True American muscle with power to match!
If machines could dream, cars all over the world are dreaming of becoming a Ford Mustang when they grow up. This fan favorite will not disappoint, and the 2019 model has a few special surprises. The 2019 Ford Mustang is a great choice for drivers who want a classic, nimble, and fast ride in a sleek package.
Take a look at our 2019 Ford Mustang review to learn more:
- Key Specs & Features
- 5 Reasons to Buy
- What You Need to Know
- Similar Vehicles
- The Bottom Line
Key Specs and Features
- A six-speed manual transmission is standard and 10-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission is optional on all trim levels.
- The 2019 Mustang is equipped with a six-speaker sound system and can be upgraded to the 12-speaker premium sound system on Premium and Bullitt trims.
- A generous selection of driver-assist technologies are standard across all trims of the 2019 model, including automatic on/off headlamps with wiper activation, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, illuminated visor mirrors, power windows with global open and front one-touch-up/-down feature, and a tilt/telescoping steering column.
- All 2019 Mustangs are outfitted with MyKey® technology to help encourage responsible driving for teen drivers.
Reasons To Buy
1. Brand-new Bang & Olufsen sound system
The sound system includes a CD player and 12 speakers plus subwoofer. If you choose a Mustang Premium model or Bullitt, this stellar audio is an optional add-on. Bang & Olufsen, based in Denmark, has been around for almost 100 years and is well-known for providing wonderful surround-sound experiences.
2. Selectable Drive Modes
Choose between Normal, Sport+, Track, Drag Strip and Snow/ Wet. For nearly every road condition, your 2019 Mustang is designed to adapt with the Performance Package on EcoBoost® and GT models. For even better ride, you can opt for the MagneRide® Damping System that is also designed to improve vehicle responsiveness.
3. Launch control
Ford's Launch Control feature (standard on all trims of the 2019 Mustang) is designed to maximize traction to give you even and consistent starts. You're probably not in the market for a Mustang if you like slow and steady; you want a Mustang because it's powerful and real, right? With a toggle through your five-way switch, choose Launch Control, set your preferred RPMs, press the clutch or the brake, and stomp on the gas pedal. 3…2…1… BLAST OFF!
4. Customizable digital cluster.
If you purchase a 2019 Mustang in the EcoBoost Premium or GT Premium trims, you may opt for the 12-inch all-digital LCD cluster, which lets you personalize your gauge layout with three different views (Normal, Sport and Track). Do you have a favorite color? Match the gauge to your preference.
5. It's a Mustang!
Driving a Mustang is pure joy. If a powerful engine is one of your favorite things, and the roar of an engine makes your heart sing then this is a great car for you. If you really want to go for it, the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350R provides 526 hp and 429 lb. ft of torque from a 5.2L V8 engine. We're talking about a spirited steed, and it's fun to ride.
What You Need To Know
The 2019 Ford Mustang is available in five trim levels and both coupe and convertible body styles: EcoBoost, EcoBoost Premium, GT, GT Premium and the Bullitt. Under these categories, a buffet of options awaits. Convertible and fastback models are available across all trims except GT, Bullitt, and GT350/R.
Mix and match your power train and style for a host of diverse combinations in the 2019 Mustang:
- EcoBoost - comes with a 310-hp turbocharged 2.3L four-cylinder engine, rearview camera, four-way manual driver seat, two smart-charging USB ports, and push-button start.
- EcoBoost Premium - switches out the cloth seats for heated and ventilated leather-trimmed bucket seats for the driver and front passenger; adds dual-zone electronic temperature control for driver and passenger; includes SiriusXM Radio and Sync3; and adds selectable drive modes with toggle switches.
- GT - includes a 460-hp 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 engine, larger front and rear brake rotors, and electronic line-lock, which allows the driver to lock the front brakes and peel out. Also includes power seating, cloth seats, Sync infotainment, and dual exhaust with quad tips.
- GT Premium - adds selectable drive modes, nine-speaker audio system upgrade, heated and ventilated leather-trimmed bucket seats, and intelligent access.
- Bullitt - includes a Coyote 5.0L V8 engine, upgraded 19-inch heritage wheels, Bullitt-branded interior accents, heated steering wheel, and a 12-inch LCD digital instrument cluster.
- 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350® include a 5.2L V8 with 526 horsepower and 429 pound-feet of torque with upgraded suspension, RECARO cloth seats /Miko suede sport inserts, aluminum trim, and a shift indicator light displayed on the windshield.
- 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350R offers 19-inch carbon fiber wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, carbon fiber rear wing, and sleek front splitter.
A six-speed manual is standard on all Mustangs, and a 10-speed automatic is optional. Standard equipment also includes a backup camera, remote keyless entry, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, cruise control, and more.
Optional features include Android Auto ™ and Apple CarPlay ™ smartphone connectivity.
2019 Mustang Colors
- Dark Highland Green
- Ingot Silver
- Kona Blue
- Magnetic Metallic
- Need For Green
- Orange Fury
- Oxford White
- Race Red
- Ruby Red Tint
- Shadow Black
- Velocity Blue
Interior color options
EcoBoost and GT models
- Dark ceramic cloth
- Ebony cloth
EcoBoost Premium and GT Premium models
- Ceramic leather
- Ebony leather
- Tan leather
EcoBoost Premium Plus Package and GT Premium Plus Package
- Ebony leather
- Midnight blue leather
- Showstopper red leather
Carbon Sport Interior Package
- Ebony leather/Alcantara® Inserts
California Special Package
- Ebony leather/Miko® Inserts
2019 Ford Mustang vs 2019 Chevrolet Camaro: Mustang engine options include 2.3L EcoBoost turbocharged inline-four (base trim); 5.0L V8 (GT and Bullitt trims); and a 5.2L V8 (Shelby trim). The Camaro, on the other hand, offers a 2.0L turbocharged inline four; 3.6L V6; 6.2L LT1 V8; and a 6.2L supercharged LT4 V8.
In short, you can get a Mustang in a turbocharged four or a V8, and the Camaro offers a non-turbocharged four and includes a V6 and V8 option.
The Camaro is available with the Chevrolet Infotainment System, and the Mustang is available with the SYNC 3 infotainment system; both are compatible with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay ™.
2019 Ford Mustang vs 2019 Dodge Challenger: Both the Challenger and the Mustang evoke past eras, with body styles that have stayed mostly consistent over the last several years. While the Mustang is available with a turbocharged inline-four engine or a V8, the Challenger starts at a 305-hp V6 and ratchets up from there with its V8 options. If you know you want a V8 in your Challenger, then you must choose between the 5.7L 375-hp engine or the 6.4L 485-hp engine.
For extra power, the Challenger is available in the Hellcat variety sporting a 6.2L supercharged V8 cranking out 717 hp (vroom!). Challenger SRT 392 models reach 0-to-60 in 4.2 seconds, just a bit behind the V8 Mustang GT, which gets to 60 in 4.0 seconds in the 2019 models.
The Bottom Line
If you want an iconic vehicle that keeps getting better with time, the 2019 Ford Mustang is the car for you. If you have a need for speed, an affinity for muscle cars, and want a powerful two-door sports car, saddle up on a Mustang.
Looking to learn more about the 2019 Ford Mustang? Check out these related resources:
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.