Used BMW 5 Series for Sale
2016 BMW 528 XI
Free Shipping from CarMax Laurel, MD
2015 BMW 528 XI
Free Shipping from CarMax Ellicott City, MD
2016 BMW 535 XI
$99 Shipping from CarMax Mechanicsburg, PA
2018 BMW 530 XI
$99 Shipping from CarMax Turnersville, NJ
2018 BMW 530 XI
$99 Shipping from CarMax Maple Shade, NJ
2018 BMW 530 XI
$199 Shipping from CarMax Raleigh, NC
2018 BMW 530 XI
Coming soon to CarMax Lancaster, PA
2015 BMW 535 I Gran Turismo
Coming soon to CarMax Newark, DE
2016 BMW 550 I
Coming soon to CarMax Salisbury, MD
2017 BMW 530 I xDrive
Coming soon to CarMax Capital Boulevard, NC
About the BMW 5-Series
The BMW 5 Series is an executive four-door midsize sedan for drivers who like to lead on the road with sporty handling and agility but demand comfort in daily commutes. In its seventh generation, the BMW 5 Series often debuts advanced options such as Parking Assistant or Crossroad Warning, making it a choice if you’re looking to stay ahead of the tech curve. The sixth generation lasted from 2010 to 2016.This series is currently in its seventh generation, which started in 2017.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: What is BMW 5 Series Luxury Package?
A: More completely known as the Luxury Seating Package in the seventh generation, this optional upgrade eases your long-distance drives. It is available for all BMW 5 Series models but requires heated front seats or the Cold Weather Package. The following options are included:
- Front multi-contour seats tailor your comfort with up to 20 power adjustments. Their settings are stored in memory with the positions of the power-adjusted steering column and outside mirrors.
- Front massaging seats soothe your body with eight massage programs at three levels of intensity each.
- Front ventilated seats move air through the micro-perforated leather designed to cool you on hot days.
Q: Do BMW 5 Series rear seats fold down?
A: Yes, all models of the seventh-generation BMW 5 Series have rear seats that fold in a 40/20/40-split to allow long items like golf clubs and curtain rods to extend from the trunk into the cabin.
Q: How many seats does a BMW 5 Series have?
A: The BMW 5 Series comfortably seats up to five adults.
Q: What is included in the BMW Technology Package?
A: Although this option is separately purchased and known by many names on different BMW series, the Technology Package is known as the Connected Package Professional in the BMW 5 Series and is included as a standard feature in the seventh generation. It includes the following features:
- Real-Time Traffic and On-Street Parking Availability
- Hazard Preview, designed to warn the driver in real-time of possible obstructions.
- Stolen Vehicle Recovery, designed to locate the real-time location of your vehicle if it is stolen.
- BMW Connected App that you can download to your smartphone to access connected services.
- Remote Door Unlock to unlock your door, such as to allow auto mechanics access.
- Concierge Services that connects you to a BMW agent 24 hours a day, seven days a week when you need additional information about your car.
BMW 5 Series Models
The past five years of the BMW 5 Series are split between the sixth generation and the seventh generation.
Sixth Generation (2010 – 2016):
Typical examples of the sixth generation include the 2014 528i xDrive, which contains a 240 horsepower 2.0L Turbo four-cylinder engine and the xDrive all-wheel drive, and the 2015 550i that has a 4.5L eight-cylinder that rushes from zero to 60 MPH in 4.5 seconds. This generation includes the following features:
- Electro-mechanical steering allows for a Parking Assistant that can detect and then steer your vehicle into an open parallel parking spot.
- To maximize agility and improve suspension comfort, the double-wishbone front axle is forged from aluminum and separates damping and wheel control.
- High-tech driver assists include Collision Warning with Braking to indicate potential collisions with other vehicles and BMW Night Vision for revealing pedestrians, cyclists, and deer that are just beyond the range of your headlamps.
- Lane Departure Warning and Traffic Jam Assistant alert you when your sedan starts to drift across highway lanes and applies steering corrections to move you back in line.
Seventh Generation (2017 – Present):
Two examples of the seventh generation are the 2017 535i Gran Turismo with a 300 horsepower 3.0L TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder and the 335 horsepower 2018 540i that accelerates from zero to 60 MPH in 4.9 seconds with its 330 horsepower 3.0L TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder. This generation includes the following:
- Rising above the dashboard is the free-standing center display that is equipped with the latest iDrive system. You can control it by touch, gesture, voice, or with the iDrive controller. When this system wirelessly integrates all the functions of your compatible smartphone, your calendar schedule can appear on the screen.
- Headlamps merge seamlessly into the Active Air Stream Kidney Grille, which features louvers that open and close to improve aerodynamics and minimizes CO2 emissions.
- Integral Active Steering steers the rear wheels to match the turning of the front wheels. This reduces the turning radius, increases high-speed agility, and improves stability during lane changes.
- Adaptive Mode is a new drive mode that adapts to your individual driving style and reacts to various driving inputs such as speed, steering-wheel movement, and navigation system. It provides a balance between Comfort and Sport modes.
- Driving Assistant Plus includes Steering and Lane Control Assistance that offers semi-automated driving and Crossroads Warning to inform you about potential collisions at crossroads and pre-condition brakes to support an emergency stop.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.