This performance sedan offers a luxury experience.
An all-new model for 2020, the Cadillac CT4 replaces the discontinued Cadillac ATS. This sport sedan offers an ideal combination of luxury and performance. It boasts a comfortable and spacious cabin with rich materials that create instant appeal for passengers, combined with powerful engines that will get your heart racing when you sit behind the wheel.
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Cadillac CT4 review:
Key Specs and Features
- The 2020 Cadillac CT4 Luxury, Premium Luxury, and Sport trims with the 2.0L engine get an EPA-estimated 27 mpg combined (rear-wheel drive) or 26 mpg combined (all-wheel drive).1
- The Premium Luxury trim with the 2.7L engine gets an EPA-estimated 24 mpg combined (rear-wheel drive) or 23 mpg combined (all-wheel drive).1
- The V-Series trim, which features the 2.7L engine, gets an EPA-estimated 23 mpg combined (rear-wheel or all-wheel drive).1
- 10.7 cubic feet
- Seats up to five
- 2.0L twin-scroll turbocharged four-cylinder engine generating 237 hp and 258 lb.-ft. of torque, paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission (Luxury, Premium Luxury, and Sport trims)
- 2.7L turbocharged four-cylinder with 310 hp and 350 lb.-ft. of torque, paired to a 10-speed automatic transmission (optional on the Premium Luxury trim)
- 2.7L turbocharged four-cylinder with 325 hp and 380 lb.-ft. of torque, paired to a 10-speed automatic transmission (V-Series trim)
- Super Cruise hands-free driving technology
- Automatic emergency braking, forward collision alert, front pedestrian braking, and safety alert seat (standard on all but the Luxury trim)
- OnStar® and Cadillac Connected Services® functionality2
- Eight-inch touchscreen and eight-speaker premium audio system
- Available 4G Wi-Fi hotspot and Bluetooth® connectivity2
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Super Cruise Driver-Assistance Technology
The Cadillac CT4 includes a wide array of driver-assistance technology. A long list of features is available starting with the Premium Luxury trim, including Super Cruise technology. Available beginning in the 2020 calendar year, this hands-free driving experience covers nearly 200,000 miles of roads in the United States and Canada. It uses a combination of GPS and map data to help you take the stress out of driving, especially on longer trips.
2. Luxurious Cabin
The Cadillac CT4 is a luxury car with an incredibly comfortable and relaxing cabin. Premium touches include a standard leather-wrapped steering wheel, dual-zone automatic climate control, and leatherette seating. The Premium Luxury trim adds leather seats; ambient lighting to set the mood; and memory settings for seats, mirrors, and the steering wheel. The trim-topping V-Series adds a four-way power lumbar for the driver and passenger, and a 14-speaker Bose® premium surround sound system. If you're looking for a luxury experience, the Cadillac CT4 delivers.
3. Turbocharged Engine Options4
No matter which trim of the Cadillac CT4 you choose, you'll get a powerful turbocharged engine. This makes riding in the CT4 an exhilarating experience for you as well as your passengers. Even the base trims of the CT4 have plenty of power to get your blood pumping, with the trim-topping V-Series offering a performance experience that will have you searching for the long way home.
4. Well-Equipped Trims
Every trim of the Cadillac CT4 is well appointed with a wide range of features to keep you connected and comfortable throughout the drive. From the base model all the way up, this luxury car provides an upscale experience for you and your passengers, with standard leatherette seating. The Cadillac CT4 is equipped with OnStar functionality, which, when activated, includes an available Wi-Fi hotspot.2 In any of the four trims of the Cadillac CT4, you'll revel in a premium driving experience.
5. Smooth, Quiet Ride
Part of what makes driving a luxury car so nice is the elegant, quiet ride it provides. While you're in the Cadillac CT4, the outside world is kept firmly outside, so you won't be bothered by exterior noise. The vehicle also provides a smooth ride, muting the bumps and dips of neglected pavement. In fact, the V-Series trim's standard magnetic ride control is designed to adjust to road conditions in just five milliseconds.
What You Need to Know
- Luxury: Includes keyless entry, eight-inch touchscreen, premium audio, OnStar functionality, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ capability, and more.2
- Premium Luxury: Adds leather seating, 18-inch wheels, automatic emergency braking, forward collision alert, front pedestrian braking, safety alert seat, and more.
- Sport: Features sport-bolstered front seats, alloy pedals, Brembo® performance brakes, magnesium paddle shifters, run-flat tires, and more.
- V-Series: Unlocks V logo badges, quad trapezoid exhaust tips, vehicle performance mode button, wireless charging, magnetic ride control, and more.
- Black Raven
- Crystal White Tricoat
- Dark Moon Metallic
- Evergreen Metallic
- Garnet Metallic (not available on V-Series)
- Red Obsession Tintcoat
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Shadow Metallic
- Summit White
- Velocity Red (V-Series only)
- Wave Metallic
- Seats up to five
- Eight-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability and two USB ports
- Leatherette seating on Luxury and V-Series trims; leather seating on Premium Luxury and Sport trims
- 12-way power adjustable driver seat and eight-way power adjustable front passenger seat
Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Cadillac CT4 is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. Pricing data for this model at CarMax is currently unavailable.
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Cadillac CT4, check out some previous model years of its predecessor with similar features.
If you're interested in the 2020 Cadillac CT4, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The Cadillac CT6 is a large luxury sedan with room for five passengers and an array of powerful engine options. For 2017 and 2018 models, the CT6 offers a 2.0L turbocharged direct-injected four-cylinder engine with 265 hp, 2.6L direct-injected V6 with 335 hp, 3.0L twin-turbo V6 with 404 hp, and a plug-in hybrid. Super Cruise hands-free driver-assistance technology was added for the 2018 model year. Engine options shuffled for 2019 with the introduction of the 4.2L V8 twin-turbo boasting 550 hp, and the discontinuation of the plug-in hybrid option.
For model years 2017-2019, the Cadillac CT6 includes:
- Standard rear-wheel drive with available all-wheel drive
- OnStar functionality with available 4G LTE connectivity and Wi-Fi hotspot2
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
The BMW 3-Series is a sporty luxury sedan available with either rear-wheel or all-wheel drive. The 2017 and 2018 model years provide a choice of three powerful engines paired to either an eight-speed automatic or a six-speed manual transmission. The BMW 3-Series entered its seventh generation in 2019, with a full redesign that showcases a revised exterior, a more luxurious and modern interior, and a new 2.0L four-cylinder engine with slightly more horsepower than the outgoing engine.
Standard features for 2017-2019 models include:
- 17-inch wheels
- Rearview camera
- 13 cubic feet of cargo space
- BMW iDrive infotainment system
The Lexus IS sedan boasts an upscale interior, multiple engine options, and either rear-wheel or all-wheel drive. It offers a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 241 hp or a 3.5L V6 engine with either 244 hp or 306 hp (depending on the trim). Starting with the 2018 model year, both variants of the 3.5L engine get a boost of five hp.
On 2017-2019 models, the following features are standard:
- Rear-wheel drive
- 10.3-inch infotainment screen
- Aggressive styling on the F-Sport trim
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Cadillac CT4 is an attractive and well-equipped luxury sedan. From powerful engine options to a posh interior, the CT4 offers a premium experience, with four trims to suit a variety of tastes. You're sure to enjoy your time behind the wheel or lounging in the passenger seat of the 2020 Cadillac CT4.
Looking to learn more? Take a look at these related resources:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
2OnStar features require activation and most require a paid OnStar plan to use. Wi-Fi hotspot functionality may also require an additional data plan. Limitations and restrictions apply. See onstar.com for more information.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.