A stylish sedan with plenty of comfort.
Welcoming in-cabin comforts for both daily and extended trips plus innovative technology at every trim level, the 2020 Kia Forte is an attention-grabbing compact sedan. Expect a stylish exterior, spacious interior, and plenty of trim and tech options that'll turn heads when you drive by and keep people asking when it's your turn to carpool. New additions to the Kia Forte for 2020 are two exciting sport trims: the GT-Line and GT.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Kia Forte's on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Kia Forte with similar features.
Below are average prices for prior model years of the Kia Forte.
- 2019 – Average prices less than $16,5001
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Kia Forte review:
Key Specs & Features
- The model with a 2.0L engine and manual transmission gets an EPA-estimated 31 mpg combined.2
- The model with a 2.0L engine and Intelligent Continuously Variable Automatic Transmission (I-CVT) gets an EPA-estimated 35 mpg combined on the FE trim and 33 mpg combined on LXS, GT-Line, and EX trims.2
- The model with a 1.6L turbocharged engine and dual-clutch automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 30 mpg combined.2
- The model with a 1.6L turbocharged engine and manual transmission gets an EPA-estimated 30 mpg combined.2
- The 2020 Kia Forte provides 15.3 cubic feet of cargo volume across all trims.
- All trims offer options to fold down the rear seating for added capacity and the ability to carry longer items.
- The 2020 Kia Forte seats five passengers across all trims.
- 2.0L Inline four-cylinder mated to a six-speed manual transmission (FE)
- 2.0L Inline four-cylinder mated to the Intelligent Variable Automatic Transmission with Sportmatic® driving mode (optional on FE trim; standard on LXS, GT-Line, and EX trims)
- 1.6L turbocharged inline-four mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission (GT)
- 1.6L turbocharged inline-four mated to a six-speed manual transmission (GT Manual)
- Eight-inch touchscreen display
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Lane-keeping assist
- Rearview camera display with dynamic parking guidance
- Wireless charging option (GT-Line, EX, and GT)
The Kia Forte has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists.
- 7th - Best Small Cars (2020)
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Plenty of Options
You'll love all the choices you have when shopping for a 2020 Kia Forte, like choosing between a standard 2.0L engine or the 1.6L turbocharged engine. You'll also have to keep an eye out for the three different transmission types, eight paint colors, the new-for-2020 sport seating option, and plenty more. The 2020 Forte also offers you an impressive selection of trims with features to keep the whole family entertained during the weekend and your commute classy throughout the week.
2. Driver-Focused Technology
Practicality meets innovation with no fewer than five Kia Drive Wise technology features as standard on all 2020 Kia Forte trims. Standard across all trim levels, you can set the lane-keeping assist to apply a slight steering correction to bring your vehicle back into the proper lane when you drive, giving you a bit of confidence behind the wheel of your 2020 Forte. There are seven driver-assist features that come standard or available across the mid- and top-tier trims. Smart cruise control—available as an option on the GT trim—uses radar technology to make keeping your distance from the car ahead easier.
3. Trunk Space
For a compact sedan, the decidedly-roomy 15.3 cubic feet of cargo space you'll get to enjoy makes running errands and grocery shopping a breeze. Planning to travel further or longer? The rear seats fold down, opening up extra space for luggage and longer pieces of sporting or gardening equipment, so no need to leave any belongings behind when it's time for you to get behind the wheel.
4. Enjoy Every Drive
Thanks to its spacious interior and connectivity options, the 2020 Kia Forte is as fun as it is free, and not just for you but your passengers too. For the on-the-go family, there are cup holders, storage compartments, and generous legroom in the front and rear (42.2 inches and 35.7 inches respectively). For longer journeys on the road, it has still got you covered with four-, six- or eight-speaker stereo systems, steering-wheel-mounted cruise control and audio control, Bluetooth® wireless hands-free technology, and smartphone integration. For carpool commuting and family adventures during the weekend, the 2020 Kia Forte is a terrific companion.
5. Good Looks
Since its 2019 redesign, the Kia Forte will add plenty of style to your daily commute. Taking its inspiration from the sleek and sporty lines of the Kia Stinger, the long hood and short deck give the 2020 Kia Forte an equally sporty look. The 2020 GT-Line and GT trims take it a step further—the exterior gets a sport grille, side sills, and rear spoilers as standard and is sure to have onlookers staring every time you pull out of your driveway.
What You Need to Know
The 2020 Kia Forte is available in five trim levels: FE, LXS, GT-Line, EX, and GT.
- FE: Includes cruise control with steering-wheel controls, Bluetooth wireless technology, a rearview camera with dynamic parking guidance, woven-cloth seat trim, auto emergency braking technology, optional automatic transmission, and more.
- LXS: Adds 16-inch machine-finish alloy wheels, 60/40-split-folding rear seat, five paint options, black gloss sport bumper accents, and more.
- GT-Line: Adds 17-inch graphite-finish alloy wheels, sport grille, rear spoiler, smart key with push-button start, leather-wrapped steering wheel, sport seats with black SOFINO-leatherette and cloth trim, six-speaker audio system, and more.
- EX: Adds SOFINO-leatherette trim in three colorways, heated and ventilated front seats, Smart Trunk™, additional USB inputs, wireless charging option, dual-zone automatic temperature control, six paint options, a space-saving spare tire, and more.
- GT: Adds 18-inch two-tone alloy wheels, six-speed manual or seven-speed dual-clutch transmission options, sport-tuned multi-link rear suspension and dual exhaust, LED projection headlights, alloy sport pedals, high beam assist, and more.
- Aurora Black Pearl
- Clear White (FE, LXS, and GT-Line)
- Currant Red (LXS, EX, and GT)
- Deep Sea Blue (LXS, EX, GT-Line, and GT)
- Fire Orange (GT-Line, and GT)
- Gravity Grey
- Silky Silver (EX)
- Snow White Pearl (EX and GT)
- Eight-inch touchscreen display as standard and UVO eServices and voice-recognition capability on EX and GT trims
- Front center console with two cup holders, armrest, and storage box as standard on all trims
- Maximum cargo volume of 15.3 cubic feet
- Six-way adjustable driver and front-passenger seating as standard
- Seating for five passengers
Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Kia Forte is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Kia Forte.
- 2019 – Average pricing less than $16,5001
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Kia Forte, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
Safety and Reliability
RepairPal® Reliability Ratings for the 2020 Kia Forte3
The 2020 Kia Forte is a newer model and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. You may also consider other used Kia Fortes with similar features. Below are RepairPal reliability ratings for prior model years of the Kia Forte.
- Overall RepairPal Reliability Rating - 4.5/5.0
- Average annual cost of unscheduled repairs and maintenance: $423.00
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010–2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features. Learn more at www.carmax.com/repairpal-reliability.
NHTSA Safety Ratings - 2020 Kia Forte
The 2020 Kia Forte received an overall 4/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Kia Forte you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The sixth-generation Hyundai Elantra (2015 to present) is a user-friendly compact sedan that'll appeal to you especially if you're after a daily commuter or a vehicle for your growing family. Driver-assistance technology on 2017–2018 models includes electronic stability, adaptive cruise control, and automatic emergency braking. The spacious, capable interior cabin of the 2018 Hyundai Elantra (110.2 cubic feet of total interior space across all trims) and six-speaker audio system are two of the features that will make your urban drives and longer road trips a lot more enjoyable. 2017–2018 models include as standard:
- Six trim options, including Sport and ECO models
- 15 paint options (2017–2018)
- A choice of manual, automatic, and dual-clutch transmissions
- Passenger seating for five passengers and 14.4 cubic feet of cargo storage
- Rearview camera and Bluetooth connectivity standard across all trims for the 2019 model
Benefiting from a stylish redesign in 2017, the 2017–2019 Kia Sportage is the compact SUV that'll suit your weekday commute just as well as it does your weekend trips out of town. That's all thanks to its versatile trim options, noise-reduction technology, and driver-assistance features. Driving performance improvements made to the 2017 model include a 2.4L engine (LX and EX trims) that produces 181 hp and 175 lb-ft of torque or a 2.0L turbocharged engine on the range-topping SX Turbo that pumps out 240 hp on FWD models (237 hp on AWD models) and 260 lb-ft of torque. 2017–2019 models also include these features:
- Three trims (LX, EX, and SX Turbo), all featuring six-speed Sportmatic transmission and standard FWD or optional AWD
- 129.3 cubic feet of interior cabin space with five-passenger seating and standard cargo space of 30.7 cubic feet
- Driver-angled center console, color touchscreen, and dashboard with defined display and control zones
- UVO3 featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (EX and SX Turbo)
This comfortable compact is now in its eleventh-generation (2013 to present) and remains a smart choice if you're looking for a daily commuter that's also up to the occasional longer trip. There are plenty of convenient features and tech as standard; the 2017 model introduced the seven-inch touchscreen as a standard feature. The interior dimensions are roomy as well: 42.3 inches of legroom in the front seat and an equally impressive 41.4 inches for rear-seat passengers. 2017–2018 Toyota Corollas include these features:
- Seven trims: L, LE, LE Eco, XLE, SE, SE 50th Anniversary Edition, and XSE
- Adaptive cruise control
- Rearview camera
- Seating for five passengers and 13.2 cubic feet of cargo space
The Bottom Line
More than a practical sedan, the 2020 Kia Forte has a whole host of features that will upgrade your daily driving experience. Giving you confidence behind the wheel on your daily commute, it'll also make longer journeys with family and friends that much smoother too. Ample cargo space, stylish lines, and plenty of technology included as standard make this an exciting car with lots of appeal if you're looking for something as sophisticated as it is practical.
Looking to learn more? Check out these related articles:
1Based on CarMax average prices from December 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fee.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
3RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/01/2019. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.