A bold redesign lets this luxury compact SUV shine.
The 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque is a technology powerhouse, offering up a redesigned generation of this sleek, high-performance, compact SUV. Thanks to some new tech and a heritage as an off-road performer, the 2020 model is an appealing choice.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoques on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque with similar features.
Below are average prices for prior model years of the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque at CarMax.
- 2018 – Average prices less than $32,0001
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque review:
Key Specs and Features
- The 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque has a 2.0L turbocharged engine with automatic transmission and gets an EPA-estimated 23 mpg combined.2
- The 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque MHEV has a 2.0L turbocharged engine with automatic transmission and 48-volt electric motor, producing an EPA-estimated 23 mpg combined.2
- 50.5 cubic feet behind the first row
- 21.5 cubic feet behind the second row
- 40/20/40 split rear seating
- The towing capacity of the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque is an estimated 3,968 lbs. with the 2.0L engine, when properly equipped.3
- Five passengers
- The standard model offers a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine, producing 246 horsepower and 269 lb.-ft. of torque.
- The hybrid R-Dynamic model features a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine alongside a 48-volt powertrain, producing 296 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Artificial-intelligence-led driver settings
- Terrain Response® 2 technology
- Dual 10-inch HD infotainment touchscreens (Unlocked at SE trim)
- Three 12-volt power sockets and up to four USB ports
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Advanced Tech Features
You'll love the tech options in the elevated driver seat of the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque. At the flick of a button, the ClearSight Rear View mirror switches from a simple reflection to a high-definition rear camera view with a 50-degree field of vision and visibility, even in low light. The ClearSight Ground View camera projects a 180-degree front-end ground-level view onto one of the Evoque's Touch Pro Duo screens, helpful for negotiating city curbs as well as off-road conditions.
2. Sleek Design Touches
A style icon since its debut in 2010, the Evoque commands attention. The 2020 redesign features two new exterior paint options (Seoul Pearl Silver and Nolita Grey), slimmed-down headlights and taillights, and flush door handles. These touches blend seamlessly with the Evoque silhouette: a high and broad rear, expansive roof (or available panoramic sunroof), and coupe-like slick side panels.
3. Detailed Passenger Comforts
From your first journey getting to know the vehicle, the Evoque's Smart Setting AI feature gets to know you, too. For a shared car this can be invaluable, with driver recognition from the key fob and a Bluetooth® linked phone. Over time, the AI algorithms are designed to learn your preferences, making for a personalized, comfortable drive. Smart Setting can pre-select your favored seat positions, frequently dialed numbers, audio preferences, climate settings, and steering column positions.
4. Lifestyle-matching innovations
To suit your green-conscious lifestyle, 2020 introduces a new MHEV model to the Evoque family. The R-Dynamic offers a 48-volt electric hybrid powertrain over three trims and is paired with the same base 2.0L four cylinder turbo gasoline engine as standard models. Inside the cabin, across all Evoque trims are two optional leather alternatives: a wool blend called Suedecloth developed in Denmark by Kvadrat, and a Eucalyptus Melange textile.
5. Composed and Agile
While it has city style in abundance, the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque is well equipped off-road, too. The Evoque is an all-wheel drive SUV that offers an intuitive ride wherever the road takes you. 2020 debuts the addition of the Terrain Response® 2 system, designed to optimize terrain capability. You can choose from five drive modes (ECO, general, grass/gravel/snow, mud/ruts, or sand), or engage Auto mode so that the Evoque will continually assess the terrain, selecting the most suitable mode for conditions as they unfold.
What You Need to Know
- S: Includes privacy glass, front and rear parking sensors, dual-zone climate control, 10-way electric front seats, voice control, navigation system, and more.
- SE: Adds automatic high-beam assist, power-lift tailgate, 14-way electric front seats, parking assist, two 10-inch touchscreens, and more.
- R-Dynamic S: Hybrid powertrain model that mirrors the specs of the S trim, adding a 10-inch touchscreen, amplified engine output, and sporty exterior styling.
- R-Dynamic SE: Alongside the R-Dynamic's hybrid engine system and sport finish, it has matching specs to the SE trim.
- 2020 First Edition: Unlocks panoramic glass roof, keyless entry, heated front seats, 10-speaker Meridian™ sound system, camera-equipped rearview mirror, and more.
- R-Dynamic HSE: Adds power-gesture tailgate, Meridian sound system, 16-way electric front seats, drive package, park features package, and more.
- Carpathian Grey Premium Metallic
- Eiger Grey
- Firenze Red Metallic
- Fuji White
- Indus Silver Metallic
- Kaikoura Stone Metallic
- Narvik Black
- Nolita Grey Metallic (First Edition trim only)
- Santorini Black Metallic
- Seoul Pearl Silver Metallic
- Silicon Silver Premium Metallic
- Yulong White Metallic
- Contemporary leather, textile, and color options
- Climate control, air quality sensors, and cabin air ionization
- Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ connectivity
- Center console with twin sliding armrests
- 40/20/40 split rear seating
Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque.
- 2018 – Average prices less than $32,0001
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
- 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- 2017 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- 2018 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
If you're interested in the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The Land Rover Range Rover Sport is a luxury midsize SUV with four-wheel drive across all models. Standard interior features on 2017-2019 models include Touch Pro Duo touchscreens, leather upholstery, and a responsive navigation system. Its sporty looks and curb appeal are enhanced by more than 50 exterior paint options. The 2018 model also features:
- Seating for five, with an available seven-seater third-row (excluding SVR trim)
- Available 3.0L V6 turbodiesel engine
- Eight-speed automatic transmission
- 24.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row and 56.8 cubic feet behind the first row
Land Rover Freelander
Land Rover's refreshed and rebranded Freelander, the LandRover LR2 (2008-2015) is an off-road giant with attitude. It's got power and presence, thanks to its standard AWD, 8.3 inches of ground clearance, and front and rear stabilizer bars. Offered in three trim levels (Base, HSE, HSE Lux), standard features in its final model year (2015) include:
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Panoramic sunroof and rear privacy glass
- Seven-inch touchscreen display, Bluetooth connectivity, USB port, and auxiliary jack
- 11-speaker Meridian sound system with CD player
Redesigned in 2017, the Land Rover Discovery rides like a luxury off-roader, always ready for your next sporting adventure. Its premium, elevated interior makes for a pleasing five- (or seven-) seater vehicle. Climate control, rear seat reclining and entertainment options, deep-fill leather seats, and a straightforward media system make the Discovery a pleasure to pass the miles in. The 2018 model features:
- Fold-down tailgate and a maximum cargo capacity of 88.3 cubic feet
- Eight-speed shiftable automatic transmission with gas or diesel options
- Descent control and traction control
- Full-length roof rails and trailer hitch
The Bottom Line
If you're looking for a luxury compact SUV, the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque captures attention with bold standards of interior refinement and technical capabilities. No matter where you're headed, this stunning SUV turns heads and is a thrill to drive.
Looking to learn more about SUVs? Check out these related articles:
1Based on CarMax average prices from December 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
3Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.