This vehicle performs fairly well. I am the only one to have owned this particular Nissan Quest.
* Engine sounds sluggish at times, but effectively moves the immense vehicle weight well.
* Traction Control is a hinderance starting out on a slippery road, but is very effective at speed.
* Vehicle has 74,300 miles on it and the front brakes have been replaced at 4 times and the back brakes have been replaced twice. I notified Nissan Consumer Affairs of the problem.
* Others have reported transmission problems and rattling in the doors, but I have yet to experience either of those issues.
* A/C Compressor siezed up and as a result broke the serpentine belt as well. This occured at the 73,000 mile mark. Vehicle is VERY expensive to get repaired.
* Tire size is 225/65 and that is a non-standard size. I have always had to special order them. They are about 150 bucks a tire and only Michelin (sp?) and Goodyear have them.
Other than those instances cited above, the vehicle has transversed the Continental United States twice, as well as, the East Coast. It is probably third in line behind the Oddessey and the Sienna and offers the most bang for your buck in comparison. Comfort is ok and interior space is outstanding. If you have young kids, the DVD system is a tremondous plus if you get one that has it in it. Placement is not ideal for operation of it, but it is out of the way under the passenger seat.
Some of the best compact SUVs today are efficient, with good power and handy features like a turbocharged engine, all-wheel drive, and even third-row seats. Check out this top 10 list, based on CarMax sales data from January 1, 2017, through December 31, 2017.
In the market for a rugged all-wheel drive vehicle? These SUVs with available AWD can make tackling rough road conditions a breeze. Check out this list of best AWD SUVs, based on CarMax sales data from September 27, 2017 through March 27, 2018.
Looking for the best midsize SUVs for your daily commute or weekend adventure? Check out this list of our best midsize SUVs for 2018 shoppers based on CarMax sales data from January 1, 2017, through December 31, 2017.
Published on Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Shop for a Used 2014 Nissan Quest S at Popular Locations