Used 2017 Jeep Patriot for Sale
About the 2017 Jeep Patriot
Are you searching for a compact SUV with all the rugged good looks and performance of a classic Jeep? The 2017 Jeep Patriot rolls into town featuring that iconic upright body highlighted by the familiar seven-slot grille and round headlights but in a smaller ride ready to tackle your daily drive or weekend explorations with confidence. While this five-seat vehicle was released with front-wheel drive standard, you can find a Trail-Rated® version with the Freedom Drive II 4X4 system ready to take you off-road.
Its 2.0L inline-four-cylinder engine produces 158 horsepower and can be paired with a five-speed manual or CVT transmission. The 2.4L engine was offered with the full-time Freedom Drive I four-wheel drive and a six-speed AutoStick® transmission. Should you wish to take your toys on the road, the 2017 Jeep Patriot is able to tow up to 2,000 pounds when properly equipped and with the Tow Prep Package offered on the Latitude or High Altitude.1 The Patriot arrived as a redesigned model for year 2007 with 2017 being its final production year with only a single model refresh in 2011.
1Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
2017 Jeep Patriot Trim Configurations
- Sport: Get around town in comfort with room to seat five in two rows. Enjoy premium cloth, a 2.0L inline-four-cylinder engine, and a five-speed manual transmission. Fog lamps, roof rails, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, and a touring suspension help you do more in a versatile yet compact ride. Tire pressure monitoring, cruise control, 16-inch steel wheels, and a 12-volt auxiliary outlet round out the amenities.
- Sport SE: Take advantage of the increased ride height using the AutoStick continuously-variable transmission and sport tuned suspension. A brushed metallic appearance shows up on the roof rails, bumpers, and exhaust. Inside, settle into the heated front seats while wrapping your hands around the leather-trimmed steering wheel.
- Latitude: Explore more of your world with power/heated side mirrors, remote keyless entry, and upgraded rack and pinion steering. Power windows, speed-sensitive locks, and a satellite radio receiver are part of the many tech toys. Stay powered up in the wild using the 115-volt power outlet while height-adjustable front seats are designed to offer an improved ride on epic treks.
- High Altitude: Chrome exterior accents highlighted by the 17-inch polished aluminum wheels grab all the attention while power leather-trimmed seats elevate your driving experience. Use the remote engine start to shake off the morning chill and bring in natural light with the power sunroof. Look for additional perks such as automatic climate control, a tow prep package, and Radio 430N with navigation on fully loaded vehicles.
Q: Does the 2017 Jeep Patriot have Bluetooth®?
A: Yes, all trim levels include a voice-activated Bluetooth® function for placing hands-free calls or streaming audio from your phone. It does not offer Android Auto® or Apple CarPlay® compatibility.
Q: Is a 2017 Jeep Patriot front-wheel drive?
A: The standard Jeep Patriot comes as front-wheel drive with an optional Freedom Drive I available on all trims that works as an all-wheel drive, not a traditional 4X4 power train.
Q: Does the 2017 Jeep Patriot have a "low range" setting?
A: The Freedom Drive II 4X4 system which was offered as an Off-Road Group on the Latitude and Sport does include an available Crawl ratio of 19:1 using its continuously-variable transmission. The regular Freedom Drive I can be switched from its automatic traction control to a 50/50 front-to-back ratio during low speed maneuvers.
Q: Does the 2017 Jeep Patriot have a backup camera?
A: You can find the ParkView® backup camera as part of the Radio 430 package that includes a touchscreen, DVD player, and 40GB hard drive. All trims start off with a standard Radio 130 or 230 that do not have a touchscreen.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration's independent crash tests help you make informed decisions about vehicle safety. NHTSA's 5-Star Safety Ratings give consumers insights into how vehicles perform in crash tests, with more stars equaling higher safety ratings. Here are the ratings for the 2017 Jeep Patriot. Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Visit nhtsa.gov/recalls to look up a specific vehicle.
Reviews for 2017 Jeep Patriot
Great price on the truck for the year and mileage
The only thing about this truck that I l liked,.....the color of the truck! The truck has no power, the availability and ease of interior accessories were not convent or accessible. truck has no up or down to the seats. Someone short can not adjust the seating. For a 2017 that should have been available.
- Value: Price was good for the year and mileage.
- Seat Comfort: Non adjustable, only front or back positioning, no up or down.
- Styling: The cup holders were on the floor board. This not great win you have to look to find the cup holders bad design.
- Cost to Maintain: For a 2017 and no spare tire, no pick up in take off, you would think you would get better gas mileage. I had a 2003 Jeep liberty and the gas mileage was the same. The 2003 jeep liberty had pick up and the interior had easy access to everything in the front cabin of the truck. The design of the Jeep liberty was great!
good car - poor service from CARMAX to deliver
recently I drove to Florida, and since it's hot in here I tried to use the cooling unit. It does not work. I have used the heating unit and that works. I didn't notice this due to living in KY, but FL is hot these days (3 months after my purchase) and I cannot use the car's cooling system.
- Fuel Economy: Fue economy is good
- Weather Versatility: CARMAX didn't deliver a car with working Cooling Unit, Broken since the beginning, would not cover the expenses
love it... (small (L) though...)
Nice vehicle. Very comfortable driving position. Seat is comfortable, wide front windshield, dash controls are well arranged, quiet ride (on good pavement), with rear 60/40 seat backs folded down - good cargo room, high ceiling clearance, good looking little suv, okay mileage 27 +/- mpg on the highway (but small gas tank (13.5 gal) still has you at the pump bi-weekly, CVT tranny takes some getting used to - but once you do it's a good thing (I think). Bottom line - I'd buy again.
- Cabin Noise:
- Ride and Handling:
- Fuel Economy:
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.