Comfortably capable with a slick design.
The 2020 Audi Q3 is a stylish five-passenger subcompact crossover that will grab your attention with its striking exterior and make you fall in love with its standard features and interior details. From regular commuting and weekend getaways to special nights out on the town, this Audi model lets you enjoy life on the road in premium comfort.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Audi Q3s on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Audi Q3 with similar features.
Below are average prices of prior model year Audi Q3s at CarMax.
- 2018 - Average prices less than $27,5001
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Audi Q3 review:
Key Specs and Features
- The 2020 Audi Q3 with AWD, 2.0L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 22 mpg combined.2
- The 2020 Audi Q3 has 23.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seat, and 48 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seat folded down.
- The 2020 Audi Q3 has seating for five passengers.
- The singular engine for the 2020 Audi Q3 is a 228-hp 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder with 258 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Audi smartphone interface with standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration
- Standard 8.8-inch MMI® touchscreen (Premium and Premium Plus trims)
- 10.1-inch MMI touchscreen with handwriting recognition and navigation with voice control (Prestige trim)
- Front and rear acoustic parking sensors (Premium Plus and Prestige trims)
- Top-view camera system (Prestige trim)
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Practical Performance
If you love the rush of a sports sedan but also value comfort and interior versatility, the 2020 Audi Q3 provides a great middle ground. Under its right-sized sport utility proportions is a 228-hp 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine that delivers ample power for commuting or enjoying a night on the town. The engine connects to an eight-speed automatic transmission that shifts smoothly under normal driving conditions, or you can customize the vehicle's steering feel and throttle responses by selecting a sportier drive mode. With its agile body and compact exterior design, the Q3 moves with poise when faced with twisty roads and rush-hour congestion.
2. Standard All-Wheel Drive
Transitioning from the city to the slopes is a seamless experience in the Q3. All 2020 models come standard with Audi's Quattro® all-wheel drive system, which is designed to detect a loss of traction and respond by distributing power to the wheels for better grip. Even if you're not an outdoor enthusiast, you'll love how skilled this all-wheel drive system will make you feel as you navigate through bad weather or over poorly maintained roads.
3. Comfortable Cabin
With standard features that include leather upholstery, a panoramic sunroof, and heated front seats with eight-way power adjustments for the driver, you're in for a pampering in-cabin experience in the 2020 Audi Q3. Your passengers will also love the sliding and reclining rear seats that provide generous legroom and a relaxed seating position on longer trips. Plus, the Q3 features three-zone automatic climate control to keep everyone comfortable. Want to make your date nights extra special? The ambient LED Interior Lighting Package Plus (available on the Prestige trim) lets you choose from 30 vibrant colors to set the mood.
4. Configurable Cargo Space
The 2020 Audi Q3's 40/20/40 split-folding, sliding, and reclining rear seats provide the freedom to transport what you need inside the vehicle. With all seats in place, there's 23.7 cubic feet of cargo volume to carry groceries or luggage for a weekend getaway, and folding the rear row expands capacity to 48 cubic feet. The rear cargo area can also be reconfigured to make room for taller items, like houseplants from the garden center. All 2020 models come standard with a power tailgate, which makes loading the Q3 very efficient, especially when your hands are full.
5. Advanced Technology
The basis of the 2020 Q3's infotainment system is an 8.8-inch MMI touchscreen (Premium and Premium Plus trims), which connects you to your most-used apps using Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration. If you choose the Prestige trim, you'll enjoy a 10.1-inch MMI touchscreen with navigation that uses handwriting recognition to make it easier to enter information, like finding the nearest gas station or coffee shop. Wireless charging keeps your devices powered as you commute between meetings (Premium Plus and Prestige trims), while a standard rearview camera can make you feel like an expert parallel parker. Automatic high-beam headlights and automated emergency braking round out the 2020 Q3's standard driver-assistance features.
What You Need to Know
- Premium: Includes a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster, 8.8-inch MMI touchscreen, LED headlights with high-beam assistance, panoramic sunroof, three-zone automatic climate control, and more.
- Premium Plus: Adds keyless entry and ignition, wireless charging pad, blind-spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert, lane-departure warning, frameless auto-dimming interior mirror with digital compass, and more.
- Prestige: Unlocks a top-view camera system, adaptive cruise control, Bang & Olufsen® 3D sound system with 15 speakers, 12.3-inch virtual cockpit, 10.1-inch MMI touchscreen, and more.
- Chronos Gray
- Cosmos Blue (Premium and Premium Plus trims)
- Florett Silver (Premium and Premium Plus trims)
- Glacier White
- Ibis White
- Mythos Black
- Nano Gray (Premium and Premium Plus trims)
- Pulse Orange
- Tango Red
- Turbo Blue (S Line appearance package)
- Standard panoramic sunroof with solid sunshade
- Maximum cargo capacity of 48 cubic feet
- Standard leather seating
- 40/20/40 split-folding, sliding, and reclining rear seats
- Standard three-zone automatic climate control
Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Audi Q3 is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Audi Q3.
- 2018 - Average prices less than $27,5001
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Audi Q3, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
If you're interested in the 2020 Audi Q3, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The Audi Q5 is an attractive luxury SUV that received a refresh in 2018, including a revised chassis design for a smooth ride. All 2018-2019 trim levels come standard with a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine (252 hp and 273 lb.-ft. of torque) that connects to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. All-wheel drive is also standard on 2018-2019 models, so you have the freedom to travel where and when you need to. With seating for five passengers, the Q5 is spacious and comfortable, including the rear seat with 37.8 inches of legroom. For 2019, the trim-topping Prestige includes the following standard features:
- Dual-pane acoustic glass for front side windows
- Tilt and telescopic power-adjustable steering column
- Head-up display
- Top-view camera system
If you're shopping for a luxury subcompact crossover, a BMW X1 has the prestige you seek. This model sports a classic BMW aesthetic with a twin kidney grille and distinctive headlights, along with high-set taillights and nicely sculpted sides. Power flows from a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder (2017-2019) that delivers 228 hp and 258 lb.-ft. of torque. A smooth-shifting eight-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive come standard, or you can opt for available all-wheel drive for extra traction. 2017-2019 sDrive28i trims include these standard features:
- Leatherette upholstery
- Sport leather steering wheel
- 18-inch alloy Y-spoke wheels
- Power tailgate
Want an SUV that's classy for a night on the town, but can also pull your trailer when adventure calls? The Land Rover Range Rover provides an ideal balance of luxury and capability. When outfitted with the available diesel-powered 3.0L V6 with 255 hp, the 2019 Range Rover can tow an estimated 7,716 lbs., when properly equipped. 3Standard driver-assistance features, like Tow Hitch Assist, make connecting a trailer to the SUV much easier by providing a clear view of the hitching process. For 2019, the mid-range Supercharged trim includes these premium standard features:
- Perforated leather seats
- 20-way heated front seats and power-recline heated rear seats
- Three-zone climate control
- Electric rear side window sun blinds
The Bottom Line
If you want an engaging ride that combines standard all-wheel drive, a comfortable cabin, and cargo-carrying options, the 2020 Audi Q3 is an excellent model to have in your driveway. With this subcompact crossover, you'll feel up for anything, whether it's busy city streets or leaning into curves on dirt roads. The configurable interior also makes the Q3 a practical choice, with space for passengers and cargo of all sizes.
Looking to learn more about the 2020 Audi Q3 and similar vehicles? Check out these related articles:
1Based on prices on carmax.com in December 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
3Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.