A luxurious SUV with advanced features and high-end style.
As part of Mercedes-Benz's GLC-Class of luxury SUVs, the 2020 GLC300 is a stand-out choice if you're shopping for a premium five-passenger vehicle. With this model, you'll enjoy eye-catching design, a plush cabin, and powerful engine performance, along with many driver-assist features to elevate your commute. If you want performance-tuning, the GLC-Class boasts two AMG models that will add some high-revving excitement to your drive.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300s on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Mercedes-Benz GLC300 with similar features.
Below are average prices for prior model years of the Mercedes-Benz GLC300.
- 2018: Average prices less than $35,5001
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 review:
Key Specs and Features
- The GLC300 with RWD, 2.0L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 24 mpg combined.2
- The GLC300 with AWD, 2.0L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 24 mpg combined.2
- The AMG GLC43 with AWD, 3.0L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 21 mpg combined.2
- The AMG GLC63 with AWD, 4.0L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 18 mpg combined.2
- The GLC300 and AMG GLC43 offer a maximum cargo capacity of 56.5 cubic feet of volume.
- The GLC350e offers a maximum cargo capacity of 51 cubic feet of volume.
- The AMG GLC63 offers a maximum cargo capacity of 40.6 cubic feet of volume.
- Towing capacity for all models of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 is an estimated 3,500 lbs. when properly equipped.3
- All 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class models offer seating for five passengers.
- Turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine (255 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque) with a nine-speed automatic transmission and RWD or AWD
- Turbocharged 3.0L V6 (385 hp and 384 lb-ft of torque) with a nine-speed automatic transmission and AWD
- Turbocharged 4.0L V8 (469 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque) with a nine-speed automatic transmission and AWD
- Turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine and 90-kW plug-in hybrid electric motor (total system output of 315 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque) with a nine-speed automatic transmission and AWD (available mid-2020)
- All 2020 GLC-Class models (except the GLC350e) come standard with a 10.25-inch touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ capabilities.
- For 2020, all GLC-Class models (except the GLC350e) include a Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) infotainment system with touch-sensitive controls and Bluetooth® connectivity.
- The 2020 AMG GLC63 comes standard with a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster that offers customizable instrumentation and a large multi-functional menu screen.
- A 13-speaker Burmester® surround sound system comes standard on the 2020 AMG GLC63.
- Driver-assist features come standard on all 2020 GLC-Class models.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Range of Powertrain Options
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class offers four powertrain options that let you express your driving passion on the open road. A 255-hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine with a nine-speed automatic transmission is the 2020 Mercedes GLC300's base powertrain. Rear-wheel drive comes standard or there is a GLC300 4MATIC® version, which includes all-wheel drive for optimized wheel torque and traction. If you are a performance enthusiast looking to get a Mercedes AMG SUV, you'll want to consider the 2020 AMG GLC43's turbo 3.0L V6 with 385 hp or the AMG GLC63's turbo 4.0L V8 with a sizzling 469 hp. Available mid-2020, a GLC350e plug-in hybrid will also be offered and include a turbo 2.0L four-cylinder gasoline engine and a 90-kW plug-in hybrid electric motor that has a total system output of 315 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque.
2. Exceptional Performance
Whether you are craving a luxury SUV with Autobahn-worthy performance or a family-hauler with good fuel economy, the Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV has plenty to offer. When equipped with the turbo 2.0L engine and nine-speed automatic transmission, the 2020 GLC300 4MATIC returns an EPA-estimated 21 mpg city and 28 mpg highway—and that's with all-wheel drive!2 If you're looking for potent acceleration, the 2020 AMG GLC63's turbo 4.0L V8 will knock your socks off as it goes from zero to 60 mph in just 3.8 seconds. This model also boasts an advanced adaptive air sport suspension for precise handling stability, as well as a limited-slip differential.
3. Upscale Interior
Luxury SUVs are admired for their premium in-cabin experience and this GLC Mercedes is no exception. All 2020 GLC-Class SUVs showcase an array of luxurious materials, which provide a comfortable passenger experience across its two rows. Standard equipment on all 2020 models includes dual-zone climate control and heated front seats with power adjustments and driver memory settings. The interior can also be upgraded to include leather upholstery, ventilated front seats, multi-media features, and more, by adding a GLC-Class package option.
4. Driver-Assist Features
A highlight of this Mercedes is the SUV's driver-assist technologies, which can help you find extra enjoyment in your commute. Active Brake Assist, which is a radar-based technology, comes standard on all 2020 GLC-Class models and can help maintain an appropriate following distance from the vehicle in front of you. Parking the GLC Mercedes is also made easier with the inclusion of a rearview monitor (standard on all 2020 models), which displays a live 180-degree view of the vehicle on the touchscreen display.
5. Innovative Connectivity
The 2020 GLC-Class features an advanced infotainment system called the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX), which comes standard on all models except the GLC350e. It includes an expansive 10.25-inch display with touch-sensitive controls and an available voice control system that responds to everyday phrases and commands. For example, if you want to adjust the cabin temperature, just say, "Hey, Mercedes, I'm cold," and the SUV will automatically adjust the climate control system. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities are also included as standard equipment on all 2020 GLC-Class models.
What You Need to Know
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300: Available Trims
- GLC300: Includes 18-inch split five-spoke wheels, a power liftgate, LED headlights, heated front seats with power adjustments and driver memory, 10.25-inch touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities, and more.
- GLC300 4MATIC: Includes the same standard equipment as the GLC300, but with the inclusion of Mercedes 4MATIC all-wheel drive.
- GLC350e: Includes similar standard equipment as the GLC300 4MATIC, but adds a 90-kW plug-in hybrid electric motor.
- AMG GLC43: Adds 20-inch AMG Y five-spoke wheels, AMG Sport Suspension with Air Body Control, AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive, AMG Speedshift nine-speed transmission, AMG Sport Braking System, AMG Sport Exhaust System, and more.
- AMG GLC63: Adds an AMG High-performance Braking System, AMG electronic limited-slip differential, AMG Performance 4MATIC+ all-wheel drive, 13-speaker Burmester surround sound system, and more.
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300: Available Colors
- Brilliant Blue Metallic
- Designo Cardinal Red Metallic
- Designo Diamond White Metallic
- Designo Selenite Gray Metallic (not available on 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC350e)
- Graphite Gray Metallic (not available on 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC350e)
- Iridium Silver Metallic
- Lunar Blue Metallic
- Mojave Silver Metallic
- Obsidian Black Metallic
- Polar White
- Selenite Gray Metallic
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300: Interior
- The 2020 GLC300 and AMG GL43 models offer the most cargo space with 19.4 cubic feet of volume behind the second row or 56.5 cubic feet of volume by folding the rear seats.
- All 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class models offer comfortable seating for five passengers.
- The front heated seats on all 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class models come standard with power adjustments and driver memory settings.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control is included in all 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class models.
- All 2020 GLC-Class models (except the GLC350e) come standard with a 10.25-inch touchscreen display as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability.
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300: Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Mercedes-Benz GLC300.
- 2018: Average prices less than $35,5001
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC300
- 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC300
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC300
- 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC300
If you're interested in the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
If you're shopping for a small luxury SUV that blurs the lines between family vehicle and performance machine, the BMW X3 is a versatile option. 2018–2019 sDrive30i and xDrive30i models run off a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine that makes a generous 248 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. If you want extra muscle, the M40i will get your adrenaline pumping with its 355-hp turbocharged 3.0L V6 and 369 lb-ft of torque (2018–2019 models). This on-road performance is matched with a comfortable interior that's as luxurious as it is practical and more than ready to drive around your family and their belongings. The X3 model offers 28.7 cubic feet of cargo room behind the second row or a maximum of 62.7 cubic feet of storage by folding the second row down (2018–2019). Standard features on the 2018–2019 all-wheel drive xDrive30i include the following:
- 18-inch Y-spoke wheels
- Leatherette upholstery
- Sport front seats
- Power tailgate
Need a family-focused SUV with room for seven passengers and a third row with ample space to stretch out in? The Acura MDX has the interior capacity you want. 2017–2019 models boast three rows of seating with 30.9 inches of third-row legroom, allowing taller teens to ride more comfortably. Around back, the trunk provides 15 cubic feet of volume with all rows in place, but if you need to carry more luggage, folding the third-row down opens up 38.4 cubic feet of haulage. Offered in three trims, the grade-topping Advance brings with it the following standard features on 2017–2019 models:
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Sport seats with premium leather and trim
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Surround-view camera system
If you're looking for a three-row SUV that can accommodate many passengers while pulling your boat to the lake, you should check out the Audi Q7. The 2019 model offers two engine choices: a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder with 248 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque (Q7 2.0T) and a supercharged 3.0L V6 with 329 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque (Q7 3.0T). The 2019 Q7 with the 3.0L V6 and all-wheel drive can tow an estimated 7,700 lbs. when properly equipped.3 Inside the cabin, there is room for seven passengers and a maximum cargo capacity of 69.6 cubic feet of volume. Standard features on the base Premium trim for 2019 models include the following:
- LED taillights and rear fog lights
- Three-spoke multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles
- Leather upholstery
- Rearview monitor
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class offers a luxurious cabin and incredible performance with plenty of premium features and powertrain options. Whether you are looking for a family-friendly carrier or want a luxury SUV with driver-assists to improve your commute, the GLC300 is one to add to your shopping list.
Want to learn more about the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class and similar vehicles? Check out these related articles:
1Based on prices on carmax.com in December 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
3Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
4RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarksTM or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.