Used BMW X6 for Sale
2018 BMW X6 XDrive35i
Only available at CarMax King of Prussia, PA
2017 BMW X6 XDrive35i
$199 Shipping from CarMax Raleigh, NC
2016 BMW X6 XDrive50i
Coming soon to CarMax Laurel, MD
2018 BMW X6 XDrive35i
Coming soon to CarMax Potomac Mills, VA
About the BMW X6
If you're looking for a sporty, luxurious, and spacious crossover SUV, you should consider the BMW X6. The X6 takes the aggressive and bold styling the brand is famous for and applies it to the popular crossover SUV segment. This four-passenger, five-door vehicle was first introduced for the 2008 model year and entered a second-generation in 2015. A hybrid version of the BMW X6 became available for the 2010 model year.
Designed to combine the best of an SUV and sports coupe, the BMW X6 stands out in the crowded crossover market.
The 2015 and newer X6 sDrive35i with the twin-turbocharged 3.0L six-cylinder engine achieves an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.1 The 2010 ActiveHybrid X6 has an EPA-estimated 18 mpg combined fuel economy and features a twin-turbocharged V8 engine and two electric motors.1
Equipped with xDrive all-wheel drive on all models 2010 and newer, the BMW X6 should provide excellent traction in a variety of road conditions. Available infotainment includes an 8.8-inch touchscreen on 2010-through-2014 models.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
1 Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
BMW X6 Trim Configurations
The BMW X6 is available in the following trim variations:
- XDrive35i - This is the base trim and is available on 2010-and-later models. It includes 19-inch alloy wheels, Xenon adaptive headlights, a 10-speaker sound system, power-adjustable front seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, a power moonroof, and heated seats.
- XDrive50i - This trim upgrades the engine and power while adding standard self-leveling suspension, 19-inch alloy wheels, and 20-way power-adjustable front seats.
- SDrive35i - This trim level is available on 2015-and-newer models and is also a base trim. It includes all of the same features of the XDrive35i but is only available in rear-wheel drive.
- X6 M - The high-performing sport version of the BMW X6. this trim should not be confused with the optional “M Sport Package." The 2015-and-newer X6 M features a modified twin-turbocharged 4.4L V8 making 567 horsepower as well as 21-inch alloy wheels, a power moonroof, quad exhaust pipes, M badging, and front and rear parking sensors.
Q: Is the BMW X6 an SUV?
A: The BMW X6 is considered by many to be a sporty crossover SUV. BMW designed the X6 to combine many of the elements from a full-body SUV with the appearances of a sports coupe. This exciting combination has created a genre all its own.
Q: Is the BMW X6 a 4-wheel drive?
A: The BMW X6 features all-wheel-drive technology developed by BMW. It is a full-time system that can adjust the power to each wheel, providing power to wheels with grip and reducing spinning on wheels without grip. However, since it doesn't have many of the mechanical locking parts of a four-wheel-drive system, it's not considered true four-wheel drive.
Q: What engine does the BMW X6 have?
A: There are two engines available for all 2010-and-newer BMW X6 models. In 2010-through-2014 models, the standard engine is a twin-turbocharged 3.0L six-cylinder engine that makes 300 horsepower. Upgrade to the X6 xDrive50i for a powerful, twin-turbocharged 4.4L V8 engine making 400 horsepower. The twin-turbocharged V8 horsepower increased to 445 for 2015-and-newer models.
Q: Is the BMW X6 a hatchback?
A: No. The BMW X6 is a “Sports Activity Coupe" that mixes the size and comfort of an SUV with the looks of a coupe—stylized with a sweeping rear deck. For this reason, the BMW X6 is not generally called a hatchback.
Q: How many passengers does a BMW X6 hold?
A: Regardless of the model year, the BMW X6 has four-doors and should fit you and three passengers. There is no third-row option available.
RepairPal gave the BMW X6 an overall reliability rating of 2 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Below Average. This rating ranks the BMW X6 16th out of 19 among luxury fullsize SUVs.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a BMW X6 is $1206, compared to an average of $1057 for luxury fullsize SUVs and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, BMW X6 owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 1 times per year, compared to an average of 0.8 times for luxury fullsize SUVs and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 21% for the BMW X6, compared to an average of 18% for luxury fullsize SUVs and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for BMW X6
Couldn't believe the great price that I got it for.
The service was great and I have a very happy with my vehicle.
- Styling: It is different from anything else that's out there.
- Ride and Handling: Rides like a true sports car.
- Technology and Entertainment: Current technology
I love this car
The drive on the X6 is great. The engine has excellent power. The car has many features like the backup camera, sunroof, heated seats, push start, leather interior etc..
- Power: This SUV has great pick up.
- Styling: I love the look of this vehicle. I'm always excited when I see it parked outside.
- Technology and Entertainment: Cameras, bluetooth, push start
- Fuel Economy: It costs a lot to fill up and it goes quickly
- Cost to Maintain: BMW is not cheap to keep up.
- Cargo Space: The cargo space in the back is small. Smaller than some cars.
Love the car but too many problems, already
The car is beautiful but have an independent shop or dealer check the car. It has been in the shop twice in less than six months
- Visibility: Beautiful car
- Ride and Handling: Rides nice and you feel like you own the world.
- Styling: You will look great in this car.
- Cost to Maintain: I bought the service warranty and it was a high deductible. I have paid a lot of money for service warranty deductible plus my car note. I have own the car less than 6 months.
- Reliability: I hope the reliability improves since it broke down on a long trip.
- Value: The car is expensive to own and maintain.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.