Used 2014 Chevrolet Volt for Sale
2014 Chevrolet Volt
$199 Shipping from CarMax Fayetteville, NC
2014 Chevrolet Volt
$599 Shipping from CarMax Des Moines, IA
2014 Chevrolet Volt
Coming soon to CarMax Clackamas, OR
About the 2014 Chevrolet Volt
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration's independent crash tests help you make informed decisions about vehicle safety. NHTSA's 5-Star Safety Ratings give consumers insights into how vehicles perform in crash tests, with more stars equaling higher safety ratings. Here are the ratings for the 2014 Chevrolet Volt. Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Visit nhtsa.gov/recalls to look up a specific vehicle.
Reviews for 2014 Chevrolet Volt
I LOVE MY VOLT
I bought my 2014 VOLT from CarMax... I absolutely love this car. Since I have mostly short trips and commuting, I am getting 200+ MPG. However, to get this economy you don't give up anything... it is LOADED with features, runs great and it is FUN to drive... very sporty and fast. Also, because it has the gas backup, you never have to worry about running out of juice... You can use this for daily commuting or take it cross country... Plus, there aren't that many on the road, so you will have a unique car that isn't a "me too" copycat car.
- Fuel Economy: If you go 40 miles or less per day in commuting or running around, you can go months without filling the 9 gallon tank. But, if you run low on battery, the gas motor kicks on and you can go anywhere.. no need to worry about recharging.
- Ride and Handling: Fast and sporty.. yet economical.
- Technology and Entertainment: My model is loaded with XM radio, navigation, OnStar, heated seats, weather, traffic, and even local movie listings, right at your fingertips.
great car at good price
Loved the hatch back feel while still keeping the sleek look. I had a station wagon-Ford Focus and missed the ability to haul my findings at curb or flea markets :) I can roam around town and only need to charge every couple days. Haven't been to a gas station in a long time. :) I do the trickle charge at night and there is a slight rise in electric use.
- Dashboard: Shows me when I am putting power back into battery.
- Cost to Maintain: Since I'm not using gas much my cost is very low. We use my husband's Ford Fusion hybrid for long trips. Although I have used my car for long trips, too. I have to use premium, but don't have to fill up too much cause it goes back and forth between gas and electric after the first 40 miles of electric are used up.
- Cargo Space: Back seats go down for deeper storage when hauling.
- Cabin Noise: Some noise when the car is going down hill and the regen battery along with gas is on.
- Fuel Economy: after reading the book, I realized I have to use premium gas. Not a problem cause 95% of the time I stay on electric bopping around town 5-10 mile radius for errands.
- Technology and Entertainment: Voice commands on Blue tooth don't always understand your command, but that is a problem with all Bluetooth command systems that I experienced.
Best car I've ever owned
I also own a Toyota Prius and while it's a great car, the Volt has been just as reliable thus far, much cheaper to drive (almost no gas), and a LOT more fun to drive.
- Ride and Handling: It drives like a sports sedan, especially in Sport mode.
- Fuel Economy: If you have a short daily commute, you won't use much gas. I live 6 miles from work and I have to run the gas engine approximately once every two weeks.
- Value: These make a great used car because their price drops like a rock. I think it's because people are afraid of used electric cars. Mine was over $50K originally and I paid $15K at Carmax 3 years later. It has every option like leather, premium navigation, remote starting via the OnStar app, etc.
- Interior Space: Has room for 4 people, not 5, and the back seat is cramped.
- Visibility: It's low to the ground which is good for handling but not as good for visibility. Also the C pillar is large.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.