Used Ram 3500 for Sale
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie
Available at your store CarMax Dulles, VA
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie
Free Shipping from CarMax Frederick, MD
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie
$199 Shipping from CarMax Potomac Mills, VA
2017 Ram 3500 Laramie
Free Shipping from CarMax Brandywine, MD
2016 Ram 3500 Tradesman
$99 Shipping from CarMax Newport News, VA
2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn
$99 Shipping from CarMax Virginia Beach, VA
2020 Ram 3500 Limited
Coming soon to CarMax Midlothian, VA
About the Ram 3500
Do you need a pick-up with the added muscle and ability to take care of business? The Ram 3500 offers the beefy construction, serious power under the hood, and the right mix of seating and payload you need to bring in the harvest, deliver a load of tools, or move your gear to the jobsite. Highly customizable during its initial build, you can find them in 4X2 or 4X4 with a regular three-seat or spacious six-seat crew cab. Add on the eight-foot single rear-wheel or dual rear-wheel box or a six-foot four-inch box that pairs well with fifth-wheel hitches. Engine selection begins with the 5.7L HEMI V8, ups the ante with the 6.4L HEMI and its 410 hp, and finishes with the 6.7L Cummins inline-six turbo diesel and its 865 pound-feet of torque on the 2018 model.
Since its introduction in 1981, the Ram truck line has consistently delivered a pickup ready to get dirty while looking after its pilot with the latest in convenience and technology. Formerly known as the Dodge Ram, Ram trucks have been a standalone brand since 2009. For added tool storage, look for a Ram 3500 with the RamBox cargo management system that includes a locking toolbox in the bed rails and the ability to create two-tier capacity in the bed.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Ram 3500 Trim Configurations
• Tradesman (2010 to present): The workhorse edition comes with vinyl bench seats, black bumpers, steel wheels, and the bare minimum of creature comforts inside. Quad-halogen headlights, a Class V hitch receiver, and standard tailgate round out it abilities.
• SLT (2011 to 2018): Cloth seats, air conditioning, chrome bumpers, an upgraded audio system with touchscreen and smartphone connectivity, and a power locking tailgate deliver convenience and style. An electronic brake controller and 31-gallon fuel tank extends your confidence.
• Big Horn (2010 to present): Carpeted floor mats, automatic headlights, a 115-volt outlet, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, bed rail caps, and aluminum wheels give the working truck added versatility and comfort. USB ports keep your devices powered up.
• Laramie (2011 to present): Heated and ventilated front seats and a heated steering wheel, a premium surround sound system, rear park assist, upgraded head and tail lights, and power-folding trailer side mirrors introduce you to luxury.
• Laramie Longhorn (2010 to present): Leather front bucket seats, a heated second-row, automatic climate controls, navigation, a spray-in bedliner, and unique brand badging create the ultimate long-haul ride. The large center floor console offers space to stow files, a laptop, and your morning coffee.
Q: How much can a Ram 3500 pull?
A: A 2018 Ram 3500 with a regular cab, eight-foot box, 4X2, dual rear wheels, a 4.10 axle-ratio and the 6.7L Cummins diesel has 350 to 410 hp and can tow up to an estimated 31,210 pounds with a fifth-wheel hitch and properly equipped. 1 The number can decrease down to 10,880 pounds with a Mega cab when properly equipped with a Mega cab, short box, 4X4, single rear wheel, and the 5.7L HEMI V8 engine.1
Q: How much can a Ram 3500 haul?
A: A 2015 Ram 3500 has 350 to 410 hp and its maximum payload can be as high as 7,390 pounds when properly equipped with dual rear wheels, a long box, regular cab and 6.4L V8 engine. The lowest maximum payload clocks in at 3,950 when properly equipped with a GVWR of 10,100 pounds or less.1
Q: What is the GVWR of a Ram 3500?
A: This number depends on the cab, bed, axle, and powertrain combination. A Ram 3500 (2011-2018) can have a gross vehicle weight between 10,100 and 14,000 pounds.
Q: Is the Ram 3500 a one ton?
A: It does fall into the traditional category of a one-ton pickup, but its payload capacity far exceeds the original benchmark of being able to carry 2,000 pounds of cargo in the bed.
1Various factors may impact towing and payload capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
RepairPal gave the Ram 3500 an overall reliability rating of 2 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Below Average. This rating ranks the Ram 3500 14th out of 17 among fullsize trucks.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Ram 3500 is $1279, compared to an average of $933 for fullsize trucks and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Ram 3500 owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.3 times per year, compared to an average of 0.3 times for fullsize trucks and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 21% for the Ram 3500, compared to an average of 19% for fullsize trucks and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.