This is literally a mini-mini-van. It's legally a station wagon but is set up like a mini-van. It is surprisingly versatile with the back seats folding all flat to make a large cargo space or up to hold 6 people very comfortably. We are surprised how much stuff fits in it and how much space we have. Lots of little features that I like such as a fold-out center console for the center seats. It is the very definition of "right sized" for our family.
Great for small families who want the functionality of a minivan but don't need all the space. Just got 29-30 mpg on a long road trip. Sliding doors are awesome. Driver's seat leg room could be better if the driver is over 6 ft (like myself), but it's not cramped. A bit of road noise, but it drives and handles better than most cars I've driven. Great vehicle!
Love my Mazda5
2013 Mazda Mazda5Anonymous - Tucson, AZ02/22/2015
1. Excellent handling in rain.
2. Great room for family and pets.
3. Folding third row.
4. Many different audio options (FM, AM, CD, USB, Sirius)
5. When you back into your garage door because you forgot to open it, the car will not get damaged. Oops.
1. Not a lot of storage space between driver and passenger seats.
2. Too many features for kids to play with and ask about.
3. Windows roll all the way down in the back, resulting in children yelling out the window at their friends when leaving school.
4. Picks up speed too quickly on the highway.
5. Brakes too well.
This article covers CarMax’s best-selling small cars of 2017 based on vehicle sales data from January 1 through October 31, 2017. If you’re looking for style and affordability, a small car may fit the bill.
This sports car buying guide has 18 different sports cars for shoppers who want a little more driving excitement in their lives. There’s something for everyone here, from zippy four-cylinder convertibles to monstrous, 500-horsepower-plus sports cars that really push you back in their driver’s seats!
With so many options for families on the roads today, CarMax is here to help guide you on your search for your next family car. This article covers a list of some of the best SUVs, sedans and minivans for families of all sizes.