Used 2018 Volkswagen Atlas for Sale
About the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas
If you are looking to purchase a roomy and comfortable family vehicle that is also well-equipped and powerful, the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas may be the ideal SUV for you. The 2018 Volkswagen Atlas is a three-row midsize SUV that can be equipped with either a 276 hp 3.6L V6 engine or a 235 hp 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine - both of which provide an exciting amount of power and acceleration. In addition to these capable engine options, drivers who purchase a 2018 Volkswagen Atlas can also look forward to standard features such as a rearview camera, a 6.5-inch touchscreen display, LED headlights, and dual-zone climate control, while a wide range of other premium features come available on upper trims. All things considered, the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas is a roomy, powerful, and feature-rich midsize SUV that presents an exciting option for anyone who is in the market for a well-rounded family vehicle.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: Does the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas have a third row?
A: Yes, the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas is a three-row midsize SUV.
Q: What engine is in the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas?
A: The 2018 Volkswagen Atlas can be equipped with two different engine options - a 276 hp 3.6L V6 engine or a 235 hp 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine.
Q: Is the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas AWD?
A: The 2018 Volkswagen Atlas comes standard with a FWD drivetrain. However, AWD was an available option for the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas.
Q: What is the largest Volkswagen SUV?
A: After the Volkswagen Routan was discontinued following the release of the 2012 model, the three-row Volkswagen Atlas became the largest Volkswagen SUV that remains in production.
First entering the market as a 2018 model, the Volkswagen Atlas is a relatively new addition to Volkswagen's renowned lineup of vehicles. When the all-new 2018 Volkswagen Atlas first went on sale it was praised as a roomy, powerful, and well-equipped midsize SUV. Today, the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas remains a popular SUV on the used car market for these same reasons.
The 2018 Volkswagen Atlas comes available in five different trim configurations - S, SE, SE With Technology, SEL, and SEL Premium. Drivers who opt for the base S trim of the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas can look forward to standard features such as a 6.5-inch touchscreen display, a six-speaker audio system, LED headlights, a rearview camera, and dual-zone climate control, while upgrading to the SE trim of the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas gets you all of these features as well as a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, heated front seats, automatic headlights, and eight-speaker audio system, and more. The SE With Technology trim includes everything found on the SE trim as well as a power rear liftgate, tri-zone automatic climate control, forward collision warning, adaptive cruise control, and more. The SEL trim of the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas, meanwhile, includes everything found on the SE With Technology trim as well as premium features such as driver's seat memory, a panoramic sunroof, chrome exterior accents, and park distance control. Lastly, the SEL Premium trim of the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas includes all of the features found on the SEL trim as well as a Fender® twelve-speaker premium audio system, heated and cooled front seats, heated second-row seats, perforated leather first and second-row seats, a built-in navigation system, and more.
In terms of powertrains, the SEL Premium trim of the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas comes standard with a 276 hp 3.6L V6 engine while all other trims come standard with a 235 hp 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine. However, the 3.6L V6 engine is an available option for every trim of the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas. Thanks to these engine options as well as the 2018 Atlas's roomy, comfortable interior and an impressive offering of standard and available features, the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas is a midsize SUV that stacks up well against competitors in its class.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration's independent crash tests help you make informed decisions about vehicle safety. NHTSA's 5-Star Safety Ratings give consumers insights into how vehicles perform in crash tests, with more stars equaling higher safety ratings. Here are the ratings for the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas. Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Visit nhtsa.gov/recalls to look up a specific vehicle.
Reviews for 2018 Volkswagen Atlas
I’ve received so many compliments on my Atlas and there are so many great features. Spacious, economy saver, window screens, digital feature, sunroof with visor, safety features and more!
- Interior Space: The seats are wow! I’ve got 4-adults and 2-kids (1 full size car seat and 1 booster). I’ve even had 6 adults in in this beautiful vehicle and everyone was beyond comfortable!
- Power: The best of both an SUV and power vehicle that picks up speed.
- Technology and Entertainment: I should have selected this above the power, because the technology is packed with lots of safety features. that I truly appreciate. Alerts if something is close, drift lanes and most importantly if a car passing me / okay to change lane - saves me from breaking my neck at times when wanting to switch lanes in crazy traffic. I can safely accept a call from my kids, parents or husband without touching anything. Entertainment is easy - sound system is nice and many options to listen to my Pandora or listen to different station.
- Cabin Noise: Literally. I had to try and think about a con. Issue I’m getting checked out is I hear a pop noise sporadically that appears to be coming from my roof / sunroof at times when it’s closed. I don’t hear when it’s open.
- Weather Versatility: N/A system made me choose another con. I don’t have another
- Visibility: n/a I don’t have another con - system made me choose another one.
Stylish, Sturdy and Safe
This SUV is more than stylish. When driven, you “feel” safe. Many alerts make you aware of potential dangers. The cabin blocks outside noises well. At 5’ 9 and husband at 6’ 5, there is still plenty of leg room in the second row for passengers. Love that it isn’t overstated like some luxury SUVs.
- Ride and Handling:
- Interior Space:
- Cost to Maintain: Not a con, but an unknown
Great for families
We love this car. We were in the market for a car that would seat seven, and had all wheel drive. Out of what was available, most were two small, discontinued, ridiculously overpriced, or just kind of dorky. This car provides a good size with plenty of legroom, a nice finish and a lot of tech all at a reasonable price.
- Interior Space: All three rows have plenty of legroom and they’re fairly comfortable for all passengers.
- Value: For what is available on this vehicle for the price, it is a very good value.
- Cargo Space:
- Fuel Economy: it is a fairly large vehicle and therefore gets a little lower mileage.
- Cost to Maintain: We haven’t had to have any repairs made, and oil changes are every 10,000 miles, but if there are any issues that a dealer would need to deal with we do not have one in our area.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.