Used BMW 6 Series for Sale
About the BMW 6 Series
Including a sporty, athletic coupe, svelte gran coupe, BMW's name for the four-door model, and a fun-in-the-sun convertible, the BMW 6 Series is a great step up when you're looking for a vehicle that delivers strong performance and fun driving. It's focused on singles and couples, but will still work very well for the small family, especially in the Gran Coupe configuration, and is a great example of BMW's dedication to fine engineering and an amazing driving experience.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
BMW 6 Series Trim Configurations
BMW 6 Series Trims:
Third Generation (2011 to 2018)
- The four-door Gran Coupe was introduced to the 6 Series in 2012, with the coupe ending production in February 2017, convertible ending in February 2018, and the Gran Coupe in October 2018.
- Available in inline-six 3.0L gasoline, V-8 4.4L gasoline and inline-six 3.0L diesel engines with both natural aspiration and turbocharged options, with standard rear-wheel drive and available all-wheel drive.
- This generation saw simplification from the former iDrive system, making it easier to operate than prior versions of the information system.
Fourth Generation (2017 to Present)
- As the fourth generation of the 6 Series, this generation only included the Gran Turismo, a five-door fastback style in June of 2017.
- The Gran Turismo includes a 10.3-inch touchscreen information system that has compatibility with Apple CarPlay® and allows better use of gesture control.
- The fastback comes with a standard panoramic sunroof, possibly a nod to the end of the convertible model of the series, allowing both front and rear passengers to enjoy the view.
- Growing out of the 5 Series Gran Turismo, the 6 Series features the same wheelbase and niche, though other proportions have been tweaked to signify the change.
Q: What is the BMW 6 Series?
A: Originally designed in the mid-1970s as a grand touring car, the BMW 6 Series replaced the E9 Coupe from the German manufacturer. It's available in three different configurations, making it a good choice for a range of different drivers and family needs. It's a large vehicle, providing plenty of elbow room for you and your passengers, with luxurious finishes and touches that create a sumptuous ride.
Q: Is the BMW 6 Series being discontinued?
A: The first generation of the BMW 6 Series was supplanted by the 8 Series, which may be responsible for the current round of rumors that the 6 Series is being discontinued in favor of the 8 Series. However, the latest generation of the 6 Series is available only in a five-door fastback format, which has been put into production to replace the 5 Series Gran Turismo. With the revitalization of the 8 Series, the lifespan of the 6 Series is still up for debate, though it is still in production currently.
Q: Does BMW make a 6 Series convertible?
A: The BMW 6 Series is available in a convertible, and it's an amazing piece of fine engineering and sporty performance. But while it's a hot drive, that doesn't mean you've got to worry about your seat, as BMW's SunReflective Technology keeps your leather upholstery and steering wheel cool to the touch. The 2018 model is available in 17 beautiful colors, 12 upholstery leathers and six unique, luxurious interior trims.
Q: Is the BMW 6 Series all-wheel drive?
A: Though the 6 Series comes standard with rear-wheel drive, it does have all-wheel drive options available, making this a handy option when you have rough weather to deal with or don't want to swap between different vehicles when cold weather strikes. Vehicles that have this feature are specifically referred to as xDrive, with the feature dropping a tenth of a second off of the zero-to-sixty time for the 2018 convertible, and two-tenths of a second off of the zero-to-sixty time for the 2018 coupe and Gran Coupe configurations. This is probably due to the additional power being delivered to twice as much tire-to-ground area, providing superior traction at the start.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.