Used BMW M2 for Sale
2019 BMW M2 Competition
Only available at CarMax Newport News, VA
2020 BMW M2 Competition
Only available at CarMax Newport News, VA
About the BMW M2
If you admired the limited-edition BMW 2 Series when it was available in the United States, you really owe it to yourself to take a look at the BMW M2. This four-passenger, two-door coupe made its debut for the 2016 model year after not enough 2 Series models were produced to meet demand in the United States.
As you can probably imagine, the M2 is based on the popular 2 Series, but deviates a bit from its design with a 3.2-inch wider frame, a revised suspension, and more power under the hood with its turbocharged 3.0L V6 engine at a respectable 365 hp on the 2017 model. By 2019, a revised V6 engine offers even more zest at 405 hp.
What about space? You'll be pleasantly surprised to find 13.8 cubic feet of dedicated trunk space on the 2019 M2, which is pretty generous for a two-door coupe. Meanwhile, power-adjustable front sport seats keep you and your front passenger supported—and the rear row is spacious enough to accommodate two adults.
In terms of standard features, the 2018 M2 is equipped with conveniences like heated front seats, keyless entry/ignition, a built-in navigation system, and an 8.8-inch infotainment display. On the 2019 model, you'll even find standard driver-assistance features like forward-collision warning/mitigation, automatic emergency braking, and lane-departure warning for extra confidence behind the wheel.
With so much to offer, a used BMW M2 should really be on your short list if you're looking for a sporty coupe that's ready to power all your driving adventures.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: How fast can the 2018 BMW M2 go?
A: Many factors can affect speed, but the 2018 BMW M2 is reported to have a top speed of 155 mph.
Q: What engine is on the 2017 BMW M2?
A: The 2017 BMW M2 is equipped with a turbocharged 3.0L V6 engine at 365 hp, which is paired to a six-speed manual transmission and rear-wheel drive. When sold new, a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission was optional, so you may be able to find used models equipped with it.
Q: Does the 2018 BMW M2 have Apple CarPlay®?
A: Apple CarPlay is not standard on the 2018 BMW M2, but it was offered as an add-on feature when sold new.
Q: What is the fuel economy of the 2016 BMW M2?
A: Fuel economy can vary slightly depending on whether you're looking at a model with six-speed manual transmission or seven-speed dual-clutch automatic. For reference, the rear-wheel drive 2016 M2 base trim with turbocharged 3.0L V6 engine and six-speed manual transmission gets an EPA-estimated 21 mpg combined.1 Meanwhile, the RWD 2016 M2 with same turbocharged V6 engine and seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 22 mpg combined.1
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
BMW M2 Trim Configurations
The sporty BMW M2 has been offered in a single trim configuration since it debuted in 2016. Beginning with the 2019 model year, however, it is worth noting that the Base trim was renamed the Competition trim.
Standard features on the 2019 Base/Competition trim include:
- 19-inch wheels
- Leather upholstery
- 8.8-inch touchscreen display
- 12-speaker Harman Kardon® sound system
- Built-in navigation system
On every M2 model year, an Executive Package was also optional when this coupe was sold new. For the 2019 model year specifically, this package adds features that include:
- Available Wi-Fi hotspot2
- Heated steering wheel
- Adaptive headlights
- Wireless device charging
2Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner’s manual or manufacturer website for more information.
Reviews for BMW M2
Wonderful Car, but little bummed with CarMax
Great performance car, not great if you have a family and kids. CarMax did sell it to me without disclosing a small dent on the front passenger side of the car. Wish they had at the least disclosed it or fixed it.
- Ride and Handling:
- Fuel Economy:
- Cost to Maintain:
- Interior Space:
Sporty, fun, and can still hold kids.
BMW reputation for fun to drive cars, holds true with this car. Its a blast to drive.
- Value: Bang for your buck is great. A lot less expensive than m3 or m4, but true performance car.
- Ride and Handling: Car handles exceptionally well, which is to be expected from BMW.
- Cargo Space: Lots of room inside this small coupe. I can fold the rear seats and get my twenty-niner" Mountain bike and my sons 24" in the car. Granted removing the quick release wheels but takes only a minute and they fit easily. No roof rack needed for me :)
- Technology and Entertainment: Long time bmw owner of many models, and I still don't like the I drive wheel and functions.
- Dashboard: Gauges look great, but I am 6'2" so where I have my seat doesn't allow me to see the mileage on the car? I can see the speedo and rpm gauges well, but the odometer that sits at the bottom of the cluster is blocked by the steering wheel unless I lean forward. No biggie though.
- Cost to Maintain: All cars cost money, but lets face it, if you want reliability go Honda/ Toyota, I bought extended warranty to kick in after manufactures warranty because BMW can be pricey to fix. No issues with mine yet, but 2017 with only 18k miles, I'd be shocked if I did have an issue this early on.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.