Chrysler Pacifica highlights
(not yet rated)
RepairPal reliability rating**
- Standard safety equipment is more comprehensive for 2021
- Easy to convert from passenger carrier to cargo shifter via Stow 'n Go® seats
- Rivals can deliver better EPA-estimated fuel economy
- Second- and third-row seats not as comfortable as in some rivals
Mileage (EPA estimate)
19 city, 28 highway, 22 combined
Pricing for current inventory
(no current inventory)
2021 Chrysler Pacifica gets fresher look, adds standard safety aids
2021 sees Chrysler make some welcome changes to its impressive Pacifica minivan. Key to these is the decision to make previously optional driver convenience and safety aids standard on all models in the lineup. There's also now a faster, easier-to-use infotainment system that adopts Amazon's Alexa in a redesigned screen. As before, there's standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. For 2021, the Pacifica gets a new look throughout, freshening it up to take on its traditional minivan and SUV rivals. With all-wheel drive, an option offered last year, the Pacifica might not be able to compete with SUVs off-road, but the added traction and assurance will appeal to drivers using it in all seasons.
Powered by a 3.6-liter V6, the Pacifica performs well, even when carrying a full load, and it comes standard in front-wheel drive with an automatic transmission. A plug-in hybrid option offers the possibility of short-trip, electric-only driving. Trim levels are Touring, Touring L, Limited, and Pinnacle. The Touring L is the sweet spot in the equipment-to-price mix, while the Pinnacle is very luxurious. An impressive vehicle for those needing its capabilities, the Pacifica increases its appeal with Chrysler's revisions for the 2021 model year.
The 2021 Chrysler Pacifica is not yet rated. Help future customers learn about a car you've owned and write a review.
RepairPal reliability rating**
RepairPal gave the Chrysler Pacifica an overall reliability rating of 4.5 out of
5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Excellent. This rating ranks Chrysler Pacifica 1st out of 17 among Minivans.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Chrysler Pacifica is $402, compared to an average of $497 for Minivans and $556 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Chrysler Pacifica owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an
average of 0.3 times per year, compared to an average of 1.4 times for Minivans and 1.4 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 5% for the Chrysler Pacifica, compared to an average of 12% for Minivans and 12% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
**RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2006-2020 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features. RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 09/01/2021. Learn more about RepairPal reliability ratings