Used Ford Expedition EL for Sale
2017 Ford Expedition EL Limited
Free Shipping from CarMax Brandywine, MD
2016 Ford Expedition EL Platinum
Free Shipping from CarMax Charlottesville, VA
2017 Ford Expedition EL XLT
$99 Shipping from CarMax Harrisonburg, VA
2017 Ford Expedition EL Platinum
Free Shipping from CarMax Virginia Beach, VA
About the Ford Expedition EL
If you've got a large family with serious cargo storage needs, a full-size SUV like the Ford Expedition can be a sensible choice. On its own, the Expedition is one of the largest SUVs on the market—offering standard seating for eight passengers in its third (2007-2017) and fourth (2018-2020) generations.
But what if you're looking for even more space to stretch out and store your stuff? That's when you'll want to take a peek at the long-wheelbase version of the Expedition. Known as the Expedition EL, this massive SUV measures a full 15 inches longer than the traditional Expedition on its 2014-2017 models. On its 2017 model, this equates to a whopping 42.6 cubic feet of cargo space with all three rows intact—maxing out at an incredible 130.8 cubic feet with second and third rows folded down.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: What is the difference between the Ford Expedition EL and MAX?
A: The EL and MAX were originally synonymous and referred to the long-wheelbase version of the Expedition. Beginning in 2018, however, the EL distinction has been dropped and the long-wheelbase Expedition is referred to exclusively as the MAX.
Q: How much can a Ford Expedition EL tow?
A: Towing capacity can vary by model year, engine size, and other factors. However, the 2017 Ford Expedition EL can tow up to 9,200 pounds when properly equipped.1
Q: What engine is in a Ford Expedition EL?
A: For 2014, the Expedition EL is equipped with a 5.4L V8 engine. From 2015-2017, however, the Expedition EL receives a turbocharged 3.5L V6.
Q: What does EL mean for Ford Expedition?
A: "EL" stands for "Extended Length," referring to the additional 15 inches of length offered on Expedition EL models when compared to the standard Expedition.
1Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
Ford Expedition EL Trim Configurations
Like the traditional Ford Expedition, the Expedition EL is offered in four trim configurations from 2014 through 2017. The top-tier trim, Platinum, was introduced for the 2015 model year—as was a standard turbocharged 3.5L V6 at 365 hp that replaced the 2014 model's existing 5.4L V8 at 310 hp. Rear-wheel drive is also standard on every Ford Expedition EL, although a four-wheel drive system is optional.
Eight-passenger seating is also included on every Expedition EL model, but optional second-row captain's chairs do reduce seating capacity to seven.
The following trim features are based specifically on the 2017 Ford Expedition EL.
Expedition EL XLT
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Rearview camera and parking sensors
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- Bluetooth® connectivity
- Six-speaker sound system
Expedition EL Limited
- Larger 20-inch wheels
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Premium 12-speaker Sony sound system
- Heated front and second-row seats
- Automatic dual-zone climate control
Expedition EL King Ranch®
- Two-tone exterior paint scheme
- Blind-spot monitoring system
- Premium leather upholstery with wood interior accents
Expedition EL Platinum (2015-2017)
- Larger 22-inch polished aluminum wheels
- Wood interior accents
- Power-folding rear seats
Reviews for Ford Expedition EL
Extremely roomy perfect for a large family where everyone gets their own space. Mine has the optional captains chairs in the second row which are perfect for my kids and the third row is extremely roomy, the EL has so much more storage space and completely worth it! She rides very smooth and always looks great on the road. As always with a large oversized SUV gas mileage is not so great but if you can look beyond that you will absolutely love it!
- Ride and Handling: Smooth and very comfortable
- Interior Space: EL is so much bigger and tons of extra space!
- Technology and Entertainment: Very easy to use technology and if you want even more opt for the second row dvd entertainment so worth it!
- Fuel Economy: It’s not half bad considering I get better then some others but as always this is one area you need to consider
The perfect large SUV for a growing family
This is great car! We chose the Expedition EL because it was the only large SUV my husband could fit in. He's 6'8" tall. I'm 5'5" and am very comfortable driving it. We have one child now but would like to have more children and know this is a car we will love for a long time. The Limited version has so many super convenient features that we love - reclining 2nd row seats with seat heaters, power folding 3rd row and power lift gate. Awesome car!!
- Interior Space: Tons of room for cargo and for people! When we have more kids they won't even have to touch each other!
- Fuel Economy: Big car and uses a lot of gas. Noting unexpected.
A Real SUV, the 2013 Ford Expedition EL
If you need a real sized SUV, this is the way to go. The 2nd and 3rd row seating completely folds flat giving a great area to haul stuff, or very comfortable space for large 4-legged kids to ride in on long trips. I compared this and the Chev Suburban... the clincher was not having to take the seats out to get full use of cargo area. With the Expedition, You have the seats available when traveling if needed, but if you find a good deal.. you can simply lay all the seats down and put that large item in....
- Ride and Handling: Even though one of the biggest SUV's out there, it handles well, drives good and with all the sensors easy to park and not hit anything.
- Cabin Noise: Very quite, almost too quite... do not even know it is running. Going down the road the specail in glass antenna eliminates that wistle sound.
- Styling: Making me have one con... do not like the chrome accents.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.