Used Dodge Avenger for Sale
2012 Dodge Avenger R/T
$199 Shipping from CarMax Midlothian, VA
About the Dodge Avenger
Although the Dodge Avenger was discontinued following the release of the 2014 model, the Dodge Avenger remains a sought-after vehicle in the used car market. This well-rounded midsize sedan offers smooth and responsive handling, a potent V6 engine option, and a spacious, comfortable cabin. All these factors have combined to earn the Avenger quite a following and a degree of popularity that has continued even after the end of the Avenger's production run. If you are looking for a great midsize sedan, a used Dodge Avenger from CarMax is an excellent option to consider.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Dodge Avenger Trim Configurations
Dodge Avenger Trim Configurations
- SE - The base trim of the 2014 Dodge Avenger, the SE trim features steering wheel-mounted cruise and audio controls, ambient LED interior lighting, a four-speaker audio system, remote keyless entry, LED taillamps, and more.
- SXT - The SXT trim of the 2014 Dodge Avenger features everything found on the SE trim as well as automatic headlamps, remote start, heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, automatic climate control, and more.
- R/T - The R/T trim of the 2014 Dodge Avenger features everything found on the SXT trim as well as a sport-tuned suspension, Bluetooth® audio streaming, a Boston Acoustics® premium six-speaker audio system, a 6.5-inch touchscreen display, a universal garage door opener, and more.
Q: Why did Dodge discontinue the Dodge Avenger?
A: The exact reason why Dodge discontinued the Avenger is unknown. However, it is speculated that Dodge discontinued the Avenger in order to reduce model overlap and free up resources to focus on other Dodge models such as the Dodge Dart.
Q: How much horsepower does a Dodge Avenger have?
A: When equipped with a 2.4L four-cylinder engine, the 2014 Dodge Avenger puts out up to 173 hp. When equipped with a 3.6L V6 engine, the 2014 Dodge Avenger puts out up to 283 hp.
Q: Is the Dodge Avenger considered a sports car?
A: The Dodge Avenger lacks the power necessary to be classified as a sports car. Instead, the Dodge Avenger falls under the midsize sedan class.
Q: Is the Dodge Avenger the same thing as the Dodge Charger?
A: The Dodge Avenger and the Dodge Charger are two very different vehicles. The Dodge Charger is a full-size sedan while the Dodge Avenger is a midsize sedan. The Dodge Charger also comes equipped with more powerful engine options than the engine options that are offered by the Dodge Avenger. Check out our article Dodge Charger vs. Dodge Avenger.
RepairPal gave the Dodge Avenger an overall reliability rating of 4 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Above Average. This rating ranks the Dodge Avenger 17th out of 36 among compact cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Dodge Avenger is $541, compared to an average of $543 for compact cars and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Dodge Avenger owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.3 times per year, compared to an average of 0.4 times for compact cars and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 11% for the Dodge Avenger, compared to an average of 11% for compact cars and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for Dodge Avenger
Best car ever!
It is comfortable to ride in and drive, it has great gas mileage but yet it has a lot of get up and go
- Fuel Economy: A tank of gas get me back-and-forth to work all week
- Ride and Handling: Very comfortable to ride in and drive
- Power: For a four-cylinder it really will take off
This car isn't really reliable. I am at 83k miles, and I'm running into all sorts of issues. Broken shifter cable, alternator problems, air conditioner has a musty smell, and now the tranny/engine are having some serious issues. I really don't care about anything in a car except reliability so I would NOT recommend this vehicle.
- Fuel Economy: I fill up once in a blue moon
- Ride and Handling: Very smooth
- Cargo Space: Huge trunk space if you can get over the water leaking into it every time it rains.
- Interior Space: Most AC units will begin to get a mildew smell in them. I thought maybe I was just a gross person, but it's actually a common issue.
- Reliability: Alternator problems, shifter cable connection is very cheap, transmission is unreliable around 80k-90k miles.
AWESOME CAR AT ANY PRICE!!!
Very nice looking car. Smooth ride and very comfortable. Heated Leather seats are awesome. Has some pick up and can go 450 to 500 miles on a full tank of gas. 18.5 gallon tank comes in handy on long trips.
- Technology and Entertainment: DVD, MEDIA FILES, SAT Radio, Bluetooth, Uconnect all make this a A+ ride
- Fuel Economy: Have seen 24 around town and 30 highway
- Seat Comfort: Heated Leather makes it nice
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.