Used Toyota FJ Cruiser for Sale
2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser in Ellicott City, Maryland 21043
Free Transfer to your store - MD to VA
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser in Richmond, Virginia 23114
Free Transfer to your store - VA to VA
About the Toyota FJ Cruiser
If you are looking for a rugged and powerful SUV that is designed for tackling the toughest terrains, the Toyota FJ Cruiser is an excellent midsize SUV to consider. Though the FJ Cruiser was discontinued following the release of the 2014 model, the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser remains a highly popular vehicle among off-roading enthusiasts. The 2014 FJ Cruiser's capable 260 hp 4.0L V6 engine combined with the available features such as trail-tuned shock absorbers and an electronically controlled locking rear differential make the 2014 FJ Cruiser ready to take on any off-road trail. If you are looking for a used SUV for sale that you can take off-roading, the Toyota FJ Cruiser will exceed your expectations.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: Does Toyota still make the Toyota FJ Cruiser?
A: The Toyota FJ Cruiser is no longer in production. Toyota discontinued the FJ Cruiser following the release of the 2014 model.
Q: Can the Toyota FJ Cruiser off-road?
A: Yes, the Toyota FJ Cruiser is an excellent off-road SUV. Its powerful engine, sturdy construction, and available off-road package make the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser an ideal SUV for hitting the trails.
Q: What type of engine does the Toyota FJ Cruiser have?
A: The 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser comes equipped for sale with a 4.0L V6 engine. This engine is capable of producing up to 260 hp.
Q: What kind of gas mileage does the Toyota FJ Cruiser get?
A: The 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser gets an EPA estimated 18 mpg when equipped with a 4.0L V6 engine and an automatic transmission.1
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser Available Packages
In addition to a generous list of standard features, the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser also comes available with numerous package options for sale. The standard features and available packages for the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser include:
- Standard Features - The 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser comes equipped with standard features such as a six-speaker audio system, water-resistant fabric-trimmed front seats, Bluetooth® audio streaming, SiriusXM™ satellite radio, and more.
- Off-Road Package - The Off-Road package for the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser adds features such as trail-tuned Bilstein® shock absorbers, a multi-information display with inclinometer, compass and outside temperature, Active Traction Control (A-TRAC), an electronically controlled locking rear differential, and more.
- Convenience Package - The Convenience package for the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser adds features such as a backup camera, remote keyless entry, cruise control, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, and more.
- Upgrade Package - The Upgrade package for the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser adds features such as color-keyed door trim inserts, an 11-speaker audio system, rear park assist, a leather-trimmed steering wheel, an electronically controlled locking rear differential, and more.
Toyota FJ Cruiser vs Other SUVs
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser vs 2014 Jeep Wrangler - The 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser offers up to 56.8 cubic ft. of cargo space, which is virtually the same as the 56.5 cubic ft. of max cargo space offered by the 2014 Jeep Wrangler. The two SUVs are also very comparable when it comes to their interior and technology features as well. The 2014 Jeep Wrangler does, however, come equipped with a 285 hp 3.6L V6 engine, which is slightly more powerful than the 260 hp 4.0L V6 engine found in the 2014 FJ Cruiser.
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser vs 2014 Lexus LX - Unlike the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser - which is a rugged and capable off-road SUV - the 2014 Lexus LX is a refined and upscale luxury SUV that happens to have some off-roading chops. In addition to this important distinction, the Lexus LX is the larger of the two SUVs as well, offering up to 83.1 cubic ft. of cargo space. The 2014 Lexus LX also comes equipped with a 383 hp 5.7L V8 engine, which is considerably more powerful than the engine found in the 2014 FJ Cruiser. Lastly, the 2014 Lexus LX features a more premium interior than the 2014 FJ Cruiser and numerous technology options not found on the 2014 FJ Cruiser such as four-zone automatic climate control, driver's seat memory, and a power moonroof.
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser vs 2014 Nissan Xterra - The 2014 Nissan Xterra offers up to 66 cubic ft. of cargo space, which is a little more than you will get with the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser. The 261 hp 4.0L V6 engine found in the 2014 Nissan Xterra, however, is very similar to the engine that the 2014 FJ Cruiser comes standard with. Both vehicles are also very comparable in terms of their interior and technology features such as available Bluetooth® and navigation system.
RepairPal gave the Toyota FJ Cruiser an overall reliability rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Above Average. This rating ranks the Toyota FJ Cruiser 12th out of 26 among midsize SUVs.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Toyota FJ Cruiser is $506, compared to an average of $622 for midsize SUVs and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Toyota FJ Cruiser owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.5 times per year, compared to an average of 0.4 times for midsize SUVs and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 14% for the Toyota FJ Cruiser, compared to an average of 13% for midsize SUVs and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for Toyota FJ Cruiser
Great off road and great in town. Fun to drive and not overly top heavy as Jeeps seem to be.
Overall I really like my FJ. It has a pretty smooth ride - most people are shocked how smooth it is because they expect worse. Very roomy and like the large Cargo area with fold down seats. I had a truck before so I appreciate the ability to still haul stuff. A standard windshield screens don't work but I found quickly that because of the angle of the front windshield it doesn't let the sun in anyway so the leather interior never gets hot. The only cons are the position of the glove box won't allow you to open while someone is in the passenger seat and there is no closeable storage space. The console between the seats is open and the only other place is in the back with the jack and I really had to push and shove to put a set of jumper cables in there.
Favorite Car Ever
This SUV will take you anywhere and in any type of weather. I live in the Rockies and travel on twisty dirt mountain roads and highways in snowstorms & hailstorms and this SUV has never failed to get me to my destination. This SUV is ruggedly built and I love all the retro styling and easy cleaning inside. This vehicle is fund to drive and my dogs love riding in the Cruiser too.
Top 10 Romantic Getaway Cars
Top 10 Romantic Getaway Cars
10 Best SUVs for Towing for 2020: Ranked
10 Best SUVs for Towing for 2020: Ranked
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.