Used Hyundai Santa Fe for Sale
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited Ultimate
Available at your store CarMax Dulles, VA
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL
Free Shipping from CarMax Brandywine, MD
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited
Free Shipping from CarMax Brandywine, MD
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe SE
$199 Shipping from CarMax Fredericksburg, VA
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SE
$99 Shipping from CarMax Mechanicsburg, PA
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate
$99 Shipping from CarMax Langhorne, PA
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited
$199 Shipping from CarMax Raleigh, NC
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL
$199 Shipping from CarMax Greensboro, NC
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL
Coming soon to CarMax White Marsh, MD
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SE
Coming soon to CarMax Greensboro, NC
About The Hyundai Santa Fe
The Hyundai Santa Fe shines as a capable, efficient SUV for people who spend most of their time on the go. In particular, the SUV's features are appealing for families looking for a versatile vehicle able to keep up with a demanding, variety-filled schedule. Both the second- and third-generation models feature engines that balance fuel consumption with plenty of power. While being a midsize SUV, the Santa Fe sports a roomy interior for passengers and cargo alike. The 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe sports 108 and 146.6 cubic feet of passenger volume on two- and three-row models respectively. The two-row 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe has up to 71.5 cubic feet of cargo space with the seats down while its three-row counterpart gets up to 80 cubic feet of storage with the seats down. The adjustable seating makes it easy to fit that new TV or a few friends along for the ride home. Additionally, the largest engine option on the 2017 Santa Fe sports 5,000 lbs. of towing when properly equipped which is helpful if you are looking for an SUV that can handle a small trailer or boat.1
Hyundai made several substantial changes to the midsize crossover SUV when transitioning to the third generation. Second-generation models ran from 2007 to 2012 and third-generation models ran from 2013 to 2018. The standard engine receives a modest upgrade in horsepower, moving from 175 horsepower on the 2012 model to 190 horsepower on the 2017 model. The second-generation upgraded 276 horsepower 3.5L engine on the 2012 Santa Fe gets replaced with two options: a 240 horsepower 2.0L turbo and a 290 horsepower 3.3L on the 2017 Santa Fe. Additionally, the third generation models feature a redesigned dashboard and USB/Smartphone compatible infotainment system.
If you are intrigued by all the Hyundai Santa Fe has to offer, you should browse through the other content tabs for more information to help you decide if this is the right SUV for you and which model best meets your needs.
1 Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities
Hyundai Santa Fe Trim Configurations
The Second Generation, 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe is available in three trims:
- GLS: Standard 2.4L four-cylinder engine, six-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC® manual shifting control, optional AWD, six-speaker audio system with AM/FM/XM®/CD/MP3 compatibility, and roof rack side rails.
- SE: Upgraded 3.6L V6 engine, leather/cloth combination seating, power driver seat with lumbar support, optional 360-watt audio system upgrade, an available navigation system, and roof rack cross rails.
- Limited: Optional V6 engine, leather seating surfaces, heated front seating, 605-watt audio system upgrade from Infinity®, chrome-accented exterior features, and dual-zone automatic temperature control.
The Third Generation, 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe is available in five trims:
- Sport: Standard 185 horsepower 2.4L engine, six-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC®, available AWD, and two-row seating.
- SE: Upgraded 290 horsepower 3.3L engine, chrome-tipped dual exhaust design, seating for seven with split-folding third-row, and stylish five-bar grille design.
- SE Ultimate: All SE features, Panoramic sunroof, rear parking sensors, eight-inch touchscreen navigation system, premium audio from Infinity®, heated rear seats, and multi-view camera system.
- Limited: All SE features, upgraded second-row captain's chairs seating, six-passenger capacity, second-row cup holders, and LED taillights.
- Limited Ultimate: All SE Ultimate features, all Limited features, premium exterior lower door trim, and silver-painted exterior accents.
Q: Is the Tucson or Santa Fe bigger?
A: The Hyundai Santa Fe is larger than the Hyundai Tucson. Comparatively, the 2017 Santa Fe features a 110-inch wheelbase and 193-inch vehicle length while the Tucson sports a 105-inch wheelbase and a 176-inch vehicle length. Additionally, the 2017 Santa Fe has 160 cubic feet of interior volume whereas the Tucson has 133 cubic feet.
Q: Does the Hyundai Santa Fe have 3 rows?
A: The Santa Fe comes standard with five seats across two rows, but there are trims options which add a third-row of seats for six and seven occupant configurations.
Q: Does the Hyundai Santa Fe have four-wheel drive?
A: While front-wheel drive is the standard configuration, the 2012 and 2017 Santa Fe lines offer AWD as an option on all trims.
Q: Does the Hyundai Santa Fe have heated seating options?
A: The 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe SE with the Premium Package features heated front row seating and the 2017 Hyundai Sport 2.0T Ultimate features heated front and rear seats.
Q: Does the Hyundai Santa Fe have remote start option?
A: Whether the Hyundai Santa Fe has remote start depends on the model year and trim; however, the 2017 models with the optional Popular Equipment Package include the Blue Link® Connected Car System, which features remote start via a smartphone app.
RepairPal gave the Hyundai Santa Fe an overall reliability rating of 4 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Excellent. This rating ranks the Hyundai Santa Fe 11th out of 31 among Midsize SUVs.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Hyundai Santa Fe is $428, compared to an average of $475 for Midsize SUVs and $556 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Hyundai Santa Fe owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 1.2 times per year, compared to an average of 1.1 times for Midsize SUVs and 1.4 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 10% for the Hyundai Santa Fe, compared to an average of 12% for Midsize SUVs and 12% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2006-2020 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 09/01/2021. Learn more.
Reviews for Hyundai Santa Fe
Great experience from beginning to end!
Very comfortable for me as a shorter person. Seat and head rest fits me as a shorter person. Also comfortable for passengers as well. I love that it is a smaller SUV but still has everything I want. AWD, V-6, clearance, leather, sunroof, heated seats, low mileage, navigation, and much more. I had a wonderful experience with CarMax and my sales person. Very patient with me as I test drove numerous vehicles to be sure of the one I wanted. Loved, loved, loved the ability to go online and search all the features on my wish list and have CarMax deliver me the car within a couple weeks! Fabulous.
- Power: Plenty of power with the V-6 if you need it.
- Weather Versatility: Handles great in all types of weather including snow and slush. All Wheel Drive with a touch of a button means I can have it as needed instantly.
- Fuel Economy: Miles per gallon is at the low end of the specs. Ususally get about 21mpg whether highway or city.
Santa Fe Limited Ultimate
The customer service at CarMax was superb. The only reason im giving it 4 stars, is because the vehicle came with 3 months of bluelink! The only reason i got the vehicle is because it meet the features requirement i was was looking for. The remote start which can only be utilized in bluelink was the deal breaker. I was assured it would be available if i purchased the vehicle. Long story short i purchased this Santa Fe in March its October and i have yet been able to remote start my vehicle. Hyundai customer support has been very subpar, and i expected more ! As far As the Sante Fe Limited Ultimate its a excellent vehicle great on gas, comfort, and easy to operate. The only problem mechanically i had so far is the hub bearing are worn at 54k miles. I have MaxCare so its covered.
- Seat Comfort:
Wonderful SUV at a great price
I love the way this SUV handles. It handles like the a car would. I have gotten great gas mileage 23 city / 29 hwy. This is better gas mileage than my previous full size vehicle. I love the space inside the vehicle. I love that my 15 year old son that is 5'10" can fit comfortably in the third row. I enjoy the adjustable middle seat, because it gives more control to the occupants in the back of the vehicle. It would be nice if there were air vents for the middle passengers and controls for the air also. I love this vehicle and plan on owning this vehicle for a very long time.
- Fuel Economy:
- Seat Comfort:
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.