a generous and unobstructed trunk, with 15.1 cubic feet available for your groceries, sports equipment, or professional tools. Running on a 2.5L gas engine, and paired with an electric motor, the 2018-2019 Camry Hybrid produces 208 hp, delivering an EPA-estimated 52 mpg combined.1 The 2018-2019 Camry Hybrid base trim offers as standard:
- Keyless ignition and entry
- Seven-inch touchscreen display
- Forward collision mitigation
- Automatic LED headlights
- Six-speaker sound system
The Bottom Line
If you're seeking refined road manners and fewer fill-ups, the 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid delivers a sensible mix of style and substance. With passenger-focused features that enhance ride enjoyment for everyone, the Corolla Hybrid is a highly appealing compact sedan.
Looking to learn more? Check out these related sources:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
2Based on prices on carmax.com from January 2, 2019 through June 4, 2020. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.