A compact hatchback with a bold design.
The 2021 Chevrolet Spark combines fuel-sipping performance and a compact design into a stylish hatchback that's well-suited for city driving. With seating for four passengers and ample cargo space, the 2021 Spark is a great option for commuting or running errands on weekends. This model is also overflowing with cool tech features and bold design details that will spark your excitement each time you get behind the wheel.
While we currently do not have many 2021 Chevrolet Sparks on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2021 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Chevrolet Spark with similar features.
Here's what you'll learn in this 2021 Chevrolet Spark review:
Key Specs and Features:
- The 2021 Chevrolet Spark with FWD and the 1.4L engine with automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 33 mpg combined. 1
- The 2021 Chevrolet Spark ACTIV with FWD and the 1.4L engine with automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 33 mpg combined. 1
- The 2021 Chevrolet Spark with FWD and the 1.4L engine with manual transmission gets an EPA-estimated 33 mpg combined. 1
- The 2021 Chevrolet Spark ACTIV with FWD and the 1.4L engine with manual transmission gets an EPA-estimated 32 mpg combined. 1
- 11.1 cu-ft of volume behind the rear row
- 27.2 cu-ft of volume with the rear seats folded
- Four passengers
- 1.4L four-cylinder with 98 hp and 94 lb-ft of torque
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system with seven-inch touchscreen display
- Bluetooth® audio streaming capabilities for two devices
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Two illuminated USB ports
- Rearview monitor
The Chevrolet Spark has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
5 Reasons to Buy
1. City-Friendly Footprint
The 2021 Chevy Spark is a city dweller's dream with a compact footprint that fits almost anywhere you want it to go. From tight alleyways to cramped underground garages, you'll love how easy it is to maneuver this small hatchback. Measuring only 143.1 inches in length, the 2021 Spark can squeeze into small parking spots. Its shorter wheelbase also provides a well-balanced ride that can zip through traffic with swift lateral movements, which makes this hatchback very fun to drive.
2. Fuel-Sipping Engine
If you're shopping for a small hatchback, the 2021 Chevrolet Spark will impress you with its thrifty performance. All 2021 models use a 1.4L four-cylinder engine with front-wheel drive to return an EPA-estimated 30 mpg city and 38 mpg highway with the continuous variable transmission.1 If you choose the sporty ACTIV trim with the 1.4L and five-speed manual transmission, the 2021 Spark delivers an EPA-estimated 29 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway.1 For commuting or running errands, the Chevy Spark's fuel-frugal powertrain is a sensible way to get around town.
3. Bold Design
Available with two new-for-2021 exterior colors—Cayenne Orange and Mystic Blue—the 2021 Chevy Spark will ignite your senses with its bold design and stylish interior. A chrome-surround grille and a rear aero spoiler come standard on every model, while the 2LT also boasts chrome door handles and exterior trim details for added sophistication. If you prefer a sportier look, the 2021 Spark ACTIV has an athletic stance with a slightly raised suspension, black leatherette upholstery and color-coordinated accent stripes. 1LT and 2LT models also offer an available power-sliding sunroof with sunshade, so you can enjoy a fresh breeze on sunny days.
4. Innovative Infotainment
The 2021 Chevrolet Spark includes many infotainment features to enhance your time on the road. All trims come standard with a Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system with a seven-inch touchscreen display that provides seamless smartphone integration thanks to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities. Your passengers will also love the Spark's Bluetooth audio streaming abilities for up to two devices, as well as two illuminated USB ports to keep their devices charged. An available 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot is optional on every 2021 Chevy Spark, which provides internet access for up to seven devices.2 Whether dealing with rush hour congestion or long road trips, the 2021 Spark will keep you entertained and connected on your drive.
5. Helpful Driver Aids
All 2021 Chevy Sparks come standard with a rearview monitor and daytime running lamps, so you have good visibility whether reversing or driving through gloomy weather. The 2LT trim also includes a standard rear park assist system, which provides guidance when maneuvering into tight spots. For additional driver aids, the 2LT trim offers an optional Driver Confidence Package, which adds forward-collision alert, lane departure warning, and automatic emergency braking to the 2021 Spark. Other driver conveniences on the 2LT trim include keyless open and an available remote start system, which makes it easy to hop in and enjoy your drive.3
What You Need to Know
- LS: Includes 15-inch steel wheels, air conditioning, four-speaker audio system, Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system with seven-inch touchscreen display, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, and more.
- 1LT: Adds 15-inch silver-painted aluminum wheels, body-color mirrors, power windows, cruise control, six-speaker audio system, and more.
- ACTIV: Adds 15-inch gunmetal silver-painted aluminum wheels, roof rails, foglights, leatherette upholstery, heated front seats, and more.
- 2LT: Adds chrome exterior trim details, rear parking sensors, available forward collision alert, available lane departure warning, available automatic emergency braking, and more.
- Caribbean Blue (premium color)
- Cayenne Orange (premium color)
- Mosaic Black
- Mystic Blue (premium color)
- Nightfall Gray
- Passion Fruit
- Red Hot
- Silver Ice
- Summit White
- Toasted Marshmallow
- 11.1 cu-ft of trunk space
- Manual single-zone air conditioning
- Four cup holders
- Rear 60/40 split flip-and-fold seat
- Available power-sliding sunroof with sunshade (1LT and 2LT)
Average CarMax Prices
The 2021 Chevrolet Spark is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Chevrolet Spark.4
- 2013 — Average prices less than $9,5004
- 2014 — Average prices less than $10,0004
- 2015 — Average prices less than $10,5004
- 2016 — Average prices less than $11,0004
- 2017 — Average prices less than $11,5004
- 2018 — Average prices less than $12,0004
- 2019 — Average prices less than $12,5004
- 2020 — Average prices less than $13,5004
Similar Model Years
The 2021 Chevrolet Spark has not yet been rated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2021 Chevrolet Spark, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
If you're shopping for a small hatchback with a versatile interior that can carry passengers or larger items, the Honda Fit's cabin is full of possibilities. All 2017–2019 models come standard with a second-row Magic Seat® that allows you to configure the interior in many ways. In Tall Mode, the 60/40-split Magic Seat flips up to provide four feet of space from floor to ceiling to carry a bicycle, while Utility Mode folds the rear seat down to provide 52.7 cu-ft of cargo room. In Long Mode, the 2017–2019 Fit allows you to carry gear that's up to seven feet long by folding the front and rear passenger-side seats. Other cool conveniences in the 2017–2019 Fit include these features on the EX:
- One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Push-button start
- Honda Lane Watch™
- Multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines
Available in sedan and hatchback body styles, the Kia Rio is a subcompact with a fun-to-drive spirit. 2018–2019 models run off a 130-hp 1.6L four-cylinder engine with 119 lb-ft of torque, which delivers smile-inducing performance whether maneuvering around town or hitting the open road. With standard features like electronic stability control and vehicle stability management in the 2017–2019 Rio, you'll have the confidence you need to handle tricky driving situations. You'll also love this model's practical interior, which offers up to 32.8 cu-ft of cargo room in the 2018–2019 Rio hatchback. Standard features on the 2017–2019 Rio LX include:
- 15-inch steel wheels
- Air conditioning
- Height-adjustable driver seat
- USB port
- Four-speaker sound system
If you're after a subcompact with turbocharged performance, the Chevrolet Sonic is a small car with big power. Standard on all 2019 models, and included on 2017–2018 LT Sedan and Premier trims, the Sonic uses a 1.4L turbocharged four-cylinder engine to generate 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque. With good enthusiasm for merging or passing maneuvers, the 2019 Sonic's 1.4L is great on gas, too, with an EPA-estimated 31 mpg combined when equipped with the six-speed manual transmission.1 You'll also love the 2017–2019 Sonic's standard features, which include the following on the sporty Premier trim:
- 17-inch painted-aluminum wheels
- Keyless open
- Perforated leatherette upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Six-way power-adjustable driver seat
The Bottom Line
The 2021 Chevrolet Spark is a four-passenger hatchback with a compact footprint and fuel-sipping performance that's ideal for city living. Thanks to its bold design, innovative technologies, and stylish interior, the Spark is a welcome addition to any parking spot, especially yours!
Looking to learn more? Check out these related articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
2Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information
3Remote start functionality may require the purchase of a subscription plan and/or a compatible device like a smart phone. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
4Based on prices on carmax.com in from January 2, 2019 to June 4, 2020. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.