Used BMW X4 for Sale
About the BMW X4
The BMW X4 is a luxury compact SUV that was introduced in 2015 and redesigned for 2019. It is a good choice if you're looking for an upscale SUV with sporty engine options and standard all-wheel drive. The second-generation X4 (introduced in 2019) comes with two engine options: a 248-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder in the base xDrive30i trim or a 355-horsepower turbocharged six-cylinder engine in the higher-level M40i trim.
The second-generation X4 comes with standard luxury features including a panoramic moonroof, leatherette upholstery, and lots of driver-assist features including adaptive cruise control and front and rear parking sensors.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: Is the BMW X4 four-wheel drive?
A: The BMW X4 comes with standard all-wheel drive in all model years and trim levels. Although this is slightly different from true four-wheel drive (which is better for off-roading) the BMW's all-wheel-drive system makes it appealing to drivers in colder climates who are regularly navigating icy or snowy roads.
Q: Does the BMW X4 have a panoramic roof?
A: The second generation of the BMW X4 (introduced in 2019) comes standard with a panoramic sunroof at all trim levels. The previous generation (2015–2018) came standard with a moonroof that was not panoramic.
Q: What's the difference between BMW X4 and X6?
A: The BMW X6 has a more powerful engine than the X4 but does not come standard with all-wheel drive—although it is an available option on the X6's xDrive35i and xDrive50i trims. The 2019 X6's base engine is a 300-horsepower turbocharged six-cylinder, with optional V8 engines that produce 445 or 567 horsepower.
The vehicles have similar interior space (the 2019 X6 has 40.3 inches of front legroom and 35.6 inches of rear legroom, compared with 40.7 and 35.5 inches in the 2019 X4). The 2019 X6 has 26.6 cubic feet of cargo space, compared with 18.5 cubic feet in the X4.
Q: Is the BMW X4 a hatchback?
A: The BMW X4 is a crossover SUV that has five doors. It has a rear liftgate but more in the manner of an SUV than a hatchback.
Q: Where is the BMW X4 built?
A: The BMW X4, like all of BMW's X models, is manufactured in Greer, South Carolina. The plant is known as Plant Spartanburg and is the biggest BMW production facility in the world.
BMW X4 Trim Configurations
The second generation of the BMW X4 (launched in 2019) is available in two trim levels:
- xDrive30i: Features a 248-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder engine, leatherette seats, a panoramic moonroof, Apple CarPlay™, adaptive cruise control, and automatic and emergency braking. Packages are available that add WiFi hotspot capability and a 16-speaker Harman Kardon® audio system.
- M40i: The main difference from the above lies in the 355-horsepower turbocharged six-cylinder engine; also, satellite radio comes standard on this trim.
The 2017–2018 BMW X4 is available in two trim levels:
- xDrive 28i: Features a 240-horsepower four-cylinder, leatherette seats, a moonroof, and a high-definition radio.
- M40i: Sports a 355-horsepower six-cylinder engine, leather seats, satellite radio, and a Harman Kardon audio system.
The 2015–2016 BMW X4 is available in three trim levels:
- xDrive28i: Features a 240-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder engine, leatherette seats, a moonroof, and a nine-speaker audio system.
- xDrive35i: Includes a 300-horsepower turbocharged six-cylinder engine, a 16-speaker Harmon Kardon surround-sound system, and 19-inch alloy wheels.
- M40i: Sports a 355-horsepower twin-turbocharged six-cylinder engine, leather seats, performance tires, and sport styling.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.