Rugged exterior meets a cozy cabin.
The Subaru Crosstrek is powerful, rugged, roomy, and practical, which makes it a suitable solution for a wide range of lifestyles and driving needs. The 2020 Subaru Crosstrek is distinguished by a rugged exterior designed to withstand the elements and conquer all sorts of terrains. It also sports a spacious and comfortable cabin and an abundance of storage room, which means it's a great vehicle for families that need a daily driver that they can also use for an occasional off-road trip.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Subaru Crosstreks on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Subaru Crosstrek with similar features.
Below are average prices of prior model year Subaru Crosstreks.1
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Subaru Crosstrek review:
Key Specs & Features
- The 2020 Subaru Crosstrek powered by a 2.0L four-cylinder engine gets an EPA-estimated 30 mpg combined.2
- The maximum cargo capacity of 55.3 cu-ft with the rear seats lowered.
- When properly equipped, the 2020 Subaru Crosstrek has an estimated towing capacity of 1,500 lbs with a 2.0L four-cylinder engine.3
- The 2020 Subaru Crosstrek can seat up to five passengers.
- There is only one engine choice on the 2020 Subaru Crosstrek, which is a 152-hp 2.0L four-cylinder paired either to a six-speed manual or an eight-speed continuous variable transmission.
- Automatic climate control system
- STARLINK® 6.5-inch multimedia system
- Brake Assist
- Keyless entry system
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
The Subaru Crosstrek has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Off-Road Capabilities
The Subaru Crosstrek's off-road capabilities are undoubtedly among the top reasons you should consider this crossover. With 8.7 inches of ground clearance, the 2020 Subaru Crosstrek can easily conquer rough and uneven terrain while maintaining a high level of ride comfort. What's more, AWD is standard on all trims, distributing power in a way that improves traction. It makes for increased stability and enhanced handling, as it helps to quickly adjust to different road conditions.
2. Abundant Storage Room
Apart from their off-road abilities, SUVs such as the Subaru Crosstrek are appealing because of the high cargo capacity, too. The 2020 Subaru Crosstrek has plenty of storage options with ample room for all kinds of items, including several suitcases for vacations, sporting equipment, lots of groceries, or anything else you might need to haul. With a total of 121.6 cu-ft of interior volume and 60/40-split flat-folding rear seatbacks, the 2020 Subaru Crosstrek is designed to fit your lifestyle.
3. Connectivity and Entertainment
For an optimal riding experience, the 2020 Subaru Crosstrek offers plenty of connectivity and entertainment features. Standard on all trims, Subaru's STARLINK Multimedia system makes sure passengers stay connected to the outside world and entertained at all times. It includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, with wireless connectivity and voice command allowing the driver to use the apps in a safe manner. Through this system, you can easily access navigation and entertainment apps.
4. Roomy and Comfortable Cabin
Having plenty of room for passengers to ride comfortably even on long-distance trips is also one of the perks of owning a Subaru Crosstrek. With 43.1 inches of legroom in the front, 36.5 inches in the back and a total passenger volume of 100.9 cu-ft, the 2020 Subaru Crosstrek allows for a relaxed ride for both kids and adult passengers. The cloth upholstery and the soft-touch materials throughout the cabin increase the level of comfort that much more.
5. Lots of Available Features
Although the 2020 Subaru Crosstrek comes with a nice set of standard features, you could easily enhance the ride quality for all passengers if you are willing to invest in some of the available packages or opt for one of the higher-level trims. For instance, the top Limited trim includes a larger touchscreen and automatic climate control, as well as leather upholstery. Driver-assist options on the Limited trim include the EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology, the Blind-Spot Detection/Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and the Reverse Automatic Braking system.
What You Need to Know
- Base: Comes standard with Subaru's STARLINK Multimedia system with a 6.5-inch touchscreen, 60/40-split flat-folding rear seatbacks, brake assist, keyless entry, 17-inch wheels, USB port, Bluetooth® connectivity, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay integration, and more.
- Premium: Adds a leather-wrapped steering wheel, heated front seats, two USB ports, rear cargo tray, STARLINK® Safety and Security, and much more.
- Limited: Upgrades include 18-inch wheels, an eight-inch touchscreen, leather-trimmed upholstery, keyless access with push-button start and PIN-access, six speakers, blind-spot detection, high-beam assist, and more.
- Cool Gray Khaki
- Crystal Black Silica
- Crystal White Pearl
- Ice Silver Metallic
- Magnetite Gray Metallic
- Pure Red
- Quartz Blue Pearl
- Sunshine Orange
- Infotainment system compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 60/40-split flat-folding rear seats
- 55.3 cu-ft total cargo space
- USB input port, dual cup holders in the center console, cargo-area with two grocery bag hooks and four tie-down hooks
Average CarMax Prices1
The 2020 Subaru Crosstrek is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Subaru Crosstrek.
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Subaru Crosstrek, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
NHTSA Safety Ratings- 2020 Subaru Crosstrek
The 2020 Subaru Crosstrek received overall 5/5 (standard AWD model) by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The hybrid model is not yet rated. Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle
If you're interested in the 2020 Subaru Crosstrek, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
Currently in its fifth generation that was introduced for the 2019 model year, the Subaru Forester is a compact crossover SUV that you can use as a daily driver for running errands or commuting, as well as a vehicle for long-distance trips and off-road adventures. AWD is standard on model years 2017–2019, as well as various driver-assist features. Other standard features from 2017–2019 include:
- 17-inch steel wheels
- Automatic climate control
- Automatic LED headlights
- Onboard Hands-Free Communications System
Powered by either a 175-hp, 2.5L four-cylinder engine or a 3.6L, flat-six engine delivering 256 hp, the 2017–2019 Subaru Outback is an AWD wagon with seating for five. It's great for road trips thanks to the spacious cabin, as well as for off-road driving which is made easy thanks to the high ground clearance and AWD, among other reasons. It's equipped with lots of driver-assist and entertainment tech features, such as:
- Infotainment system with a 6.2-inch touchscreen
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Remote keyless entry
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
The Honda HR-V is a versatile and practical subcompact SUV. Model years 2017–2019 are part of the second generation, which was introduced in 2015. It comes standard with a 141-hp 1.8L four-cylinder engine, and both front-wheel and all-wheel drive options are available on all trim configurations. It can comfortably seat up to five people, and some of the standard features for 2017–2019 models include:
- 60/40 split-folding rear seats
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Five-inch touchscreen infotainment system
The Bottom Line
A versatile crossover SUV, the 2020 Subaru Crosstrek is a practical and convenient choice if you're looking for a vehicle that can meet your daily needs, as well as take on road trips and off-road adventures. Spacious and rugged, yet quite nimble and comfortable, the Crosstrek will exceed your expectations.
Looking to learn more? Check out these related articles:
1Based on CarMax average prices between August 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
3Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.