2011 Toyota CorollaKara Barber - Green bay, WI05/15/2015
It's small enough so you aren't lugging around a hunk of metal but the space inside the vehicle itself is outstanding. It's great on gas, which come on, in this economy is great. I travel a lot too so I am definitely glad I got this vehicle. It's saving me a lot money. Plus I live in a place where it's common to see negative numbers every day in the winter and it does not take long for it to warm up or even cool down in the summer when I am in the south
Great drive at an economical cost.
2015 Toyota CorollaDavid Kuske - Leesburg, FL12/02/2015
Excellent mileage = 37 in city, 40 on interstate
Good seats = no backache, even on long trips of 200 miles.
Tasteful interior design and easy to clean seats and instrument panel.
Plenty of pickup for my purposes.
Only negative point - not easy to enter driver's seat for a large person
Decent for a cheap car I guess
2016 Toyota CorollaMaggie H - Chicago, IL04/11/2017
I have this car for a long term rental due to my car being stolen and things being tied up with insurance related to that. I cannot wait to give it back and get something else.
- Pretty cool perks for being such a cheap car, it has bluetooth, a screen for media, a back up camera/sensors, etc.
- Reliable. Has yet to leave me stranded somewhere.
- I average about 26mpg. My Honda CR-V was a bigger car and had 4WD, and it got about the same gas mileage.
- Road noise. You can expect to have to shout to your passengers.
- Instability/non-responsive drive. If you live some place windy this gets annoying and feels unsafe.
- Uncomfortable front seats, very small and uncomfortable backseat. My kids and coworkers both hate it.
Known for their space-saving design and easy maneuverability, small and compact cars are a great choice for your next used vehicle. Shop our best-sellers, based on CarMax sales data from January 1, 2018, through April 30, 2018.
Despite their smaller size, these compact cars pack lots of power and plenty of enjoyable features for drivers and passengers alike. Check out this list of our best ranked small and compact cars, based on CarMax sales data from January 1, 2018 through April 30, 2018.