Used Mercedes-Benz E550 for Sale
2012 Mercedes-Benz E550
On hold at CarMax Gastonia, NC
2012 Mercedes-Benz E550
$1899 Shipping from CarMax Irvine, CA
About the Mercedes-Benz E550
The Mercedes-Benz E-Class is a line of midsize luxury sedans that comes in a wide range of body styles, engine sizes, and configurations. The E550, offered as part of the E-Class line from 2007 through 2017, boasts a twin-turbocharged V8 engine and comes in three body styles: a four-passenger coupe, a four-passenger convertible, and a five-passenger sedan.
No matter which body style best suits your needs, the E550 is well equipped inside and out. On its 2017 model, for example, you'll find everything from a panoramic sunroof and 18-inch wheels to leather upholstery and an adaptive suspension. Meanwhile, every E550 model also comes with a seven-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive. If you're looking for a midsize car that seamlessly blends luxury and performance, be sure to check out the V8-powered Mercedes-Benz E550.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: What does the "E" stand for in Mercedes?
A: Initially, the "E" in the Mercedes E-Class stood for the German word "Einspritzmotor," which referred to the automaker's fuel-injection engine. Today, E-Class simply refers to the line of midsize sedans offered by Mercedes-Benz.
Q: Does Mercedes-Benz still make the E550?
A: No, the last year the E550 was available was 2017—although the E-Class is still in production.
Q: What engine is in a Mercedes-Benz E550?
A: The E550 is outfitted with a stout twin-turbocharged 4.7L V8 engine at 402 hp.
Q: Is the Mercedes-Benz E550 a coupe?
A: The E550 is offered in coupe, convertible, and sedan body styles. However, specific offerings can vary by model year. For example, E550 is available as a coupe every year, although the sedan version was only produced for 2014 and 2015.
Mercedes-Benz E550 Trim Configurations
From 2014 through its final year of production in 2017, the E350 is outfitted with a twin-turbocharged 4.7L V8 engine at 402 hp, seven-speed automatic transmission, and rear-wheel drive. E550 models are offered in a standalone trim, although additional package options vary by model year.
Standard features on the 2015 E550 include:
- Adaptive suspension
- 18-inch AMG wheels
- Ventilated front seats
- Flat-bottom steering wheel
- Power-folding soft-top (convertible)
- Pop-up air deflector (convertible)
RepairPal gave the Mercedes-Benz E550 an overall reliability rating of 2.5 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Average. This rating ranks the Mercedes-Benz E550 16th out of 30 among luxury fullsize cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Mercedes-Benz E550 is $1059, compared to an average of $920 for luxury fullsize cars and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Mercedes-Benz E550 owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.7 times per year, compared to an average of 0.8 times for luxury fullsize cars and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 14% for the Mercedes-Benz E550, compared to an average of 15% for luxury fullsize cars and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for Mercedes-Benz E550
I love this car!
This is an amazing car. I love the power, comfort, and style. I was lucky enough to find a relatively low-mileage car, and it is in amazing condition. The Carmax buying experience was the best that I have had.
- Cabin Noise: Very little wind or road noise. I never have to adjust the stereo volume.
- Power: Big V-8 power and performance!
- Styling: Classic good looks. It's immediately identifiable as a Mercedes without any trendy gimmicks that age out of style within 1-2 years.
- Fuel Economy: Big V-8 power = big gas bills!
- Cost to Maintain: With 10,000 mile service intervals, I only have to take it for service once per year, but each visit is expensive.
best car i have ever owned
i love this car wanted it new in 2012 waited until it was in my price range 3 years later carmax had it in the color that i wanted and the interior and best of all only 12k on the car i totally love this car i only drive it on the weekends
- Seat Comfort: twin turbo all wheel drive
- Reliability: BEST BUILT MOTOR YOU CAN FIND
- Technology and Entertainment: GREAT STEREO
- Cost to Maintain: NO AFTERMARKET PART , THAT,S PART OF OWING A BENZ
- Styling: FITS MY LIFESTYLE PERFECT
- Interior Space: I AM A BIG GUY AND CAR FITS GREAT ON LONG TRIPS
Went to CarMax, Lax, test drove a few cars. Saw the E550 Benz, Test drove the car, the sales person checked my credit, I was told I could just drive the car off the lot, nothing down. Never been told that, I wanted the payments a little lower, gave them a $1000 took the car home, payments are comfortable, I am happy. Thank You Carmax, tell everyone this is the place to buy a car, Also the service department is awsome, I never go to the Benz, dealer for service..
- Fuel Economy:
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.