A comfortable, tech-focused SUV.
The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe is a two-row, five-passenger midsize SUV that comes well equipped with standard features and ample cargo capacity. Its size and versatility make it an excellent choice for those with families that require extra space for loved ones and their stuff.
The Santa Fe was redesigned in 2019 and largely carries over for 2020 with two engine choices—the base 2.4L four-cylinder and the optional 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder—and five trim levels, which include the SE, SEL, SEL 2.0T, Limited, and Limited 2.0T. Both the SEL 2.0T and Limited 2.0T come standard with the 2.0L turbocharged engine.
While we currently do not have many of the 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe review:
Key Specs & Features
- When equipped with the 2.4L engine and automatic transmission, the 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe gets an EPA-estimated 25 mpg combined.1
- When equipped with the 2.0L turbo engine and automatic transmission, the 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe gets an EPA-estimated 23 mpg combined.1
- All 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe models have 35.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats; folding the rear seats down provides 71.3 cubic feet of space.
- When properly equipped, the Hyundai Santa Fe towing capacity is an estimated 1,650 lbs. when equipped with the 2.4L engine, and an estimated 3,500 lbs. when equipped with the 2.0L turbocharged engine.2
- Seating for five passengers.
- A 185-horsepower four-cylinder engine is standard on the SE, SEL, and Limited trims.
- A 235-horsepower 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine is standard on the SEL 2.0T and Limited 2.0T.
- Forward collision-avoidance
- Seven-inch touchscreen display
- Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay® capability
- Driver attention warning
The Hyundai Santa Fe has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists.
- 8th - Best Compact SUVs (2019)
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Driver-Assist Features
The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe is equipped to deal with almost anything the road can throw its way. The 2020 model comes standard with a suite of driver-assist features that can keep you and the Santa Fe motoring down the road in harmony. Forward collision-avoidance with pedestrian detection and driver attention warning can help you stay alert and aware of your surroundings. The SEL trim adds both blind spot collision-avoidance assistance and rear cross-traffic avoidance assistance.
2. The Latest Tech
For 2020, the Santa Fe comes well equipped with the latest technology. The base SE comes standard with a seven-inch touchscreen display that's equipped with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability. Bluetooth® hands-free connectivity is also standard, allowing you to not only stream music from your mobile device, but also make phone calls. Choosing an SEL or higher trim adds a proximity key with push-button start, and the Limited comes standard with a handy wireless-device charging station.
3. Plenty of Cargo Space
Interior space is typically high on the list of necessities when you're shopping for an SUV. The 2020 Santa Fe checks that box, with plenty of cargo space behind the rear seats. Plus, the 60/40 split-folding rear seats provide a variety of ways to configure your cargo and still have room for passengers. Leg room is generous for both the front and rear passengers, so a road trip with four or five adults isn't out of the question. Folding down the rear seats to maximize your cargo-carrying capacity will provide you with 71.3 cubic feet of space!
4. Comfort Focused
No doubt you're looking for a certain level of comfort in your SUV, especially if you're planning to use it to commute to work or for long road trips. The 2020 Santa Fe does a good job of providing a comfortable ride with a quiet and pleasant interior. A six-way power driver seat with two levels of lumbar adjustment is standard, making it easier to find the most comfortable seating position for the long haul. SEL and Limited trims have eight-way adjustable power driver and passenger seats, and the Limited models add ventilated seats to the front and heated seats for the rear passengers.
5. Available All-Wheel Drive
While the 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe comes standard in front-wheel drive configuration, all-wheel drive is an option across the board. When equipped with all-wheel drive, the Santa Fe is confidence-inspiring in poor weather conditions and is a good choice for those who like to spend time in the great outdoors. The Santa Fe's all-wheel drive system is designed to automatically send power where traction is needed, though if you prefer, you can adjust the AWD so the power is equally distributed between the axles for maximum traction.
What You Need to Know
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe: Available Trims
- SE: Includes 185-horsepower 2.4L four-cylinder engine, lane-keeping assistance, high beam assistance, seven-inch touchscreen display, and forward collision-avoidance assistance.
- SEL: Adds eight-way power driver seat, heated front seats, blind spot collision-avoidance assistance, rear cross-traffic collision-avoidance assistance, and more.
- SEL 2.0T: Unlocks 235-horsepower 2.0L turbocharged engine, leather seating surfaces, wireless device charging, hands-free smart liftgate, and more.
- Limited: Adds eight-inch navigation system, heads-up display, surround view monitor, and ventilated front seats.
- Limited 2.0T: Adds 19-inch alloy wheels, memory seats, heated rear seats, and blind spot view monitor.
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe: Available Colors
- Earthly Bronze
- Lava Orange
- Machine Gray
- Quartz White
- Scarlet Red
- Stormy Sea
- Symphony Silver
- Twilight Black
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe: Interior
- 60/40 split-fold flat seats with recline and adjustable head restraints
- Standard six-way adjustable driver seat with lumbar adjustment
- Seven-inch audio system display
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
Hyundai Santa Fe: Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. Pricing data for this model at CarMax is currently unavailable. See below to learn more about previous model years.
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
Safety and Reliability
RepairPal® Reliability Ratings for the 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe3
The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe is a newer model and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. You may also consider other used Hyundai Santa Fes with similar features. Below are RepairPal reliability ratings for prior model years of the Hyundai Santa Fe.
- Overall RepairPal Reliability Rating - 4.0/5.0
- Average annual cost of unscheduled repairs and maintenance: $515.00
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features. Learn more at www.carmax.com/repairpal-reliability.
NHTSA Safety Ratings - 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe received overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The Hyundai Tucson is a compact SUV that's popular among families with young drivers, small families, and those who like the elevated driving position of an SUV with the maneuverability of a sedan. 2017 to 2019 models come standard with front-wheel drive but are available with the option of all-wheel drive. Two engine options are available: a 2.0L four-cylinder engine rated at 164 horsepower is standard, and a 1.6L turbocharged four-cylinder with 175 horsepower is optional. The 2019 model received an exterior refresh and comes standard with the following features:
- Seven-inch touchscreen display with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability
- Six-way power adjustable driver seat
- Seventeen-inch alloy wheels
- 60/40 split-folding rear seats
The Kia Sorento is a well-equipped midsize SUV that's available in a wide range of configurations. Its well-designed interior is upscale and is available with either a two-row five-passenger configuration or a three-row seven-passenger configuration; the third row is standard for 2019. There are three engine options, including the 3.3L direct-injected V6 engine rated at 290 horsepower and 252 lb-ft of torque. The Sorento comes standard with front-wheel drive and is also available with all-wheel drive. Given the wide range of options available on the Kia Sorento, it's a great choice for almost any scenario. For 2019, the Sorento comes standard with the following features:
- Three rows of seating
- Seventeen-inch alloy wheels
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
- Rearview camera
The Ford Edge is a compelling choice for anyone looking for a midsize SUV that takes a sporty approach to life. Its athletic styling and handsome interior are upscale, its roomy interior provides enough space for up to five passengers, and its 60/40 split-folding rear seats provide flexibility for a number of cargo scenarios. New for the 2019 model is an extra sporty ST model that comes equipped with a twin-turbo 2.7L V6 engine that produces 335 horsepower and comes standard with all-wheel drive. The 2018 Ford Edge SEL comes standard with the following features:
- Dual-zone climate control
- Ten-way power driver seat
- Six-way power passenger seat
- Rear parking sensors
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe is a great choice for anyone looking for plenty of cargo space, the latest tech, and a comfortable ride for your crew. Its available all-wheel drive also makes it versatile on or off the road, and you'll appreciate its upscale interior. Look for a Limited model if you want all the bells and whistles, including ventilated front seats.
Looking to learn more? Check out these related resources:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
3RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.