Good looks plus a comfortable cabin.
Loaded with the latest driver-assist technology, the 2020 Nissan Altima features a muscle-car appearance with a chiseled hood, low profile, and wide stance. Whether you're on the go for business or heading out on the town, this four-door sedan will turn heads.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Nissan Altimas on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Nissan Altima with similar features.
Below are average prices for prior model years of the Nissan Altima at CarMax.1
- 2019 - Average prices less than $21,0001
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Nissan Altima review:
2020 Nissan Altima: Key Specs and Features
- The 2020 Nissan Altima with FWD and the 2.5L engine with automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 32 mpg combined.2
- 15.4 cubic feet of trunk volume
- 60/40-split rear seats
- Five passengers
- The standard model offers a 2.5L four-cylinder Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG) engine producing 188 hp and 180 pound-feet of torque.
- SR and Platinum trims feature a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine outputting 248 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque.
- Driver-assistance features
- Navigation system
- Satellite radio
- Two USB ports
The Nissan Altima has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Advanced Technology Features
The 2020 Nissan Altima is a business traveler's dream with integration for both Apple and Android devices as well as a touchscreen and voice-activated navigation system. You'll also enjoy the available remote-access features through Nissan Connect® that will allow you to lock and unlock the doors, start and stop the engine, and have the ability to sound the horn or flash the lights to find the vehicle in a large parking area.3 The 2020 Nissan Altima also features a rearview camera and pre-collision warning as standard.
2. Attention to Comfort
The intelligent climate-control system in the 2020 Nissan Altima (SV models) monitors the weather so it can adjust the temperature inside the vehicle to maximize your comfort level. This might include turning on the heated front seats on a chilly day or activating the heated steering wheel when you select the remote-start option on a cold night. The 2020 Nissan Altima also includes an available dual-zone heating and cooling system so passengers in the backseat can choose a different temperature than those at the front of the car.
3. Ample Family Seating
The cozy Zero Gravity seats can keep up to five passengers comfortable in the 2020 Nissan Altima. Occupants appreciate the 44.1 inches of front legroom and 35.1 inches of backseat legroom. You'll also find two sets of LATCH connectors in the rear outer seats and an upper tether in the center seat to secure child seats. Got luggage for a family trip? Toss it in the 15.4-cubic-foot trunk.
4. Available All-Wheel Drive
If power to all four wheels is what you're looking for in a midsize sedan then the Altima is the one for you. Not only does AWD give you extra confidence in a range of weather conditions but it's also a lot of fun. That extra grip comes in handy when you're cornering or putting the power down to pass on the highway. Please note that while AWD is available on all trims, it isn't available with the optional turbocharged engine.
5. Engine Options
Sports-car enthusiasts can upgrade to a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine with a continuously variable transmission (CVT)—and that translates to speed. The 2020 Nissan Altima with a turbocharged engine can accelerate from zero to 60 in 5.9 seconds (according to the manufacturer, when new), making it ideal for business travelers or weekend getaway enthusiasts who do frequent highway lane changes and on-ramp merging.
What You Need to Know
2020 Nissan Altima: Available Trims
- S: Power-adjustable driver seat, 60/40-split-folding rear seat, rearview camera, front-collision warning, automatic emergency braking, push-button start, infotainment system with touchscreen, two USB inputs, Bluetooth® phone connectivity and audio streaming, Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™, and more
- SR: Sportier suspension system, transmission paddle shifters, blind-spot monitoring, lane-departure warning, rear parking sensors
- SV: Noise-reducing side windows, heated front seats, intelligent climate control, adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist
- SL: Leather seats, navigation system, Bose® nine-speaker audio system
- Platinum: 19-inch wheels, 360-degree camera, ambient cabin lighting
2020 Nissan Altima: Available Colors
- Brilliant Silver Metallic (available on all trims)
- Deep Blue Pearl (available on S and SR trims)
- Glacier White (available on S trim only)
- Gun Metallic (available on all trims)
- Pearl White Tricoat (available on SR, SV, SL, and Platinum trims)
- Scarlet Ember Tintcoat (available on SR, SV, SL, and Platinum trims)
- Storm Blue (available on SV, SL and Platinum trims)
- Sunset Drift Chromaflair® (available on SR trim)
- Super Black (available on all trims)
2020 Nissan Altima: Interior
- Infotainment system, featuring satellite radio, two USB ports, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and more
- 15.4 cubic feet of trunk space
- Rearview camera
- Push-button start
- 60/40-split-folding rear seat
2020 Nissan Altima: Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Nissan Altima is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Nissan Altima.
- 2019 - Average prices less than $21,0001
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Nissan Altima, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
Safety and Reliability
RepairPal® Reliability Ratings for the Nissan Altima4
The 2020 Nissan Altima is a newer model and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. You may also consider other used Nissan Altimas with similar features. Below are RepairPal reliability ratings for prior model years of the Nissan Altima.
- Overall RepairPal Reliability Rating - 4.0/5.0
- Average annual cost of unscheduled repairs and maintenance: $483.00
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010–2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features. Learn more at www.carmax.com/repairpal-reliability.
The 2020 Nissan Altima received an overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Nissan Altima, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The mid-size 2017 Nissan Maxima is a sedan with style. The edgy sloped hood gives this commuter-turned-family car a sporty feel, paired with a robust V6 engine and seating for five. Drivers enjoy the well-equipped infotainment system that comes with Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth connectivity as standard. The 2017 model also features the following as standard:
- Two USB ports
- Dual-zone climate control
- Remote start
- Navigation system
The subcompact 2018 Nissan Versa is ideal for road-tripping families with its ample legroom, large trunk, and seating for five. When it comes to technology, you'll find a seven-inch touchscreen in the cabin and a rearview camera to assist with back-up maneuvers. Look for these standard features in the 2018 model:
- 1.6L four-cylinder engine
- Five-speed manual transmission
- Cloth seats
- Four-speaker stereo
The popular 2019 Toyota Camry sedan is known as a fun drive thanks to its low center of gravity and double-wishbone rear suspension. This vehicle comes with three powertrain options, including a four-cylinder, V6, and hybrid. Tech-users will enjoy the USB port(s) and touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth. 2019 models include these features as standard:
- Automatic transmission
- Six-way adjustable front seats
- Rearview camera
- Six-speaker AM/FM audio system
The Bottom Line
Whether you're looking for a ride that gets noticed on a night out or can comfortably fit the family on a weekend road trip, the 2020 Nissan Altima won't disappoint. Buyers looking for a midsize car with plenty of space and loaded with tech features and sleek styling will love the Altima.
To learn more about cars in this class, check out these related articles:
1Based on CarMax average prices between August 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
3Activation with subscription required.
4RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.