Used Buick Enclave for Sale
About The Buick Enclave
Featuring an impressive amount of cargo space, a generous list of standard features, and smooth, comfortable ride, the Buick Enclave is a vehicle that has earned its spot among some of the best three-row SUVs on the road today. Starting with the 2018 model, Buick unveiled the second and most recent generation of the Buick Enclave, refreshing the vehicle's interior and exterior styling and updating the Enclave with a number of exciting new technology features. If you are in the market for a three-row SUV that offers both a smooth and agile ride as well as a wide range of convenient technology features, purchasing a used Buick Enclave is an excellent option to consider.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: Is the Buick Enclave smaller starting in 2018?
A: The Buick Enclave was fully redesigned in 2018 as the Enclave entered its second generation. The 2018 Buick Enclave is slimmer and sits lower than its first generation (2008-2017) predecessors, but features a slightly longer wheelbase.
Q: Does the Buick Enclave have three rows?
A: Yes, the Buick Enclave does have three rows of seating. It is capable of seating up to seven passengers.
Q: How much does the Buick Enclave weigh?
A: According to Buick, the 2016 Buick Enclave has a base curb weight of 4,724 lbs when equipped with a FWD drivetrain. When equipped with an AWD drivetrain, the 2016 Buick Enclave has a base curb weight of 4,922 lbs according to Buick.
Buick Enclave Trim Configurations
2014-2017 Buick Enclave Trim Configurations
The 2014-2017 Buick Enclave comes available in three different trim configurations:
• Base - The base trim of the 2014-2017 Buick Enclave includes standard features such as Bluetooth® audio streaming, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with mahogany wood accents, a six-speaker audio system, tri-zone automatic climate control, and more.
• Leather - The Leather trim of the 2014-2017 Buick Enclave includes everything found on the base trim as well as leather-appointed seating, blind spot monitoring, heated front seats, driver's seat memory, and more.
• Premium - The Premium trim of the 2014-2017 Buick Enclave includes everything found on the leather trim as well as heated and cooled front seats, a Bose® premium audio system, lane departure warning, articulating headlamps, and more.
2018-2019 Buick Enclave Trim Configurations
The second generation Buick Enclave (2018-present) comes available in four different trim configurations:
• Base - The base trim of the 2018-2019 Buick Enclave includes standard features such as heated front seats, a hands-free power liftgate, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility, LED headlights, and more.
• Essence - The Essence trim of the 2018-2019 Buick Enclave includes everything found on the base trim as well as perforated leather-appointed seats, an air ionizer, rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitoring, and more.
• Premium - The Premium trim of the 2018-2019 Buick Enclave includes everything found on the Essence trim as well as heated and cooled front seats, heated second-row captain's chairs, front park assist, a heated steering wheel, a 10-speaker Bose® premium audio system, and more.
• Avenir - The Avenir trim of the 2018-2019 Buick Enclave includes everything found on the Premium trim as well as a power moonroof, a rearview camera with surround vision, a wireless charging pad, a built-in navigation system, and more.
RepairPal gave the Buick Enclave an overall reliability rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Above Average. This rating ranks the Buick Enclave 28th out of 31 among Midsize SUVs.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Buick Enclave is $593, compared to an average of $475 for Midsize SUVs and $556 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Buick Enclave owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 1.1 times per year, compared to an average of 1.1 times for Midsize SUVs and 1.4 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 15% for the Buick Enclave, compared to an average of 12% for Midsize SUVs and 12% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2006-2020 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 09/01/2021. Learn more.
Reviews for Buick Enclave
The Buick Enclave outshines the rest... by far!
The Buick Enclave is a wonderful SUV to own for yourself or for family. I have owned a few vehicles in my life and the Enclave out shines all of them by far! The smooth and quiet ride, awesome options to cooled and heated seats, bucket seats front and back, include Bose stereo, back-up camera, navigation, dvd system, articulating headlights, automatic folding side mirrors and so much more. Luxurious interior made of fine materials including leather and wood grain. 1 sunroof and 1 moonroof. All in all, a very amazing machine for the money! Only downfall is the gas mileage (I average about 17 mpg city) but the quality and luxury more than make up for it.
- Technology and Entertainment: Very modern and user friendly.
- Cabin Noise: Very quiet and smooth ride. No noise from outside. Very relaxing.
- Fuel Economy: If I'm lucky, I average about 16.9-17.2 mpg. I read mpg ratings of 16-24 so I was hoping it would have been at least 20 or so mpg. However, the luxury and lovely ride make up for it.
Best Family Car Ever!
I absolutely LOVE this car! I have a family of 7! My 5 kids brag about this car all the time and tell me regularly just how happy they are that I bought this car for the family. We've had this car for a little over 6 months now and I'm officially addicted to the Buick Enclave now! Even my husband enjoys driving it, even though he has Toyota Tundra king cab lol! This car just gives you the sense of luxury, but at the same time it's sooo perfect for a big family. It drives and handles like a glove, which was something I was worried about when looking for a SUV, but this was such an easy transition. You seriously can't go wrong with this car! YOU WILL LOVE IT!
- Safety: There are PLENTY of airbags!
- Cabin Noise: Very little cabin noise which is great for sleepy kids.
- Ride and Handling: Smooth ride, great handling!
- Interior Space: Plenty of space
- Power: It's got get up and go!
- Technology and Entertainment: Dvd player, Boss radio, AUX plugin, 3 prong outlet
Nice features, but be careful
The car rides incredibly smooth, it has leather seats and plenty of cargo room. The sound system is great even without the Bose speakers. The seating is comfortable. I don't love the pickup - it's a big, bulky SUV that takes a long time to get up to speed. The gas mileage is also terrible. We do like the car, however I feel like we bought a lemon at CarMax. In the four months that we have owned it, we have had to replace the AC, the power steering, and the the car vibrates during breaking. I would strongly recommend buying a certified pre-owned before buying from CarMax.
- Interior Space:
- Value: a lot of nice features for not too bad of a price.
- Fuel Economy:
- Dashboard: basic - looks antique compared to the rest of the car.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.