Used Buick Regal for Sale
2014 Buick Regal GS
Available at your store CarMax Dulles, VA
About the Buick Regal
The Buick Regal is a midsize luxury sedan offering seating for up to five people. Production of this premium sedan first began with the 1973 model year, though the model went on hiatus from 2004 through 2010. In 2011, the fifth generation of Buick Regal was launched with a total redesign that featured a more aerodynamic body style and robust engine offerings, including a turbocharged four-cylinder option.
The Buick Regal is also one of just a handful of sedans offered with all-wheel drive, making this an excellent option for those who live in less forgiving climates. Its ability to tackle tough terrain, combined with its generous features and 14.2 cubic feet of trunk space in the 2017 model year, truly make the Buick Regal stand out.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: What is a Buick Regal?
A: The Buick Regal is a midsize luxury sedan that offers seating for up to five people.
Q: Is the Buick Regal being discontinued?
A: The Buick Regal has not been discontinued, but it was rebranded as the Buick Regal Sportback beginning with the 2018 model year. This all-new model features some updates to the traditional Regal, including a wheelbase that is three inches longer and offers more than twice the cargo storage space at 31.5 cubic feet.
Q: Is the Buick Regal all-wheel drive?
A: The Buick Regal comes standard with front-wheel drive, though all-wheel drive is optional.
Q: Is Buick a luxury brand?
A: Yes, Buick has positioned itself as a premium/luxury automobile brand in North America, particularly with models like the Regal and Lacrosse sedans, as well as the Encore and Enclave SUVs.
Buick Regal Trim Configurations
The Buick Regal has been offered in no fewer than seven trim configurations since the 2014, with the top-tier Regal GS being the only consistent offering across every year. Throughout the Regal's fifth generation of production (2008-2017), however, this sedan has been offered with optional all-wheel drive and diverse engine options, including a standard turbocharged four-cylinder at 259 hp for the 2015 model year.
Unless otherwise noted, the following trim features are based on the 2017 model year.
These standard features are specific to the 2015 model year:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic dual-zone climate control
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Eight-inch touchscreen display
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Heated power mirrors and front seats
- Available 4G LTE connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot capability1
- Bluetooth® phone and audio connectivity
The following features are specific to the 2016 model year:
- Turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine at 259 hp
- Premium 18-inch wheels
- Sporty rear spoiler
- Dual exhaust tips
Sport Touring (2017)
This trim is the renamed version of the 2016 1SL, offering the same features that include:
- Dual exhaust tips
- 18-inch black wheels
- Sporty rear spoiler
- A turbocharged engine
Premium I (2014-2015)
These features are specific to the 2015 model year:
- Keyless ignition with remote start
- Heated steering wheel
- 110-volt power outlet
- Rear parking sensors
Premium II (2014-2017)
- Push-button ignition with remote start
- Built-in navigation system
- Nine-speaker Bose audio system
- Eight-way power passenger seat
- 19-inch wheels
- Sport-tuned suspension
- Selectable drive modes
- Sport front seats
- Upgraded Brembo brakes
1Requires data plan and compatible device.
RepairPal gave the Buick Regal an overall reliability rating of 4 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Above Average. This rating ranks the Buick Regal 13th out of 24 among midsize cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Buick Regal is $563, compared to an average of $541 for midsize cars and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Buick Regal owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.2 times per year, compared to an average of 0.4 times for midsize cars and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 12% for the Buick Regal, compared to an average of 12% for midsize cars and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for Buick Regal
Grandpa Car? Not!!!
This specific year and model car is an exceptional deal. You get more for your money with this car than you could ever expect. It is actually the Opal Cadette (A GM Europe product) with a Buick Regal body and chassis. It has a turbocharged engine that gives superb torque at medium to high RPM, affording excellent passing capability. Fuel mileage is very good for its class and power. Front seat ride is very comfortable and handling is quite good. I bought this car in January of 2015 in Phoenix, AZ, and the next day drove through a blizzard going home to Texas. ABS braking proved itself to be a life saver and worked superbly. Handling on ice and slush, especially on bridges and overpasses, was excellent. Beautifully designed exterior.
- Ride and Handling:
- Technology and Entertainment:
Previous Honda owner
It's overall a nice car. However, you make the best of what you have when you've made a commitment...that said, do your research before purchasing this vehicle. To me it's loud compared to my very old Honda. You will hear various systems working while you drive the car which personally makes me crazy! The car has had 2 dealer services since purchase not even 90 days in. Exhaust clips and serpentine belt and tensioner (belt screeches when using a/c). I do enjoy the car but as soon as I can I will be going back to Honda or Toyota. Good Luck!
- Power: 4 cylinder but a nice take off, more power than expected for such a small car
- Styling: Sporty body style
- Technology and Entertainment: Heated steering wheel I like the Bluetooth features
- Cabin Noise: Previous Honda owner 2003 with nearly 199,000 miles (no exaggeration) engine was quite couldn't hear tranny or anything
- Fuel Economy: Does not have fuel efficiency some where along the lines of a 6cyl which is not bad but the car is 4 curl defeats the entire purpose (in my opinion)
Nice, quiet, classy ride - with plenty of bells and whistles
I traded my BMW 328i - and aside from the German engineering and superior handling of the Bimmer, this Buick Regal has all the bells and whistles that were lacking in my previous car. It's as quiet as a spaceship, and the sound system is superb. The dashboard panel is very easy-to-read. Trunk space is crazy huge. I especially like the seat warmers (for keeping carry-out pizza hot!), It's got more contemporary and sleek design than previous models. One of the Cons I didn't mention was the Michelin tires are very expensive to replace (at $325 a pop). At press time, I've only driven the car for 4 months, so time will tell. But so far, I'm very pleased with my purchase.
- Cabin Noise: Quiet
- Technology and Entertainment: Great sound system
- Technology and Entertainment: Bluetooth, tire gauge warnings, etc.
- Power: 4 Cylinder isn't very peppy
- Visibility: Driver's side blind spots
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.