Used Dodge Avenger for Sale
About the Dodge Avenger
Although the Dodge Avenger was discontinued following the release of the 2014 model, the Dodge Avenger remains a sought-after vehicle in the used car market. This well-rounded midsize sedan offers smooth and responsive handling, a potent V6 engine option, and a spacious, comfortable cabin. All these factors have combined to earn the Avenger quite a following and a degree of popularity that has continued even after the end of the Avenger's production run. If you are looking for a great midsize sedan, a used Dodge Avenger from CarMax is an excellent option to consider.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Dodge Avenger Trim Configurations
Dodge Avenger Trim Configurations
- SE - The base trim of the 2014 Dodge Avenger, the SE trim features steering wheel-mounted cruise and audio controls, ambient LED interior lighting, a four-speaker audio system, remote keyless entry, LED taillamps, and more.
- SXT - The SXT trim of the 2014 Dodge Avenger features everything found on the SE trim as well as automatic headlamps, remote start, heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, automatic climate control, and more.
- R/T - The R/T trim of the 2014 Dodge Avenger features everything found on the SXT trim as well as a sport-tuned suspension, Bluetooth® audio streaming, a Boston Acoustics® premium six-speaker audio system, a 6.5-inch touchscreen display, a universal garage door opener, and more.
Q: Why did Dodge discontinue the Dodge Avenger?
A: The exact reason why Dodge discontinued the Avenger is unknown. However, it is speculated that Dodge discontinued the Avenger in order to reduce model overlap and free up resources to focus on other Dodge models such as the Dodge Dart.
Q: How much horsepower does a Dodge Avenger have?
A: When equipped with a 2.4L four-cylinder engine, the 2014 Dodge Avenger puts out up to 173 hp. When equipped with a 3.6L V6 engine, the 2014 Dodge Avenger puts out up to 283 hp.
Q: Is the Dodge Avenger considered a sports car?
A: The Dodge Avenger lacks the power necessary to be classified as a sports car. Instead, the Dodge Avenger falls under the midsize sedan class.
Q: Is the Dodge Avenger the same thing as the Dodge Charger?
A: The Dodge Avenger and the Dodge Charger are two very different vehicles. The Dodge Charger is a full-size sedan while the Dodge Avenger is a midsize sedan. The Dodge Charger also comes equipped with more powerful engine options than the engine options that are offered by the Dodge Avenger. Check out our article Dodge Charger vs. Dodge Avenger.
RepairPal gave the Dodge Avenger an overall reliability rating of 4 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Above Average. This rating ranks the Dodge Avenger 17th out of 36 among compact cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Dodge Avenger is $541, compared to an average of $543 for compact cars and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Dodge Avenger owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.3 times per year, compared to an average of 0.4 times for compact cars and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 11% for the Dodge Avenger, compared to an average of 11% for compact cars and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for Dodge Avenger
sporty, comfortable and great car for the price!
The Avenger I purchased has an upgraded V6 engine and offers lots of power and speed when desired. I've just traveled in the car for the first time and it was very good on gas. Three kids in the back seat did not complain about being uncomfortable. The body style offers a more sporty look than many sedans I've researched and gives me the desire to maybe even purchase a dodge challenger in the future. I'm not a fan of the black interior only because it shows every single little scratch and marking.
- Power: 3.6 V6 has great power and torque.
- Cargo Space: Lots of space in the trunk!
- Value: Can't beat the price! The Avenger offers a lot for the $$$
- Weather Versatility: Make sure you have good winter tires and/or tire chains
love my car and the price was great
Because after shopping at several car lots and looked at several make and models of cars. I drove them compared them and priced compared them and even read the write ups on them. When I went to CarMax they were not pushy they showed me three different make and models and it was very evident I liked the Dodge. After taking it home I had my mechanic go over it top to bottom and he gave it a thumbs up and I have loved it ever since. Thank you Terry
- Ride and Handling: very smooth
- Seat Comfort: heated seats, adjust very comfortable
Terrific Car and wonderful salesman
This was purchased as a car for my 17 year old. He helped choose it, and it has been a totally reliable car for him. I wanted him to have a car that I wouldn't have to worry about breaking down. We also purchased the extended warranty, just to be safe, but haven't needed it! Loved the sales experience, no pressure, no haggling, easy financing! Will definitely purchase from CarMax again!
- Styling: Looks like a sporty car
- Interior Space: Very spacious interior, even in the back seat.
- Seat Comfort: Seats are very soft and comfy.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.