Used Mercedes-Benz GL450 for Sale
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL450
Free Shipping from CarMax Laurel, MD
2013 Mercedes-Benz GL450
Free Shipping from CarMax Brandywine, MD
2015 Mercedes-Benz GL450
Free Shipping from CarMax Virginia Beach, VA
About the Mercedes-Benz GL450
When you need space for a growing family but don't want to sacrifice luxury in the process, a three-row crossover SUV like the Mercedes-Benz GL-Class could be a sensible choice. Introduced in 2007, the GL-Class offers three-row seating on every trim level to accommodate up to seven passengers comfortably.
The GL450 trim specifically offers a powerful 3.0L V6 engine at 362 hp on its 2014-2016 trims, plus all-wheel drive and a maximum cargo capacity of a whopping 93.8 cubic feet. Meanwhile, every 2016 GL450 trim is adorned with generous features like premium vinyl upholstery, a power liftgate, heated front seats, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel with classy wood trim. If you're serious about finding an SUV that's large enough for your family while still offering elegance and utility, the GL450 trim on the Mercedes-Benz GL-Class is worth a look.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: What does Mercedes GL stand for?
A: The "GL" stands for the German phrase "Geländewagen Luxus," which roughly translates to "light crossover."
Q: How long is a Mercedes GL450?
A: Length may vary by model year, but the 2016 GL450 measures 201.6 inches long.
Q: Does the Mercedes GL450 have a third row?
A: Yes, every trim level on the Mercedes GL-Class is offered with three rows for a seating capacity of seven people.
Q: Is the Mercedes GL450 capable of towing?
A: Yes; when properly equipped, the 2016 GL450 can tow up to 7,500 pounds.1
1Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
Mercedes-Benz GL450 Trim Configurations
The GL450 trim has been available since Mercedes released the GL-Class in 2007, but its most recent model years fall from 2014 through 2016. For each of these model years, the GL450 is offered as the second of four trim configurations—featuring a turbocharged 3.0L V6 engine at 362 hp, a seven-speed automatic transmission, and Mercedes' 4MATIC all-wheel drive system.
Standard equipment on every 2016 GL450 model includes:
- 19-inch wheels
- Power liftgate
- Automatic dual-zone climate control
- Premium vinyl upholstery
Several packages are also offered for the 2016 GL450 trim, with key features for each outlined below.
- Keyless entry and ignition
- Heated and cooled cup holders
- Ambient cabin lighting
- Built-in navigation system
- Integrated voice commands
- Bi-xenon headlights
- Automatic high beams
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Automated parallel-parking system
- Surround-view camera
RepairPal gave the Mercedes-Benz GL450 an overall reliability rating of 1.5 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Below Average. This rating ranks the Mercedes-Benz GL450 17th out of 19 among luxury fullsize SUVs.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Mercedes-Benz GL450 is $1293, compared to an average of $1057 for luxury fullsize SUVs and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Mercedes-Benz GL450 owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 1.2 times per year, compared to an average of 0.8 times for luxury fullsize SUVs and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 20% for the Mercedes-Benz GL450, compared to an average of 18% for luxury fullsize SUVs and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for Mercedes-Benz GL450
Great SUV From MB
Extremely smooth and quiet ride, good gas mileage, reliable thus far.
- Cabin Noise:
- Ride and Handling:
- Seat Comfort: The seat fabric is coming apart due to wear at the seat side bolster.
- Technology and Entertainment: No remote start feature. BIG miss by Mercedes
the price was good after comparing it to Mercedes Benz dealers
Dependable, lots of room and classes looking
- Power: my 2nd mercedes, love this is bigger, fashionable, prestigious .I own my own business. I feel prosperous .
You can't go wrong with this one!!
Excellent vehicle, I have owned all of the luxury SUV from Lexus to Range Rover and this is by far the best if ever owned. This is my 3rd GL. My first one was purchased in 2007 and I have never turned back. It handles like a luxury MB vehicle, I also own an S550 and the drive is the same. Excellent gas mileage for an SUV and great on and off road as well as maintenance costs are affordable.
- Cost to Maintain: Reasonable as any domestic SUV maintenance
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.