A versatile compact SUV with lots of personality.
If you're looking for a vehicle that can keep up with your active lifestyle and hold its own on your daily commute, the Jeep Renegade is a versatile compact SUV that's worthy of a spot on your shopping list. The 2020 model combines an attractive design with lots of character, a comfortable ride, and a practical powertrain, adding up to a vehicle that's not only fun-to-drive but easy to maneuver through urban locales. If you like exploring the road-less-traveled, the 2020 Renegade offers an off-road-capable Trailhawk version that's designed to handle rugged terrain so you can enjoy more of the great outdoors.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Jeep Renegades on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Jeep Renegade review:
2020 Jeep Renegade: Key Specs and Features:
- The 2020 Jeep Renegade with FWD, 1.3L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 27 mpg combined.1
- The 2020 Jeep Renegade with AWD, 1.3L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 26 mpg combined.1
- The 2020 Jeep Renegade with FWD, 2.4L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 25 mpg combined.1
- The 2020 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk with AWD, 1.3L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 24 mpg combined.1
- The 2020 Jeep Renegade with AWD, 2.4L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 24 mpg combined.1
- The 2020 Renegade offers 18.5 cubic feet of cargo space with all seats in place.
- Folding the second row down expands cargo capacity to 50.8 cubic feet of volume.
- Jeep Renegade towing capacity is an estimated 2,000 lbs. with the 2.4L four-cylinder or turbo 1.3L four-cylinder on 2020 AWD models when properly equipped.2
- All 2020 Jeep Renegade models offer seating for five passengers.
- 2.4L four-cylinder (180 hp and 175 lb.-ft. of torque) with a nine-speed automatic transmission
- Turbocharged 1.3L four-cylinder (177 hp and 200 lb.-ft. of torque) with a nine-speed automatic transmission.
- All 2020 Renegade models include a rearview monitor with active grid lines to help you out when you're parking.
- The Jeep Renegade Sport trim comes standard with a Uconnect® 3 infotainment system and a five-inch display.
- Stepping up to the Latitude trim gives you access to Uconnect 4 infotainment system with a seven-inch display and Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ capability.
- Uconnect 4C NAV with an 8.4-inch display is optional on all Latitude and higher trims.
- Blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-path detection systems are optional at all trim levels.
The Jeep Renegade has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Capable Trailhawk
If you like to let-lose after hours, the 2020 Jeep Renegade allows you to embrace the great outdoors with its off-road-oriented Trailhawk trim. Riding on 17-inch wheels, this is the only Renegade model that's outfitted with four-wheel drive that also includes low-range gearing. You also get a raised suspension with 8.7 inches of ground clearance, so you are better equipped to climb over rugged terrain, plus there is an underbody skid plate to protect the Renegade's underside during even the roughest drives. If you like to explore mountainous trails, the 2020 Renegade Trailhawk comes standard with hill-descent control, which uses anti-lock brakes and other systems to maintain speed as you crawl down steep grades.
2. Playful Personality
One look at the 2020 Jeep Renegade and it's clear that this compact SUV has no shortage of character. Sporting a boxy design with a classic Jeep look, the Renegade is sure to get you noticed. The front-end is accented with a sporty vertical-duct, Wrangler-style grille, and circular headlights that give the SUV lots of personality. The Trailhawk trim adds some other cool design elements as well, like bright-red signature front tow hooks and 17-inch gloss-black polished-aluminum wheels. Inside the cabin, bold red accent stitching also adds to the Trailhawk's ready-to-play attitude.
3. Functional Cabin
The 2020 Renegade's boxy design makes way for a spacious cabin that can comfortably fit five passengers with room to spare. With 40.5 inches of headroom in the back row and 35.1 inches of legroom, taller passengers won't have to fight for a coveted front seat. There's also 18.5 cubic feet of cargo volume in the trunk to carry a full load of groceries or you can expand the flat-folding rear seatbacks to open up 50.8 cubic feet of volume. Whether running errands or packing up for a longer trip, the Renegade is a versatile compact SUV offering you and your passengers a flexible yet functional cabin to get comfortable in.
4. Open-air Experience
If you're craving an open-air driving experience that's reminiscent of riding in a Jeep Wrangler, you'll be happy to know that all trims of the 2020 Renegade can be outfitted with an optional My Sky™ Open-Air Roof System. With two manually-removable panels, you can easily enjoy full panoramic views of the sky above. The panels conveniently store in the height-adjustable rear cargo area, allowing you to remove them when you want to experience some open-air fun.
5. Useful Technology
Latitude and higher trims of the 2020 Jeep Renegade come standard with a Uconnect 4 infotainment system, which uses a seven-inch touchscreen display to seamlessly integrate into the vehicle's tech features. This includes accessing certain smartphone apps through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, making hands-free calls via Bluetooth® connectivity, or queuing up for favorite tunes using streaming audio. Uconnect 4C NAV is also optional on Latitude and higher trims if you are craving a richer, high-tech experience. This system includes GPS navigation and a larger 8.4-inch touchscreen display.
What You Need to Know
2020 Jeep Renegade: Available Trims
- Sport: Includes 16-inch black-styled steel wheels, manual air conditioning, cloth upholstery, Uconnect 3 infotainment system with five-inch display, rearview monitor, and more.
- Latitude: Adds 17-inch tech silver aluminum wheels, power-adjustable heated mirrors, dual-zone automatic temperature control, Uconnect 4 infotainment system with seven-inch display, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability, and more.
- Trailhawk: Adds 17-inch off-road aluminum wheels, front and rear tow hooks, skid plates, premium cloth upholstery with red accent stitching and embroidered Trailhawk logo, leather-wrapped shift knob, and more.
- Limited: Adds 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, leather upholstery, heated front seats, six-way power-adjustable driver seat, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and more.
2020 Jeep Renegade: Available Colors
- Alpine White Clear Coat
- Bikini Clear Coat
- Black Clear Coat
- Colorado Red Clear Coat
- Glacier Metallic Clear Coat
- Granite Crystal Clear Coat
- Jetset Blue Metallic Clear Coat
- Omaha Orange Clear Coat
- Slate Blue Pearl Coat
- Sting Gray Clear Coat
2020 Jeep Renegade: Interior
- All 2020 Jeep Renegade models offer two rows of seating for five passengers.
- Maximum cargo capacity is 50.8 cubic feet of volume inside the 2020 Renegade.
- All trim levels feature cloth upholstery, except Limited, which includes leather upholstery.
- Dual-zone automatic temperature control comes standard on Latitude and higher trims.
- All 2020 Renegade models offer an optional My Sky Open-Air Roof System to enjoy more of the great outdoors.
2020 Jeep Renegade: Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Jeep Renegade is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. Pricing data for this model at CarMax is currently unavailable. See below to learn more about previous model years.
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Jeep Renegade, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
Safety and Reliability
RepairPal® Reliability Ratings for the 2020 Jeep Renegade3
The 2020 Jeep Renegade is a newer model and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. You may also consider other used Jeep Renegades with similar features. Below are RepairPal reliability ratings for prior model years of the 2020 Jeep Renegade.
- Overall RepairPal Reliability Rating - 4.0/5.0
- Average annual cost of unscheduled repairs and maintenance: $498.00
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010–2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features. Learn more at www.carmax.com/repairpal-reliability.
NHTSA Safety Ratings: 2020 Jeep Renegade
The 2020 Jeep Renegade is not rated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Jeep Renegade, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
If you're looking to find a small SUV that can keep up with your busy lifestyle, the Jeep Compass is a solid bet. 2018–2019 models run off a 2.4L four-cylinder engine that makes 180 hp and 175 lb.-ft. of torque, which is good get-up-and-go for daily commuting and shuttling kids to activities. With its compact dimensions, the Compass is easy to maneuver in the city or on the highway, while its touring-tuned suspension provides a smooth ride over bumpy roads for added comfort. With 38.3 inches of second-row legroom and 27.2 cubic feet of cargo volume with all seats in place, the Jeep Compass is a practical and spacious small SUV. The range-topping Limited trim comes with the following standard features on 2018–2019 models:
- 18-inch aluminum wheels with polished face and tech gray painted pockets
- Heated front seats
- Eight-way power-adjustable driver seat
- Uconnect 4 with 8.4-inch display
If you have a thirst for an authentic Jeep experience, the iconic Wrangler is an obvious option with its heroic off-road capability and classic throwback styling. Available in two- and four-door body styles with soft- and hard-top roof options, the Wrangler lets you enjoy a truly open-air on-road experience whether you are cruising through the city or taking your boards to the beach. Redesigned in 2018, fourth-generation Wranglers run off a 3.6L V6 that pushes out 285 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, or you can opt for an available 270-hp turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder. This engine returns an EPA-estimated 24 mpg combined when equipped with AWD and an eight-speed automatic transmission.1 The base-level Sport trim includes the following standard features on 2018–2019 Wranglers:
- 17-inch steel wheels
- Skid plates and tow hooks
- Cloth upholstery
- Five-inch Uconnect touchscreen display
Need a midsize SUV that can transport your family of five, tow a boat, and go off-road all in the same day? The Jeep Cherokee has all that capability and more, especially if you choose one with the 3.2L V6 engine, which comes standard on the 2019 Cherokee Limited (4x4 models), Overland, and the off-road-oriented Trailhawk. When properly equipped, the 3.2L can tow an estimated 4,500 lbs., which is a lot of muscle for a two-row midsize SUV.2 The 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk also comes standard with an off-road suspension and a Select-Terrain Traction Management System with Rock Mode so you can traverse over rugged topography with authority. The 2019 Trailhawk also includes the following standard features:
- 17-inch polished and titanium painted off-road aluminum wheels
- Front and rear red tow hooks
- Fabric and leather-trimmed seating with red accent stitching
- Electronic stability control and trailer sway control
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Jeep Renegade is a small SUV with a lot to offer. It will grab your attention with its stylish good looks and great personality, but its comfortable ride, spacious cabin, and off-road capabilities are what you'll be telling all your friends about. If you're looking for a compact SUV that's as active as you are, the Jeep Renegade is sure to please.
Looking to learn more about the Jeep Renegade and similar vehicles? Check out these related articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
3RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks ™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.