A compact car platform wrapped in SUV clothing.
If you want an SUV but not a large bulky vehicle, consider the Honda CR-V – an SUV-styled vehicle on a compact car platform. With plenty of space and features, the CR-V gives you the room you need for comfortable and affordable road trips. Learn more about the Honda CR-V:
10 Reasons to Buy the Honda CR-V
- Four Trim Levels. The 2017 Honda CR-V comes in four different trims with something for everyone. These include the LX, EX, EX-L, and the Touring. The base LX trim features a rearview camera. The Touring model, which is the highest trim, features navigation, all-wheel drive, leather-trimmed interior, rain-sensing wipers, and a 1.5-liter turbocharged engine.
- Fuel Economy
The 2017 Honda CR-V gives you a choice of a naturally aspirated 2.4-liter engine or a 1.5-liter turbocharged engine. The base 2017 Honda CR-V AWD, LX trim gets an estimated 31 mpg on the highway.1
- Exterior Style to Match Interior Comfort
The small and stylish exterior of the 2017 Honda CR-V instantly draws you to it. The exterior has been a favorite of consumers since its first release several years ago. The interior is open, looks clean, is comfortable, and features soft-touch surfaces and plenty of tech features. You'll find that cloth seats are standard in the LX and EX trims for the 2017 model year. The EX-L and the Touring trims come with leather seats.
- Load It Up: Cargo Space
Although the 2017 Honda CR-V is built on a small frame, that doesn't mean it's short on space. In all trims, with the rear seats in place, you have nearly 40 cubic feet of cargo space. When you fold the rear seats out of the way, you have over 75 cubic feet of cargo space.
- Technical Features
Depending on the trim level you opt for, you'll have plenty of tech features. Enjoy goodies like smart entry, rain-sensing wipers, a multi-angle rear camera, and blind spot detection in the 2017 Honda CR-V Touring trim. The Honda Sensing package is standard on the EX, EX-L and Touring trims. This package includes cruise control, lane change assist, and lane departure warning. You can connect via Android Auto® or Apple CarPlay®. There is also an option to view apps on the touchscreen display.
- Go Anywhere with All-Wheel Drive. SUVs are great because they are designed to drive in nearly all types of weather. You can drive the Honda CR-V as a front-wheel drive vehicle and when the electronic stability control senses slippery or uneven surfaces, the all-wheel drive kicks in (all 2017 trims).
- Affordable. At CarMax, the average price in December 2017 for a 2014-2016 Honda CR-V was less than $22,000. The average price in December 2017 for a 2017 Honda CR-V was less than $31,000.2
- Legroom and More Legroom
The 2017 Honda CR-V has plenty of legroom in the front and rear seats across all four trims. It will comfortably seat four large adults. Even on long road trips, adults and older teens will be comfortable in the rear seat.
- Acceleration. In some cases, even the smaller displacement engines with turbochargers in other makes have trouble getting you good acceleration in the larger SUVs. Honda paired its 1.5-liter engine with the EX, EX-L, and Touring CR-V trim for good acceleration. You'll be able to get to speed on that on-ramp to easily merge with fast-moving traffic. Even when you want to pass slower people, you won't have a problem getting past them, even when the accelerator isn't pushed through the floorboards.
- Braking. The 2017 Honda CR-V's braking system is designed to provide progressive and linear response for hard and light stops and is standard on all trims for this model year.
Available Trim Levels
The 2017 Honda CR-V features four trims.
- LX. Even the base model LX isn't a bare bones model. Honda added a standard, five-inch display screen and a sunroof. The LX also features 17-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, LED running lights, USB connectivity, and an electronic parking brake. The standard 2.4-liter, four-cylinder engine makes 184 horsepower and 180 pound-feet of torque.
- EX. The EX features a standard, 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that makes 190 horsepower and 179 pound-feet of torque. You'll also get 18-inch wheels, remote ignition, a retractable cargo cover, fog lights, heated front seats and door mirrors, a seven-inch touchscreen, dual-zone automatic climate control, and an upgraded rearview camera with dynamic guidelines as standard equipment. The EX also comes with blind spot monitoring, automatic high beams, rear cross traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, lane departure intervention, and forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking.
- EX-L. In addition to everything on the EX, the EX-L offers you a power liftgate with programmable height, a power passenger seat, driver seat memory, leather upholstery, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel, and an eight-speaker audio system.
- Touring. The Touring model gives you everything on the EX-L plus roof rails, automatic windshield wipers, LED headlights, ambient interior lighting, dual chrome exhaust tips, hands-free power liftgate, a subwoofer for the audio system, and navigation.
2017 Honda CR-V Features
All trims feature a touchscreen. While the base level's touchscreen is smaller than that on the other trims, it's still large – at five inches – for a base model.
The EX, EX-L and Touring trims include an eight-way powered driver's seat and four-way lumbar, fluid-filled suspension bushings for smoother drivability, and heated front seats. Rear-passenger vents on the backs of the front armrests are a nifty feature specific to the EX-L and Touring trims.
What's New For 2018?
Because the Honda CR-V received a comprehensive redesign for 2017, it did not receive many new features or upgrades for the 2018 model year. While CarMax doesn't have any 2018 models on the lot just yet, we expect to have some 2018 CR-Vs within the next year or two.
Honda CR-V NHTSA Safety Rating
Both 2016 and 2017 Honda CR-V models received a five-star rating for frontal crash and side crash. Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
Used 2014-2017 Honda CR-V pricing at CarMax
At CarMax, the average price in December 2017 for a 2014-2016 Honda CR-V was less than $22,000. The average price in December 2017 for a 2017 Honda CR-V was less than $31,000.2
Fuel Economy: What can you expect?
The 2017 Honda CR-V gives you a choice of a naturally aspirated 2.4-liter engine or a 1.5-liter turbocharged engine. The 2017 Honda CR-V LX with a 2.4 liter engine gets an estimated 31 mpg on the highway.1
The CR-V is a great choice for those looking for plenty of cargo space and an array of trim options. Key benefits include powerful acceleration and plenty of features on the base model.
Looking for more?
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2Based on prices on carmax.com in December 2017. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, title, and any applicable fees.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.