Used 2015 Kia Optima for Sale
2015 Kia Optima EX
Coming soon to CarMax Capital Boulevard, NC
About the 2015 Kia Optima
With a sleek exterior and inspiring performance, the 2015 Kia Optima aims to turn your commutes into exciting experiences. You’ll feel like you’re behind the wheel of a sports car rather than a midsize sedan, and your family will be thrilled at the spacious interior that is replete with luxurious touches. Leather seating and a panoramic sunroof that stretches over both rows elevates your road experience, and the 2015 Optima offers a suite of high-tech amenities that protect, inform, and entertain. Be sure to check out the Kia Optima when you’re choosing a sedan for your next vehicle purchase.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: What trims are available for the 2015 Kia Optima?
A: The 2015 Kia Optima is available in five trim levels:
- LX: This introduction to the trim line powers your runs with a 2.4L four-cylinder that steadies the ride using high-performance dampers. The Clean Tex seat upholstery stands out for its sturdiness and easy cleaning. You can power-customize you driver’s seat in up to eight ways, including power lumbar support.
- EX: Upgrading the seat trim, the steering wheel, and the gearshift knob is luxurious leather. The Smart Key eases control by allowing you to push a button to rev up the engine, even when the key fob is in your pocket. You can adjust the power driver’s seat in up to ten ways.
- SX: Sport-tuned suspension sharpens your cornering skills and highlights the feel of the road. You’ll find out what’s going on with your vehicle by looking at the Supervision Meter Cluster on the 4.3-inch TFT LCD screen. The front-door scuff plates light up to welcome you to the cabin at night.
- SX Turbo: The Turbo 2.0L Gasoline Direct Injection four-cylinder boosts performance with Drive Mode Select, encouraging you to define your road time with different modes. High-intensity discharge headlamps automatically level to brighten your night explorations.
- Limited: The top of the line gets you chrome wheels with red brake calipers, a panoramic sunroof, and premium Nappa leather seat trim. Increasing your street smarts are features like the rear camera display, blind spot detection, and rear cross traffic alert.
Q: What makes the 2015 Kia Optima feel like a sports car?
A: The track feel of the 2015 Kia Optima emerges from its available 2.0L Turbocharged four-cylinder on the SX Turbo and Limited. With the six-speed electronically controlled Sportmatic® transmission with overdrive, performance achieves 274 hp and 269 pound-feet of torque, when properly equipped. You’ll even feel thrills from the standard 2.4-liter four-cylinder on the lower trims. It puts out 192 hp and 181 pound-feet of torque, when properly equipped.
Q: What is the fuel economy of the 2015 Kia Optima?
A: The EPA-estimated fuel economy of the 2015 Kia Optima maxes out to 33 mpg on the highway and 26 mpg in the city with the standard 2.4L four-cylinder.1 On the 2.0L Turbo four-cylinder, the mileage reaches 30 mpg on the highway and 20 mpg in the city.1 The six-speed automatic is standard for either engine.
Q: How many passengers does the 2015 Kia Optima carry?
A: The 2015 Kia Optima comfortably accommodates up to five passengers on two rows. The rear seatback drops in a 60/40-split to allow larger cargo to expand from the trunk. Available dual-zone automatic temperature control on the EX and higher trims give both you and your front-passenger controls. Rear vents ensure that those in the back enjoy climate comfort as well.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Actual mileage will vary based on things like battery age, vehicle condition and history, driving and charging habits, accessory use, and driving conditions. Battery capacity may decrease with time and use. See fueleconomy.gov for more info.
The third generation, from 2011 to 2015, hones the exterior of the 2015 Kia Optima into a sleeker exterior that flows through the air. Electronic Stability Control monitors how you deal with emergency maneuvers and then adjusts braking and engine torque to contribute to your efforts. The traction control system counteracts wheel spin by managing brake force and engine power, so that the wheels with most road grip get the most force.
Your stops solidify with the anti-lock braking system. Electronic brake-force distribution adjusts brake pressure from front to rear based on the vehicle weight distribution and load. When you engage emergency braking, the brake assist system immediately maximizes pressure to shorten your stopping distance. When you start on a slope, Hill Start Assist holds the brakes for a few moments, giving you time to move your foot from brake pedal to accelerator without the vehicle rolling down the incline.
Improving your entertainment options is the Optima’s available Sirius® satellite radio, and Bluetooth® wireless tech to integrate your compatible device.2
2Activation with subscription required.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration's independent crash tests help you make informed decisions about vehicle safety. NHTSA's 5-Star Safety Ratings give consumers insights into how vehicles perform in crash tests, with more stars equaling higher safety ratings. Here are the ratings for the 2015 Kia Optima. Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Visit nhtsa.gov/recalls to look up a specific vehicle.
Reviews for 2015 Kia Optima
Reliable and Sleek for a Good Price
This car had low mileage and runs very smoothly. The features include Bluetooth, AUX connection, easy-to-read dash display, CD player and more. The interior and trunk are spacious and comfortably fit 5 passengers including car seats. The only negative I have experienced is the loss of an exterior piece above the passenger window (nothing affecting functionality, just aesthetically less pleasing).
- Interior Space: Comfortably seats 5 passengers including car seats
- Reliability: No issues with starting, running, braking, steering, etc. Drives very smoothly.
- Styling: Sleek model that looks more expensive than it is. Also easily fits in any parking space
- Fuel Economy: I previously drove a Mazda 3, which got better gas mileage for highway and city travel
THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED
The Kia Optima SXL Turbo with the GDI engine is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned! I wake up every day EXCITED to get behind the wheel! A true luxury vehicle with excellent performance for an excellent price!
- Cargo Space:
- Ride and Handling: Amazing comfort and style to truly fit the drivers needs as well as passengers with rear heated seats
- Power: Stock 274 HP
- Weather Versatility: I haven’t had the chance to experience this vehicle in the snow yet but I believe it will do well!
Just what I wanted
I used to have a Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab which sat up much higher than the Kia Optima. The Optima is much lower to the ground and it has taken some getting used to to get in and out of. I’m not as young as I used to be! The Optima is sleek and sporty and get excellent gas mileage. It has all the bells and whistles that I didn’t have before!
- Fuel Economy: Muck better than what I had.
- Technology and Entertainment: My previous vehicle I bought new in 2002. Now I have the “extras” that everyone else, including my own kids, have had for years.
- Ride and Handling: Ride is quiet and smooth!
- Cargo Space: Miss my tuck and hauling ability.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.