Off-road fun and a whole lot more!
The 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel is a full-size, half-ton truck with off-road style and tons of standard features and options. The Ram 1500 has been continually evolving for generations, and the Rebel trim level was launched in 2015. The 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel (part of the new-for-2019 fifth generation) offers an amazing mix of technology and standard features in a cool off-road package.
This Ram 1500 Rebel review will give you all the key information on the 2020 version of this popular crossover:
Key Specs & Features
- The 4WD 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel, when equipped with the standard 3.6L engine and an automatic transmission, gets an EPA-estimated 21 mpg combined (22 mpg with 2WD).1
- The optional 3.0L turbodiesel with 4WD gets an EPA-estimated 24 mpg combined (26 mpg with 2WD).1
- The optional 5.7L V8 with 4WD gets an EPA-estimated 17 mpg combined.1
- The optional mild hybrid 5.7L V8 with eTorque and 4WD gets an EPA-estimated 19 mpg combined.1
- 6'4" Box: 61.5 cubic feet
- 5'7" Box: 53.9 cubic feet
- Crew Cab configuration: 132 cubic feet
- Quad Cab configuration: 117 cubic feet
- The 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel has a towing capacity of an estimated 6,460 lbs. with the 3.6L V6, when properly equipped.2
- An estimated 9,960 lbs. with the optional 3.0L turbodiesel, when properly equipped.2
- An estimated 11,500 lbs. with the optional 5.7L V8, when properly equipped.2
- An estimated 11,400 lbs. with the optional eTorque V8, when properly equipped.2
- Total seating is five passengers across all configurations
- 305-horsepower 3.6L Pentastar® V6 with eTorque (standard)
- 260-horsepower 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 (optional)
- 395-horsepower 5.7L Hemi® V8 (optional)
- 395-horsepower 5.7L Hemi V8 with eTorque (optional)
- Five-inch Uconnect® infotainment system
- Push-button starter
- Available Wi-Fi hotspot3
- Six-speaker stereo system
- Bluetooth® connectivity
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Outdoor-Focused Features
The Rebel's rough-and-tumble looks aren't just skin-deep. With big wheels, a locking rear differential, and upgraded off-road-focused suspension, the 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel is a great choice if you want to go off the beaten path. You'll also get cool, outdoor-focused features like LED exterior lighting and a slow-release tailgate.
2. Truckload of Tech
The Ram 1500 Rebel has large touchscreens available to suit your needs, from the base seven-inch infotainment system to the optional 8.4-inch or 12-inch touchscreen. With the Uconnect system, you can enjoy connectivity, entertainment, navigation, and communication features. You can also enjoy optional Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ connectivity, plus optional audio systems from Alpine® and Harman Kardon.® The Ram 1500 Rebel can bring the tunes to your next outdoor adventure.
3. Ample Room for Your Gear
The 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel gives you big-truck towing capacity, with the ability to haul up to an estimated 11,500 lbs. with the optional V8, when properly equipped.2 You also get loads of room inside, with up to 132 cubic feet of interior space in the Crew Cab configuration. That means you can bring your whole crew, a boat, and all the proper gear for your next camping trip or weekend excursion.
4. Plenty of Power
The Rebel boasts four engine options, including a base V6, a big V8, and more. You can choose from the standard 305-horsepower 3.6L V6, or you can opt for the 260-horsepower 3.0L turbodiesel, a 395-horsepower 5.7L V8, or the 395-horsepower 5.7L V8 with eTorque. The last engine is a mild hybrid setup, which delivers strong power and gets an EPA-estimated 19 mpg combined.1
5. Standout Styling
The Rebel is no shrinking violet. This truck boasts over-the-top exterior styling, including a unique grille, sport performance hood, powder-coated bumpers, LED headlamps and taillamps with black bezels, LED fog lamps, black wheel flares, a unique Ram scripted aluminum tailgate, and black dual exhaust (included with optional HEMI V8 engines). An optional decal package features "REBEL" emblazoned across the side and hood.
What You Need to Know
The 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel is a trim level, one of seven available on the 2020 Ram 1500.
- Rebel: Includes 18-inch wheels, locking differential, off-road suspension, seven-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability, LED fog lamps, 60/40 rear split-bench seat, driver-assistance features, and more.
- Billet Silver
- Bright White
- Diamond Black Crystal
- Flame Red
- Granite Crystal
- Hydro Blue
- Maximum Steel
- 12-way power driver seat with four-way power lumbar
- Vinyl/cloth bucket seats with tire-tread pattern
- Full-length reconfigurable center console
- 60/40 rear split-bench seat
- 115-volt outlet and three USB ports
Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel is a newer model and we current have a limited number in our inventory. Pricing data for this model at CarMax is currently unavailable. See below to learn more about previous model years.
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
Safety and Reliability
NHTSA Safety Ratings - 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel
The 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel was not rated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
If you're interested in the Ram 1500 Rebel, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
Size-wise, the Ram 2500 fits right in the middle of the Ram pickup truck lineup. The 2018 Ram 2500 is powered by a 383-horsepower 5.7L V8, with a 6.4L V8 with 410 horsepower also available. The 2019 model was fully redesigned and is 143 pounds lighter than the 2018 model. It comes with a standard 6.4L V8 with 410 horsepower and 429 lb.-ft. of torque. Standard features on the base 2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman include:
- Automatic headlights
- ParkView® rearview monitor
- Class V hitch receiver
- Uconnect five-inch display
- Vinyl upholstery
The Ram 3500 is a heavy-duty truck and sits atop the Ram pickup lineup as the largest available non-commercial option. For 2017-2018, the base engine is a 5.7L Hemi V8 with 383 hp, or you can opt for a 6.4L Hemi V8 that produces 410 hp or a 6.7L turbodiesel six-cylinder engine that produces 350 horsepower and 660 lb.-ft. of torque. The Ram 3500 was completely refreshed for 2019, offering five great trims. Standard features on the base 2019 Ram 3500 base Tradesman include:
- 3.5-inch driver information display
- Five-inch touchscreen interface with Bluetooth and USB connectivity
- 18-inch steel wheels
- Locking tailgate
- 40/20/40 split front bench
The Ram 1500 is a full-size, half-ton truck that has been around for decades. The fourth generation (2016-2018) is a great choice, providing a ton of standard features and options. The fifth generation (2019 to present) also offers an amazing mix of technology and standard features. Featuring a lighter chassis and a variety of engines, including a mild hybrid system, the 2019 Ram 1500 has six great trims. The 2019 Tradesman trim comes with standard features like:
- Vinyl 40/20/40 split front bench
- Uconnect system with five-inch display
- USB port
- Quad-halogen headlamps
- 18-inch steel wheels
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel is a super cool, off-road-focused truck. Whether you're driving your daily commute, exploring a muddy trail, or off on a camping adventure, you can't go wrong with the Ram 1500 Rebel. Looking to learn more about the Ram 1500 Rebel and similar vehicles? Check out these related resources:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
3Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.