Used 2017 Chevrolet Colorado for Sale
2017 Chevrolet Colorado Z71
Only available at CarMax Frederick, MD
2017 Chevrolet Colorado LT
Free Shipping from CarMax Virginia Beach, VA
2017 Chevrolet Colorado LT
Coming soon to CarMax Greensboro, NC
About the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado
Whether you’re after a hard-working hauler or a fun off-roader, the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado can capably meet your driving needs. Choose from three engines, three transmissions, multiple body configurations, and numerous packages and editions. This compact pickup makes your road time smarter with assists like a rear vision camera and forward collision alert. Inside the comfortable cabin, you control the advanced infotainment system using the responsive color touchscreen display.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: What are three engines available on the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado?
A: Pick from three engines to power your 2017 Chevrolet Colorado adventures:
- The available 2.8L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel generates up to 181 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque while achieving a maximum towing capacity of 7,700 pounds when the truck is properly equipped.2 With the six-speed automatic and 2WD, the EPA-estimated fuel efficiency is 30 mpg on the highway and 22 mpg in the city.1
- The standard 2.5L four-cylinder puts out 200 hp and 191 lb-ft with maximum towing at 3,500 pounds when the pickup is properly equipped.2 The EPA-estimated fuel efficiency with 2WD and either the six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission is 26 mpg on the highway and 22 mpg in the city.1
- The available 3.6L Dual Overhead Cam V6 produces 308 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque while pulling up to 7,000 pounds with the proper equipment.2 With the eight-speed automatic transmission, efficiency reaches 25 mpg on the highway and 20 mpg in the city.1
Q: What body configurations can the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado take?
A: You can configure the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado with the Crew Cab or Extended Cab, both of which carry six passengers. The rear can take either a short box with a cargo volume of 41.3 cubic feet or a long box that carries up to 49.9 cubic feet.
Q: What are the trims for the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado?
A: Your 2017 Chevrolet Colorado trim options consist of the following:
- Base: The base model powers up with the 2.5L four-cylinder and six-speed manual transmission. Revealing your rear view when you reverse is the rear vision camera.
- WT: Revving up performance is the 3.6L V6 with the six-speed manual or automatic transmission. The rear bench seat folds for cargo flexibility in the crew cab and contains under seat storage in the extended cab.
- LT: Swipe and tap the eight-inch color touchscreen display to control the Chevrolet MyLink® radio, enjoy remote keyless entry, and a corner step rear bumper makes bed access more convenient.
- Z71: You can adjust both the driver and front-passenger’s seats with four power settings. Loading becomes more convenient with the EZ Lift and lower tailgate. Projector beam headlamps can light up your drives in fair weather while the fog lamps maintain visibility when the weather turns fowl.
- ZR2: You’ll be able to pull trailers using the included integrated trailer hitch and integrated trailer brake controller. The spray-on bedliner prevents dents and scratches from marring the bed surface. On rough terrain, a shield protects your transfer case from harm.
Q: What editions are available for the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado?
A: The 2017 Chevrolet Colorado is available with the following special editions:
- The Midnight Special Edition, available only on the LT and the ZL1 with some tweaked features, puts black on the cast-aluminum wheels, bowtie emblems, soft-folding tonneau cover, and spray-on bedliner.
- The Custom Special Edition, which is optional on the WT, includes exterior power-adjustable mirrors that fold manually. It also adds access to the Chevrolet MyLink Radio with a seven-inch diagonal color touchscreen display.
- Optional for the LT trim, the Shoreline Special Edition with the LT Cloth Package uses black on the exterior trim, black bowtie emblems, beltline moldings, and a spray-on bedliner. The Shoreline Special Edition with the Luxury gives you single-zone automatic climate control while building heat into the front-row seats with four-way power adjustments.
Q: What is Teen Driver Technology on the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado?
A: Your youngest drivers can take the wheel of the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado as long as you activate Teen Driver Technology. This feature lets you turn on and monitor active driver-assistance features, give audio-visual signals when the truck exceeds a predetermined speed, and mute the audio until passengers in the front row are wearing their protection restraints. You can also examine an in-vehicle record of their trips to coach teens on the best way to negotiate the road.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Actual mileage will vary based on things like battery age, vehicle condition and history, driving and charging habits, accessory use, and driving conditions. Battery capacity may decrease with time and use. See fueleconomy.gov for more info.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
The second generation, which lasted from 2015 to 2020, includes the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado. Many of its advances make hauling cargo more convenient. The EZ Lift-and-Lower tailgate depends on an internal torsion bar to ease raising the tailgate with one hand and lowering it with more control, due to a damper. On all trims, the standard CornerStep eases stepping into or out of the truck bed. Two-tier loading splits the cargo bed into upper and lower sections to better organize what you’re carrying.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration's independent crash tests help you make informed decisions about vehicle safety. NHTSA's 5-Star Safety Ratings give consumers insights into how vehicles perform in crash tests, with more stars equaling higher safety ratings. Here are the ratings for the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado. Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Visit nhtsa.gov/recalls to look up a specific vehicle.
Reviews for 2017 Chevrolet Colorado
Great price low miles - such a fun Truck!
Lots of fun and practical use
- Styling: Very cool little truck
- Cargo Space: Just enough to haul not too big.
- Weather Versatility: Perfect for all weather conditions
When you don't need a full-size truck
Great family truck. Enough room to sit 4 comfortably for long distance trips. Good gas mileage for a truck. Easily hooks up to apple and android without complaint.
- Ride and Handling: Very comfortable ride, on or off road. Took sharp mountain corners with ease.
- Power: Consistent power throughout, even when switching between number of cylinders (4-6). Easy tows my loaded up utility trailer.
- Dashboard: Plug in your cell, and everything is available on the screen. Navigation, phone, can even listen and (vocally) respond to texts.
- Cabin Noise: Can hear the passing wind, if the radio is turned down. Not the worse but noticeable until it becomes background noise.
- Cargo Space: Truck bed is on the smaller side, even smaller with the bed box. Big enough for typical uses, but planning is required when hauling something of length. Trailer remedies this issue.
Looks great sitting in my driveway!
I bought the truck in February, haven't even put a 1000 miles on it. It's so frustrating to drive with the shake and shudder from a bad torque converter. Chevrolet is going to replace it, but they are taking their sweet time. So, the truck just sits in the driveway and I drive my old car instead.
- Styling: Good looking truck
- Power: V6 power
- Visibility: I like sitting up higher.
- Reliability: Bad Torque converter
- Seat Comfort: Seat is to small, I always feel like I am hanging over the edge (I'm a normal sized guy). Also, the side pieces are hard and its uncomfortable getting in or out of the vehicle.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.