Used Mitsubishi Mirage for Sale
2019 Mitsubishi Mirage ES
Only available at CarMax Frederick, MD
2019 Mitsubishi Mirage ES
Free Shipping from CarMax Brandywine, MD
2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES
$99 Shipping from CarMax Newark, DE
2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES
Coming soon to CarMax Newark, DE
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage ES
Coming soon to CarMax Newark, DE
About the Mitsubishi Mirage
If you’re in the market for a compact hatchback sedan, you need to check out the Mitsubishi Mirage. The Mirage offers the excellent maneuverability and handling of a compact sedan with plenty of great features. Check out our overview of the 2014-2018 Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback to find out more about its unique features, Mitsubishi Mirage specs, and trim options available from one model year to the next.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
2014 - Present Mitsubishi Mirage Trim Configurations
Technically, the Mitsubishi Mirage is in its sixth generation of production—as it first debuted as Mitsubishi's three-door hatchback sedan back in 1978. Production of the Mirage was sporadic, however, with its fifth generation of production ending in 2003. The sixth generation of the Mitsubishi Mirage was first made available in North America for the 2014 model year—and not surprisingly, there were some significant changes and redesigns when compared to the previous generation that had last been sold in 2003.
For the 2014 model year, for instance, some standard features include automatic climate control and keyless entry. And in terms of Mitsubishi Mirage gas mileage, its 1.2-liter, three-cylinder engine with automatic transmission gets an estimated 39 mpg combined.1 For the Mitsubishi Mirage 2015, Mitsubishi did some refining by shortening the vehicle's radio antenna and adding some chrome features to the exterior. The ES trim saw some upgraded features, such as new upholstery and turn-signal repeaters on its side-view mirrors.
The Mitsubishi Mirage took a brief hiatus for the 2016 model year, but production picked back up for the Mitsubishi Mirage 2017. For this model year, there were notable changes that included redesigned headlights and taillights, a redesigned bumper, and different interior styling. From an engine standpoint, the horsepower on its 1.2-liter engine was ramped up slightly to 78 horsepower (compared to 74 horsepower previously). The 2017 model also offered new trim levels.
The Mitsubishi Mirage 2018 didn't see any significant changes or redesigns, though it does get some new standard features that include Bluetooth® connectivity, a seven-inch touchscreen, and a rearview camera. In terms of Mitsubishi Mirage mpg, fuel economy has remained pretty consistent over its several years of sixth-generation production; the 2018 Mirage with 1.2-liter base engine also gets an estimated 39 mpg combined—the same as its 2014 version.1
- DE - 14-inch steel wheels, power accessories, a rear spoiler, and keyless entry
- ES - upgraded alloy wheels, keyless entry/ignition, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, Bluetooth connectivity, and upgraded interior trim. The ES also has an optional Navigation package available
- ES - 14-inch steel wheels, power accessories, four-speaker sound system, and AUX input
- SE - upgraded alloy wheels, automatic climate control, 6.5-inch touchscreen interface, smartphone integration, and leather-wrapped steering wheel
- GT - larger 15-inch wheels, heated front seats, and upgraded headlights
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
RepairPal gave the Mitsubishi Mirage an overall reliability rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Excellent. This rating ranks the Mitsubishi Mirage 7th out of 21 among subcompact cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Mitsubishi Mirage is $457, compared to an average of $520 for subcompact cars and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Mitsubishi Mirage owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.1 times per year, compared to an average of 0.3 times for subcompact cars and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 9% for the Mitsubishi Mirage, compared to an average of 11% for subcompact cars and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for Mitsubishi Mirage
Love My Car
great gas mileage, comfortable, and very nice.
- Fuel Economy: great on gas
- Ride and Handling: easy to drive and handle
- Dashboard: I love the digital dash board
- Cargo Space: It is kind of small
- Power: Being a 3 cyl it takes time to speed up.
- Seat Comfort: Back seat is definitely not meant to have travelers
Nice little car, with great gas mileage and stylish
- Fuel Economy:
- Cabin Noise:
- Cargo Space:
- Weather Versatility:
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.