Used Ford Expedition for Sale
2017 Ford Expedition Limited
$199 Shipping from CarMax Greensboro, NC
2017 Ford Expedition Limited
Coming soon to CarMax Lancaster, PA
About the Ford Expedition
For years, the Ford Expedition has staked its claim as one of the most popular vehicles in the large SUV market. Featuring powerful engine options, an exceptional amount of cargo space, and a roomy, comfortable interior, the Ford Expedition has all the makings of a large family SUV that is still a joy to drive. Starting with the 2018 model, the Ford Expedition entered into its fourth and most recent generation and was updated to include new engine options, new technology features, interior and exterior styling updates, and more. Today, used Ford Expedition models remain highly popular choices in the used large SUV market. If you are looking for a well-rounded large SUV that delivers in all of the key areas, purchasing a used Ford Expedition is an excellent option to consider.
Ford Expedition Trim Configurations
2015-2017 Ford Expedition Trim Configurations
The 2015-2017 Ford Expedition comes available in four different trim configurations. These trim configurations include:
- XLT - The base trim of the 2015-2017 Ford Expedition, the XLT trim features automatic climate control, a 4.2-inch color LCD display, a six-speaker audio system, a six-way power-adjustable driver's seat, and more.
- Limited - The Limited trim of the 2015-2017 Ford Expedition includes everything found on the XLT trim as well as heated and cooled front seats, heated second-row seats, an eight-inch color LCD touchscreen display, leather-trimmed seats, a Sony® premium audio system with a subwoofer, and more.
- King Ranch - The King Ranch trim of the 2015-2017 Ford expedition includes everything found on the Limited trim as well as a blind spot information system, a voice-activated navigation system, chrome side mirrors, King Ranch badging, and more.
- Platinum - The Platinum trim of the 2015-2017 Ford Expedition includes everything found on the King Ranch trim as well as a power moonroof, luxury leather-trimmed seats, chrome front tow hooks, Platinum badging, and more.
2018-2019 Ford Expedition Trim Configurations
The 2018-2019 Ford Expedition comes available in three different trim configurations. These trim configurations include:
- XLT - The base trim of the 2018-2019 Ford Expedition, the XLT trim features a 375 hp 3.5L Ecoboost V6 engine, an eight-inch LCD touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, tri-zone automatic climate control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, push-button start, and more.
- Limited - The Limited trim of the 2018-2019 Ford Expedition includes everything found on the XLT trim as well as a B&O® 12-speaker premium audio system, heated and cooled front seats, heated second-row seats, a forward sensing system, LED taillamps, and more.
- Platinum - The Platinum trim of the 2018-2019 Ford Expedition includes everything found on the XLT trim as well as a 400 hp 3.5L Ecoboost V6 Platinum Series engine, enhanced active noise control, genuine wood accents on the center console, leather door-trim accents, and more.
What engines are available in the Ford Expedition?
The 2015-2017 Ford Expedition comes equipped with a 365 hp 3.5L Ecoboost V6 engine. The 2018-2019 Ford Expedition can be equipped with either a 375 hp 3.5L Ecoboost V6 engine or a 400 hp 3.5L Ecoboost V6 Platinum Series engine.
Is the Ford Expedition aluminum?
The 2018-2019 Ford Expedition features an aluminum body. The fourth-generation Ford Expedition features a steel frame and an aluminum alloy body. This aluminum body is designed to reduce the weight of the vehicle.
Does Ford still make the Expedition?
Yes, the Ford Expedition is still in production. Ford began offering the Ford Expedition in 1996 and continues to produce new Ford Expedition models to this day. The 2019 Ford Expedition is the most recent model that Ford has released.
Is the Ford Expedition built on a truck frame?
The fourth-generation Ford Expedition features a fully redesigned frame. While Ford does not market the Ford Expedition as having a truck frame, the fourth-generation Ford Expedition's frame does share a lot in common with the frame used on the Ford F150 in terms of both dimensions and material composition.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
RepairPal gave the Ford Expedition an overall reliability rating of 3 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Average. This rating ranks the Ford Expedition 7th out of 14 among fullsize SUVs.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Ford Expedition is $861, compared to an average of $758 for fullsize SUVs and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Ford Expedition owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.2 times per year, compared to an average of 0.4 times for fullsize SUVs and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 15% for the Ford Expedition, compared to an average of 16% for fullsize SUVs and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for Ford Expedition
Love my expedition
I love the size of the vehicle and the convenience of it. This one does have some issues, but I’m used to Expeditions.
- Interior Space: I like how much room I have for people and things
- Technology and Entertainment: I like the upgraded features of the limited expedtion
- Seat Comfort: The seats are very comfortable
- Fuel Economy: I’m used to it, and I understand it... but I still wish it had better gas mileage
- Cost to Maintain: Again, I’m used to it and I understand...but still wish it was less
- Cabin Noise: A little noisy, but not so bad
10 Best Large SUVs for 2021: Ranked
10 Best Large SUVs for 2021: Ranked
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.