A luxurious and capable full-size SUV.
The 2020 Infiniti QX80 is a full-size, three-row SUV that will pamper your passengers with a luxurious interior that's brimming with features and plenty of stretch-out space. With standard seating for seven occupants in second-row captain's chairs—or eight passengers with the available second-row bench—you'll have room to carpool friends and family in the 2020 QX80. On the weekend, this SUV converts into the ultimate getaway vehicle, with generous cargo space for luggage and potent engine power.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Infiniti QX80s on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Infiniti QX80 with similar features.
Below are average prices of prior model year Infiniti QX80s.
- 2015 – Average prices less than $33,5001
- 2016 – Average prices less than $37,5001
- 2017 – Average prices less than $39,5001
- 2018 – Average prices less than $43,0001
- 2019 – Average prices less than $46,5001
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Infiniti QX80 review:
Key Specs and Features
- The 2020 Infiniti QX80 with 2WD and the 5.6L engine with automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 16 mpg combined.2
- The 2020 Infiniti QX80 with 4WD and the 5.6L engine with automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 15 mpg combined.2
- 16.6 cubic feet behind the third row
- 49.6 cubic feet with the third row folded
- 95.1 cubic feet with the second and third rows folded
- Infiniti QX80 towing capacity is an estimated 8,500 lbs. with the 5.6L V8 on 2020 models, when properly equipped.3
- Seven passengers with standard second-row captain's chairs
- Eight passengers with the available second-row Split Bench Seating Package
- 5.6L V8 engine producing 400 hp and 418 lb.-ft. of torque
- Infiniti InTouch™ dual-display system with eight-inch upper and seven-inch lower touchscreen displays
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Navigation with lane guidance and 3D building graphics
- Rear door alert system
- Forward-collision warning with automatic emergency braking
The Infiniti QX80 has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. BIG ENGINE PERFORMANCE
If you're looking for a three-row, body-on-frame SUV that can haul your crew, cargo, and camper, the QX80 is up to the task. All 2020 models run off a 5.6L V8 that generates 400 hp and 413 lb.-ft. of torque, delivering the muscle you need whether passing on the highway or pulling equipment. A seven-speed automatic transmission comes standard with the choice of rear- or four-wheel drive on the Luxe trim or four-wheel drive on the Limited trim. With the 5.6L V8, the 2020 QX80 can tow an estimated 8,500 lbs. when properly equipped, so you can pull heavier loads with confidence.3
2. CRUISING COMFORT
Whether you're going downtown or out of town, the 2020 QX80's comfortable and quiet interior is a nice way to travel. Every 2020 model features soft leather-appointed seating with a standard 10-way power driver seat and an eight-way power passenger seat. Heated front seats are standard on the Luxe trim; the Limited trim includes heated and cooled front seats for added luxury. The QX80's comfort also extends to its ride. The 2020 model uses a fully independent double-wishbone suspension with twin-tube shock absorbers, designed to provide a taut yet smooth experience on busy highways as well as rural roads.
3. GENEROUS CABIN SPACE
With standard seating for seven passengers in the 2020 QX80's second-row captain's chairs, this SUV is an excellent choice if you have a large crowd to carry. If you need even more space, the available second-row Split Bench Seating Package bumps capacity to eight passengers. By folding the third row, you'll have access to 49.6 cubic feet of storage, which can hold four large suitcases or a stroller and a load of groceries, or you can have 16.6 cubic feet at your disposal with all rows in place. Taller passengers will enjoy 41 inches of legroom and 63.5 inches of shoulder room in the second row, while the third row offers 28.8 inches of stretch-out space.
4. BOLD EXTERIOR STYLING
Craving an SUV to match your bold personality? The 2020 Infiniti QX80 has a commanding presence with a strong aesthetic and stylish good looks. With its tall stature and wide stance, the QX80's powerful exterior reflects the SUV's can-do attitude, while design details like the double-arch front grille and signature headlamps evoke elegance. Luxe models ride on 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with a dark silver finish; the Limited trim adds 22-inch dark-finished forged aluminum-alloy wheels.
5. PLENTY OF TECH FEATURES
The QX80 includes a host of infotainment and driver-assistance features to help you stay connected and stress-free during your commute. All 2020 models come standard with the Infiniti InTouch system with dual screens that use touch and voice controls to adjust the cabin environment or personalize your driving characteristics. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration are also standard on all 2020 QX80 models. The standard navigation system includes lane guidance and 3D building graphics to help you find your way. Driver aids such as the Around View® monitor with moving object detection, lane departure warning and blind-spot warning, come standard on the 2020 QX80. Additional driver aids, such as adaptive cruise control and distance control assistance, are available with the ProAssist Package.
What You Need to Know
- Luxe: Includes power 60/40 split-fold flat and reclining third-row seats, Infiniti InTouch dual-display system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability, and more.
- Limited: Adds stainless-steel running board caps, satin chrome roof rails and crossbars, heated and cooled front seats, two-tone semi-aniline leather and Alcantara® seats, and more.
- Anthracite Gray (Limited trim only)
- Black Obsidian
- Champagne Quartz
- Coulis Red
- Graphite Shadow
- Hermosa Blue
- Liquid Platinum
- Mineral Black
- Moonstone White
- Infotainment system with dual touchscreens, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability, navigation, and more
- 16.6 cubic feet of cargo volume with all rows in place
- Around View monitor with moving object detection
- Bose® 13-speaker premium sound system
- Second-row captain's chairs (second-row bench seat is available)
Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Infiniti QX80 is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Infiniti QX80.
- 2015 - Average prices less than $33,5001
- 2016 - Average prices less than $37,5001
- 2017 - Average prices less than $39,5001
- 2018 - Average prices less than $43,0001
- 2019 - Average prices less than $46,5001
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Infiniti QX80, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
NHTSA Safety Ratings - 2020 Infiniti QX80
The 2020 Infiniti QX80 was rated overall 4/4 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Infiniti QX80, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
If you're looking for a luxury crossover SUV, the QX50 will lure you in with its striking styling and premium features, and impress you with its responsive handling and on-road manners. The QX50 was redesigned in 2018 and released as a 2019 model, sporting sleek dimensions, a premium interior, and a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder that puts out 268 hp and 280 lb.-ft. of torque. You might also enjoy the gutsy 2017 QX50 with a 3.7L V6 that makes 325 hp and 267 lb.-ft. of torque.
The 2019 QX50 Luxe trim includes these standard features:
- 19-inch silver-painted aluminum-alloy wheels
- Leatherette-appointed seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters
- Dual-zone automatic temperature control with rear seat vents
- Infiniti InTouch dual-display infotainment system
The Lexus LX is a multifunctional, full-size SUV that can transition from city commuting to weekend adventuring quite seamlessly. 2017-2019 models use a 5.7L V8 that throws down 383 hp and 403 lb.-ft. of torque and can tow an estimated 7,000 lbs. when properly equipped.3
This single-trim luxury SUV also includes these standard features (2017-2019 models):
- Running boards with integrated courtesy light
- Power moonroof
- Leather-trimmed seating
- Four-zone climate control system
- Nine-speaker premium sound system
The Cadillac Escalade is a larger-than-life luxury SUV with bold styling, power, and a full-size interior that can carry seven or eight passengers, depending on the configuration. With a 420-hp 6.2L V8 engine with 460 lb.-ft. of torque in 2017-2019 models, the Escalade can tow an estimated 8,300 lbs. when properly equipped—plenty of grunt to pull your trailer to the campsite.3 Inside the SUV, you'll have room to carry luggage and equipment with 51.6 cubic feet of volume by folding the third row, or 15.2 cubic feet with all rows in place (2017-2019 models).
The 2017-2019 Escalade Platinum comes with these standard features:
- Power-retracting side steps
- Power-adjustable front seats with massaging function
- Premium leather upholstery
- Wireless charging
- Dual rear entertainment screens
The Bottom Line
The QX80 blends capable engine performance with a gentle ride for one luxurious full-size SUV that's suitable for trips both long and short. Whether you need a seven- or eight-passenger vehicle with excellent cargo room and interior space for weekend road trips or a confident carpooler to keep up with your busy schedule, the 2020 Infiniti QX80 interior is quick to adapt to your lifestyle and activities.
Take a look at these related articles for more inspiration:
1Based on prices on carmax.com in December 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
3Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
4RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of December 1, 2019. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.