Used 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata for Sale
2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club
Free Shipping from CarMax Laurel, MD
About the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata
For a truly fun, carefree drive, there's nothing like a convertible roadster, and the 2016 Mazda MX-5-Miata is an excellent choice for singles, couples and empty-nesters who are ready to go out and have some fun. Simple controls for the ragtop make it easy to raise or lower one-handed without having to leave the driver's seat, USB audio input ports allow you to charge your mobile device on the go and Bluetooth® compatibility allows you to stay connected. Available features for a fun drive include sport-tuned suspension, Bilstein® shock absorbers, a torque-sensing limited-slip differential, rear spoiler and Brembo/BSS package including front-ventilated disc brakes with red calipers and BBS forged seventeen-inch alloy wheels.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: Does the 2016 Mazda MX-5-Miata get good fuel efficiency?
A: The standard 2.0L inline-four engine pairs with a manual transmission for an EPA estimate of 27 mpg city, 34 mpg highway and 33 mpg combined, with the automatic version getting an EPA estimate of 26 mpg city, 36 mpg highway and 34 mpg combined.1
Q: How many people can the 2016 Mazda MX-5-Miata seat?
A: The 2016 Mazda MX-5-Miata, as a convertible roadster, only has seating for two, which is why it's so popular with singles and couples. To reduce vibration and improve its hold on the driver, the seatbacks and cushions on the MX-5 have been redesigned with lighter netting material. Available with black cloth with or without accent stitching or in black or tan leather, the two front sport seats have available three-setting heat, and the level of adjustment means even tall people can enjoy the Miata's fun ride.
Q: What body styles is the 2016 Mazda MX-5-Miata available in?
A: Known for being a convertible roadster, a cabriolet roadster is the only body style the 2016 Mazda MX-5-Miata is currently available in, with a retractable hardtop being added in the 2017 model year. However, unlike other convertibles that take a lot of work to raise and lower the ragtop, the Miata has a soft top that takes seconds to unlock and store, allowing for one-handed maneuvering from the driver's seat, while an assist spring reduces the weight when the skies turn cloudy and it's time to button up again, allowing the top to be raised directly from the driver's seat.
Q: What are some popular features on the 2016 Mazda MX-5-Miata?
A: For a roadster, the 2016 Mazda MX-5-Miata has several convenient features to make your driving experience as enjoyable as possible. Standard features include LED headlights, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, a mesh aero board and Bluetooth compatibility. Available features include SiriusXM® satellite radio, leather heated seats MAZDA CONNECT™ functionality which, when equipped, includes SMS texting capability, hands-free calling, streaming media and social media capabilities.2,3
Q: What are the different trim levels on the 2016 Mazda MX-5-Miata?
A: The 2016 Mazda MX-5-Miata is available in three trims, the Sport base model which includes power windows with one-touch-down feature, power door locks with keyless entry and air conditioning, the Club which adds the MAZDA CONNECT infotainment system, sport-tuned suspension and Bose® surround sound audio, and the Grand Touring which as the top-of-the-line trim includes auto on/off headlights, heated leather-trimmed seats, a range of driver-assist features, rain-sensing windshield wipers, automatic climate control and a navigation system.2
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
2Activation with subscription required.
3SMS text message function requires data plan and compatible device.
Initially unveiled in 2014, the fourth generation of the Mazda MX-5-Miata has been in production since 2015 with the 2016 model year, serving as the basis for the Fiat 124 Spider and Abarty 124 Spider. The 2018 model year saw an engine update, though that year's production models were visually identical to prior years' models. After the initial model year of the fourth generation, a retractable hardtop option was added, providing a fastback coupe appearance.
Reviews for 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Fun and Freedom
It's just fun to drive. The 2016 model looks great. I love getting into it. Whenever I have to drive another car, I miss driving my miata, because other driving experiences just don't compare to zipping around with the top down and a good sound system.
- Ride and Handling: Great maneuverability. Drives really smooth
- Fuel Economy: I drive it like a racecar and I still average 30 mpg
- Styling: Soul Red. Black leather interior. Curvy body. I love seeing it whenever I come outside, and it's a car I'm proud to drive around.
- Cabin Noise: It's definitely not pin-drop quiet inside--but that's also not why you bought this car. I'm always blasting music on the bose sound system, so I don't think cabin noise anyway
- Interior Space: It's a miata, so again, don't expect loads of space. I'm 5"8' and I'm quite comfortable, but my 6"4' friend is squished, especially if I have to put the top up
- Weather Versatility: It's more fun to drive with the top down. I live in CA, so I have it down 95% of the time. Driver side blind spot is pretty bad when top is up.
The most fun I have had in years
Driving this car is the most fun I have had in year. Especially in nice weather and take the top down.
- Ride and Handling: drives like a dream
- Technology and Entertainment: has Car Play
- Fuel Economy: great
- Cabin Noise: It is a convertible so a bit noisy
- Cargo Space: A very small car
- Interior Space: A very small car
Best stupid decision I’ve ever made!
Absolute drivers car! You feel connected to the road with great throttle and brake response. It was definitely a stupid purchase since I live on a mountain with lots of snow, but I have no regrets. This car WILL put a smile on your face, everyone you drive it.
- Ride and Handling: Handles like it’s ready for the track
- Styling: Aggressive exterior, surprisingly refined interior in the top package
- Power: Tiny little 2.0 gets the job done. Enough power to push you back in the seat, not so much that it’s scary.
- Cabin Noise: Duh, it’s a convertible
- Interior Space: Another duh, don’t expect much in the way of storage. I’m 6’1” and fit comfortably though. Unique cup holders, you can move them to free up passenger leg room
- Visibility: Tons of blind spots with the top up. Backup sensors, blind spot sensors and lane departure sensors help though
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.