Used BMW X5 for Sale
2021 BMW X5 M50i
Only available at CarMax Dulles, VA
2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i
Free Shipping from CarMax Laurel, MD
2016 BMW X5 XDrive35i
Only available at CarMax Potomac Mills, VA
2016 BMW X5 XDrive35i
$199 Shipping from CarMax Potomac Mills, VA
2015 BMW X5 XDrive35i
Free Shipping from CarMax White Marsh, MD
2016 BMW X5 XDrive35i
Free Shipping from CarMax Brandywine, MD
2018 BMW X5 XDrive35i
$199 Shipping from CarMax West Broad, VA
2018 BMW X5 XDrive35i
Only available at CarMax King of Prussia, PA
2018 BMW X5 XDrive35i
Coming soon to CarMax Dulles, VA
2021 BMW X5 xDrive40i
Coming soon to CarMax Greensboro, NC
About the BMW X5
Offering a wide array of powerful engine options, agile handling, and a luxurious, technology-rich interior, the BMW X5 certainly provides plenty for fans of luxury SUVs to get excited about. Starting with the 2019 model, the BMW X5 entered into its fourth and current generation and was updated to include new engine options, a refreshed interior and exterior styling, and new technology features. If you are in the market for an excellent luxury SUV, the BMW X5 certainly won't disappoint.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: Does the BMW X5 Have Third-Row Seating?
A: The BMW X5 is a two-row SUV and does not offer third-row seating. It is capable of seating up to five passengers.
Q: Is the BMW X5 Four-Wheel Drive?
A: The BMW X5 is not offered with a 4WD drivetrain. However, AWD is an available option on the 2014-2018 BMW X5 and comes standard on the 2019 BMW X5.
Q: What Kind of Gas Mileage Does the BMW X5 Get?
A: The 2018 BMW X5 gets an EPA estimated 21 mpg combined city/highway when equipped with a 3.0L V6 engine and an automatic transmission.1
Q: What Type of Engine is in the BMW X5?
A: The 2014-2019 BMW X5 comes available with numerous engine options. For the 2018 BMW X5, you'll be able to choose between three engine options: a 255 hp 3.0L turbodiesel V6 engine, a 300 hp 3.0L turbocharged V6 engine, and a 567 hp 4.4L turbocharged V8 engine.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
BMW X5 Select Available Packages
2014-2015 BMW X5 Select Available Packages
The 2014-2018 BMW X5 comes available with numerous package options. The standard features and select packages for the 2014-2018 BMW X5 include:
• Standard Features - The 2014-2018 BMW X5 comes with standard features such as a panoramic moonroof, heated front seats, a nine-speaker audio system, run-flat tires, and more!
• Mocha Interior Design Package - The Mocha Interior Design Package for the 2014-2018 BMW X5 adds features such as genuine wood interior trim, Mocha Nappa leather upholstery, and a black Nappa leather dashboard.
• Ivory White Interior Design Package - The Ivory White Interior Design Package for the 2014-2018 BMW X5 adds features such as genuine wood interior trim, Ivory White Nappa leather upholstery, and an Atlas Grey Nappa leather dashboard.
• M Sport Package - The M Sport Package for the 2014-2018 BMW X5 adds features such as a sport automatic transmission with gear shift paddles and Launch Control, aluminum roof rails, aluminum interior trim, M Sport badging, and more!
2019 BMW X5 Select Available Packages
The 2019 BMW X5 comes available with numerous package options. The standard features and select packages for the 2019 BMW X5 include:
• Standard Features - The 2019 BMW X5 comes with standard features such as dual-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic moonroof, a ten-speaker audio system, a 12.3-inch touchscreen display, and more!
• Premium Package - The Premium Package for the 2019 BMW X5 adds features such as a Wi-Fi hotspot, a rearview camera, a wireless charging pad, gesture control, and more!
• Executive Package - The Executive Package for the 2019 BMW X5 adds features such as heated and cooled cupholders, remote start, soft-close automatic doors, adaptive LED headlights, and more!
• M Sport Package - The M Sport Package for the 2019 BMW X5 adds features such as four-zone automatic climate control, M Sport badging, an adaptive M suspension, aluminum interior trim, and more!
BMW X5 vs Other Luxury SUVs
BMW X5 vs Audi Q7
As a three-row SUV, the 2018 Audi Q7 offers more passenger space than the two-row BMW X5, but provides a little less cargo space. With the 2018 BMW X5, you'll get up to 76.7 cubic ft. of cargo space whereas the 2017 Audi Q7 offers up to 71.6 cubic ft. of cargo space. The 2018 BMW X5 offers more powerful engine options than the 2018 Audi Q7 - including a 567 hp 4.4L twin-turbocharged V8 engine - but the 2018 Q7 comes with more standard features such as tri-zone automatic climate control and an arguably more premium interior.
2018 X5 vs 2018 Mercedes GLE
The BMW X5 and the Mercedes GLE are both very comparable when it comes to cargo space, with the 2018 GLE slightly edging out the 2018 X5 by offering up to 80.3 cubic ft. of cargo space. The 2018 Mercedes GLE also features a 301 hp base engine, which is more powerful than the 255 hp base engine found in the 2018 BMW X5. Both vehicles offer a comparable list of standard technology options.
BMW X5 vs Volvo XC90
The three-row Volvo XC90 offers more passenger and cargo space than the 2018 BMW X5 - providing up to 85.7 cubic ft. of cargo space in the 2018 and newer models. However, the 2018 BMW X5 comes equipped with a slightly more powerful base engine than the 2018 Volvo XC90, which features a 255 hp base engine. Both vehicles offer a comparable list of standard technology features.
RepairPal gave the BMW X5 an overall reliability rating of 2 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Below Average. This rating ranks the BMW X5 13th out of 19 among luxury fullsize SUVs.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a BMW X5 is $1166, compared to an average of $1057 for luxury fullsize SUVs and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, BMW X5 owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.8 times per year, compared to an average of 0.8 times for luxury fullsize SUVs and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 17% for the BMW X5, compared to an average of 18% for luxury fullsize SUVs and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for BMW X5
Great Price For The Perfect Car!
I have had an X3 for 5 years and I have two children, two dogs , myself and my husband. We were grown out of the X3 completely. I was originally going to purchase an Acura MDX and test drove it idk how many times. I've always wanted to upgrade to an X5 but didn't think financially it was a good idea. Then I met Dave Cormany and AJ (manager in Davie FL). I told them I felt like the Acura felt kind of like a toy car driving it and really wanted an X5 but didn't think they would have one that was affordable. I was wrong! Thank god I said something because it just so happened they had a few of them reasonably priced and that was the end of that.
- Cabin Noise:
- Ride and Handling:
- Fuel Economy:
A perfect workhorse for the family
I think this is the perfect family car. It drives and handles exceptionally well, very impressive considering its bulk and its weight. The car is very well designed inside and out, with beautiful styling and well laid out controls and panels. Just like an iPhone or a Mac Powerbook, you can easily tell by using it that the designers & engineers have thought of EVERYTHING when they made this vehicle. I think of it as an understated high performance luxury car that got everything right. I bought mine fully optioned AND with 3rd row seats, so it can haul a lot of people if needed but still handles very well. It has been a pleasure driving and using it.
- Ride and Handling: Rides like a luxury car, drives like a sports car
- Safety: The drive feels very secure and stable
- Interior Space: Very spacious, easily seats 5 adults plus 2 more
Love this car
This car looks great, is fun to drive, and is very comfortable on long trips. This is my first BMW and there are so many nice features on this car besides the things that are always advertised like navigation, sunroof, etc. There are a lot of little things that you don't get on less expensive cars like all 4 windows being 1-touch up and down, rain sensing wipers, lights under the door handles, and other cool features. The engine is super smooth and quiet even under full throttle. As for the interior, Mercedes is catching up in recent years, but for this model year BMW was light years ahead.
- Cabin Noise: Very quiet inside the car
- Power: Lots of power for an SUV and the engine souds great without being too loud
- Styling: Best looking vehicle in this segment
- Fuel Economy: I chose the V8 model so the gas mileage is terrible, but it is worth the extra power
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.