A one-of-a-kind pickup with excellent features and performance.
The Honda Ridgeline is a pickup that’s ready for adventure. First coming onto the market in 2006, the Honda Ridgeline has remained a very popular truck for those who want a well-rounded vehicles that differs in terms of both design and performance. To learn more about the many features and specs of the second generation Honda Ridgeline (2017-present), check out our Honda Ridgeline review below.
- 5th - Best Small Trucks
- 10th - Best Full-Size Trucks
Key Specs and Features
- The 2017 Honda Ridgeline gets an EPA estimated 22 mpg combined city/highway when equipped with a 3.5L V6 engine and an automatic transmission.1
- The 2017-2019 Honda Ridgeline models comes equipped with a 3.5L i-VTEC® V6 engine that delivers 280 hp.
- The 2017-2019 Honda Ridgeline has a towing capacity of 5,000 pound when properly equipped.2
- The 2017-2019 Honda Ridgeline comes standard with push-button start.
- The 2017-2019 Honda Ridgeline comes standard with a 4.2 inch multi-information display.
- The 2017-2019 Honda Ridgeline comes standard with a multi-angle rear view camera with guidelines.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. A Smooth Ride
While most pickup trucks come standard with rear-wheel drive and are offered in four-wheel drive, the Honda Ridgeline comes standard with front-wheel drive and is offered in all-wheel drive. This means that the Ridgeline handles more like a crossover SUV or a car than a pickup truck. If you are looking for a pickup that feels like riding on air, the ride and handling of the Honda Ridgeline is likely one of the smoothest you’ll find.
2. A Versatile Bed
The bed of the Honda Ridgeline comes with several useful features. These features include a dual-action tailgate as well as an in-bed trunk with a built-in drain that allows you to use the trunk as a cooler. On upper trims of the most recent generation, the bed of the Honda Ridgeline is also equipped with in-bed speakers that enable you to turn your truck into an impressive outdoor audio system.
3. Quick, Punchy Acceleration
The 2017-2019 Honda Ridgeline offers a .5L V6 engine delivering 280 hp. While the Ridgeline is plenty capable for towing, this engine is largely designed for quick acceleration. If you want a little extra speed and acceleration out of your pickup truck, you can't go wrong with the Honda Ridgeline.
4. A Premium Cabin
The cabin of the Honda Ridgeline is both spacious and well-designed. Thanks to premium materials, useful tech features, and an eye-catching interior design that makes the most of the available space, the Honda Ridgeline's cabin stands out. The result is one of the nicest cabins you will find in the pickup truck class.
5. A Wide Range of Technology Features
The Honda Ridgeline comes with a wide range of both standard and available features. On the 2018 Honda Ridgeline, for example, you can look forward to standard features such as push-button start, truck-bed lights, a 4.2-inch multi-information display, and much more.
What You Need to Know
Honda Ridgeline CarMax Prices3
- 2014-2017: Average CarMax price less than $31,000.
- 2018: Average CarMax price less than $37,000.
2018 Honda Ridgeline Models & Trim Levels
The 2018 Honda Ridgeline comes available in six different trim levels. These trim levels are:
- RT - The base trim of the 2018 Honda Ridgeline, the RT trim features push-button start, a multi-angle rear view camera with guidelines, a 4.2-inch multi-information display, and more!
- Sport - The Sport trim of the 2018 Honda Ridgeline features everything found on the RT trim as well as remote engine start, Intelligent Variable Torque Management™, tri-zone automatic climate control, and more!
- RTL - The RTL trim of the 2018 Honda Ridgeline features everything found on the Sport trim as well as heated front seats, a leather-trimmed interior, an acoustic windshield, and more!
- RTL-T - The RTL-T trim of the 2018 Honda Ridgeline features everything found on the RTL trim as well as Honda LaneWatch™, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, LED daytime running lights, and more!
- RTL-E - The RTL-E trim of the 2018 Honda Ridgeline features everything found on the RTL-T trim as well as a truck-bed audio system, a one-touch power moonroof, a heated steering wheel, and more!
- Black Edition - The Black Edition trim of the 2018 Honda Ridgeline features everything found on the RTL-E trim as well as Black Edition badging, red ambient LED lighting, gloss black door handles, Crystal Black Pearl paint, and more!
Honda Ridgeline Interior and Exterior
Honda Ridgeline Seating Capacity
The Honda Ridgeline is a two-door pickup truck that is capable of seating up to five passengers.
Honda Ridgeline Cargo Space
The 2018 Honda Ridgeline features a 64-inch bed (with the tailgate up) and an in-bed trunk that offers 7.3 cubic feet of cargo space.
Honda Ridgeline Colors
The 2018 Honda Ridgeline comes in seven color options. These color options include:
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Deep Scarlet Pearl
- Forrest Mist Metallic
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Modern Steel Metallic
- Obsidian Blue Pearl
- White Diamond Pearl
Honda Ridgeline Engine & Transmission
The 2018 Honda Ridgeline comes equipped with a 280 hp 3.5L V6 engine that is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission.
Years in Review
2013 Honda Ridgeline - The 2013 Honda Ridgeline was released during the midway point of the vehicle's first generation. This model features a 250 hp 3.5L V6 engine, convenient cargo features, and a smooth, sedan-like ride.
2014 Honda Ridgeline - No major changes were made to the 2014 Honda Ridgeline, save for the addition of a Special Edition (SE) trim.
2017 Honda Ridgeline - After two years of being off the market, in 2017 a new generation was introduced and the Honda Ridgeline was fully redesigned to feature a new engine, new interior and exterior styling, a redesigned bed and tailgate, new technology features, and much more.
2018 Honda Ridgeline - No major changes were made to the 2018 Honda Ridgeline, though the RTS trim was eliminated starting with the 2018 model.
The Honda Ridgeline is a well-rounded, versatile pickup truck that is most highly praised for its smooth ride and quick acceleration. However, both the styling and technology options found on the Honda Ridgeline are certainly worth noting. If you are looking for a capable and versatile pickup that stands out from the crowd, the Honda Ridgeline is a great truck to consider. Looking to learn more about the Honda Ridgeline? Check out these related resources:
1 Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2 Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
3 Based on CarMax average prices between August 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.