Used Buick Verano for Sale
About the Buick Verano
Featuring a handsome and luxurious interior, smooth and composed handling, and a generous list of standard features, the Buick Verano is a compact car that punches well above its weight class, competing with the likes of luxury brands such as Lexus and BMW. The 2017 Buick Verano, for example, comes equipped with a 180 hp 2.4L four-cylinder engine as well as standard features such as dual-zone automatic climate control, built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi1, and more. While the Buick Verano was discontinued following the release of the 2017 model, 2014-2017 Buick Verano models are still popular vehicles on the used car market. If you would like to purchase a used compact car that offers plenty of bang for your buck, buying a Buick Verano from CarMax is a great option to consider.
1Requires data plan and compatible device.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: Is the Buick Verano being discontinued?
A: The Buick Verano is no longer being produced for the US market. The 2017 Buick Verano marked the vehicle's final year on the market in the United States.
Q: Is the Buick Verano a compact car?
A: Yes, the Buick Verano falls under the compact car class.
Q: Is the Buick Verano a luxury car?
A: Yes, thanks to its premium technology features, upscale cabin materials, and powerful engine options, the Buick Verano is considered a luxury car.
Buick Verano Available Packages
2014-2015 Buick Verano Available Packages
In addition to a generous list of standard features, the 2014-2015 Buick Verano also offers numerous available packages. The standard features and available packages for the 2014-2015 Buick Verano includes:
- Standard Features - The 2014-2015 Buick Verano includes standard features such as a 180 hp 2.4L four-cylinder engine, a seven-inch color touchscreen display, a rearview camera, remote start, and more.
- Convenience Group - The Convenience Group package for the 2014-2015 Buick Verano adds features such as heated front seats, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, rear parking assist, fog lights, and more.
- Leather Group - The Leather Group package for the 2014-2015 Buick Verano adds features such as leather seats, a heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel, push-button start, chrome door handles, and more.
- Turbo Group - The Turbo Group package for the 2014-2015 Buick Verano adds features such as a 250 hp 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine, dual chrome-tipped exhaust, aluminum sport pedals, a rear spoiler, and more.
2016-2017 Buick Verano Available Packages
In addition to a generous list of standard features, the 2016-2017 Buick Verano also offers numerous available packages. The standard features and available packages for the 2016-2017 Buick Verano includes:
- Standard Features - The 2016-2017 Buick Verano includes standard features such as a 180 hp 2.4L four-cylinder engine, a six-speaker audio system, steering wheel-mounted cruise and audio controls, built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi1, dual-zone climate control, and more.
- Verano Group (2016 only) - The Verano Group package for the 2016 Buick Verano adds features such as a seven-inch color touchscreen display, a leather-wrapped and chrome-trimmed steering wheel, remote start, a leather-wrapped shift knob, and more.
- Convenience Group - The Convenience Group package for the 2016-2017 Buick Verano adds features such as a seven-inch color touchscreen display, heated front seats, rear park assist, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, fog lamps, and more.
- Leather Group - The Leather Group package for the 2016-2017 Buick Verano adds features such as push-button start, leather seats, a Bose® premium audio system, a heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and more.
- Turbo Group (2016 only) - The Turbo Group package for the 2016 Buick Verano adds features such as a 250 hp 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine, leather seats, push-button start, a rear spoiler, and more.
1Requires data plan and compatible device.
RepairPal gave the Buick Verano an overall reliability rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Excellent. This rating ranks the Buick Verano 9th out of 45 among Compact Cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Buick Verano is $438, compared to an average of $437 for Compact Cars and $556 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Buick Verano owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.5 times per year, compared to an average of 0.9 times for Compact Cars and 1.4 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 7% for the Buick Verano, compared to an average of 10% for Compact Cars and 12% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2006-2020 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 09/01/2021. Learn more.
Reviews for Buick Verano
Awesome entry level luxury compact!
Recently purchased the 2012 base model verano and couldn't be happier. I have the white diamond edition and just by the look you would think this car is more than what it cost! Beautiful design inside and out with a friendly fun touch screen. More than enough power to do the job for this car. Read a lot of mixed reviews on its power, finally experiencing it myself its more than capable and there is room for fun if your sporty side comes out. But I didn't purchase the vehicle to use it as a speedster so there wont be any issue from me in that department. Drives smooth and man they did not lie about it being quiet. Easily the most quiet car Ive had. Happy customer here
- Cabin Noise: super quiet!
- Dashboard: very cool dashboard and fun touch screen
- Ride and Handling: a smooth operater
- Visibility: not overyly worried about it but could be better
Give Buick a shot, it's not just for the elderly!!
I absolutely love my Verano!! It rides like a luxury car, is well equipped, and looks great. At first I didn't love it so much as it was a practical purchase versus a BMW 3-Series. I'm so happy I didnt make the "purchasing an emblem" choice and went with the old person practical Buick emblem purchase. I especially like the gas mileage which is 30 in town and 36-37 on the highway. I feel like a king in my car!!
- Ride and Handling: It's a mildly sporty ride.
- Fuel Economy: MPG's are crazy at 510 miles on a tank.
Nice looking, roomy trunk, rides well
I am very happy with this purchase. Great car for the price and roomy trunk, rides well, comfortable, I like the bling of the front grill and side vents on top, nice looking car. The only drawbacks are the back seats, but I don't have kids at home anymore so I don't usually have passengers in the back on a regular basis. I would have loved leather seats and sunroof but this base model is nice. I am getting used to the blind spot feature and back up camera still. No complaints and I got a great deal, financing, price, trade in for my used car, and it was quick and easy. CarMax has made me a believer!
- Ride and Handling: rides well
- Styling: looks great esply front grill and hood
- Value: great car for the money
- Interior Space: limited leg room for back seat passengers
- Visibility: there is blind spot but there is orange light blind spot feature
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.