Used Acura TL for Sale
2013 Acura TL
$199 Shipping from CarMax Fredericksburg, VA
About the Acura TL
Featuring powerful engine options, upscale cabin materials, and premium technology features, the Acura TL is a midsize luxury car that delivers in every category. The Acura TL was discontinued after the release of the 2014 model, however, used Acura TL models are still a popular choice among luxury car enthusiasts. On the 2014 Acura TL, you can look forward to standard features such as an eight-speaker audio system with a subwoofer, leather seats, and a power moonroof as well as your choice between a 280 hp 3.5L V6 engine and a 305 hp 3.7L V6 engine. Thanks to its powerful engine options and generous list of standard features, the Acura TL is an ideal vehicle for anyone looking to purchase a used luxury car.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: What does TL mean for Acura?
A: The "TL" in Acura TL stands for "Touring Luxury".
Q: Is the Acura TL discontinued?
A: Yes, the Acura TL is no longer in production. The Acura TL was discontinued following the release of the 2014 model.
Q: What's the difference between the Acura TL and the TLX?
A: The Acura TL and the Acura TLX are both luxury midsize cars. The primary difference between these two vehicles is the fact that the Acura TL is a performance-oriented vehicle that offers more powerful engine options than the engine options found in the Acura TLX.
Q: Does the Acura TL require premium gas?
A: Yes, premium gas is required for the 2014 Acura TL.
Q: Does the Acura TL have VTEC?
A: Yes, both engine options for the 2014 Acura TL - a 280 hp 3.5L V6 engine and a 305 hp 3.7L V6 engine - utilize Acura's VTEC technology. According to Acura, this technology is designed to provide uninterrupted power throughout the engine's rpm range.
2014 Acura TL Trim Configurations and Available Packages
The 2014 Acura TL comes available in three different trim configurations. In addition to these trim configurations, the 2014 Acura TL also comes available with two different package options. Trim configurations and available packages for the 2014 Acura TL include:
- TL - The base trim of the 2014 Acura TL, the TL trim comes equipped with features such as a 280 hp 3.5L V6 engine, auto on/off xenon headlights, a power moonroof, leather seats, an eight-speaker audio system with a subwoofer, and more.
- Special Edition - The Special Edition trim of the 2014 Acura TL includes everything found on the TL trim as well as push-button start, Special Edition badging, contrast stitching for the leather-trimmed interior, a body-color decklid spoiler, and 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels with a chrome-look finish.
- TL SH-AWD - The TL SH-AWD trim of the 2014 Acura TL includes everything found on the TL trim as well as a 305 hp 3.7L V6 engine, Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™, hill start assist, exclusive front sport seats and steering-wheel design with contrast stitching, and 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels.
- Technology Package - The Technology Package for the 2014 Acura TL adds features such as an Acura/ELS Surround® 10-speaker premium audio system, push-button start, a rearview camera, a built-in navigation system, and more.
- Advance Package - The Advance Package for the 2014 Acura TL adds features such as heated and ventilated front seats, blind-spot monitoring, larger aluminum alloy wheels, and larger tires.
RepairPal gave the Acura TL an overall reliability rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Excellent. This rating ranks the Acura TL 8th out of 59 among Luxury Midsize Cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Acura TL is $359, compared to an average of $554 for Luxury Midsize Cars and $556 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Acura TL owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 1 times per year, compared to an average of 1.6 times for Luxury Midsize Cars and 1.4 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 7% for the Acura TL, compared to an average of 10% for Luxury Midsize Cars and 12% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2006-2020 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 09/01/2021. Learn more.
Reviews for Acura TL
Great vehicle for years to come
While doing research to replace a 2010 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5i Premium, I wanted to go back to a 6-cylinder near luxury 4-door sedan. I started my research with the usual suspects: Cadillac, Infiniti, and Lexus. Acura simply did not cross my mind until I test drove the TL. The TL while it doesn't have the horsepower of the G37, the refinements and the torque made the difference for me. While I was test driving the G37 I kept thinking that I was driving a 6-cylinder Altima. It was too cramped on the back seat and it felt too narrow compared to the TL. I know I made a great purchase because this car will last and look good for years to come.
- Cabin Noise: This is truly a great experience. I have owned near luxury vehicles as the Acura TL and I can say with certainty that it is one of the quietest cabins I have ever been in.
- Power: It might not be very powerful based on the paper specs (280 hp) but it is misleading. This vehicle is powerful from the line and while you're cruising you can just press the gas pedal and off you go.
- Ride and Handling: The ride and handling of this vehicle is one of the key features that attracted me to the TL to being with. While I was doing my research I was just going back to what I knew which is Cadillac. I was pleasantly surprised with the agility, responsiveness, and quickness.
- Technology and Entertainment: My only complaint is the Bluetooth. While I may be able to hear the other party, I receive complaints from how they hear me. And to place a call using voice commands is very complicated. The interface is not logical and not user friendly.
Awesome Car - Great Experience!
I am so happy with my 2012 Acura. I purchased it in Feb. 2015 after looking online and stopping in to do a test drive. Within 1 week, the Acura I purchased arrived from another state. It is a beautiful car and much more than I expected. It was spotless inside and out and looked brand new. I was very impressed with the sales staff as I felt no pressure what-so-ever to make the purchase. It was a great experience and I have recommended many people to shop through Carmax and will continue to recommend Carmax in the future.
- Styling: This car is stylish and sporty.
- Technology and Entertainment: This vehicle includes the technology package with GPS. I don't know how I was getting along without the GPS in my old car.
- Cabin Noise: One thing is was looking for in my new car was Quietness. I wanted to be able to roll up the window and not hear any outside sounds. I also did not want to hear loud engine sounds. The 2012 Acura is like being in a capsule. It is so quiet and I am completely satisfied!
This car is a dream come true! The ride is steady and quiet. If your looking for luxury w/o the price tag Acura TL is the way to go! This Acura was in pristine condition when I purchased it. It even had that 'new car' smell. I immediately fell in love. My boyfriend who is 6 ft fits nicely and he likes it as well. I love my car and will never go back to the SUV (which I previously had). The gas mileage is amazing as well. I drove from Maryland to New York City and back on one tank of gas. I had to fill up once I got back to Maryland. Out of all the cars that I have owed this is the best one yet. I will be an Acura owner for life now. If you are considering an Acura TL you won't be disappointed!
- Ride and Handling: very smooth ride
- Cost to Maintain: Gas milage is excellent, oil change every 8000 miles
- Seat Comfort: Amazing leather seats hug you like a glove
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.