When only the best will do.
It doesn't get any more comfortable than high-end luxury cars. These cars are spacious and packed with the latest technology. Luxury cars come in different shapes and sizes, with a focus on performance or refinement. There's bound to be a car in this list that suits your exacting needs, from power and poise to practical comfort.
To help you in your search, we've compiled a list of the 10 best luxury cars for 2021 shoppers, based on CarMax sales of vehicles with average prices over $35,000 from April 1st, 2020, to September 30th, 2020.1
The ten best luxury cars for 2021 shoppers are:
Mercedes-Benz vehicles are known for a focus on luxurious interiors, leading-edge technology, and sports performance. The 2017–2019 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG is the largest member of the AMG C-Class family, which means you have 35.2-inches of legroom and 12.6 cu-ft of cargo space. The 2017–2019 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG is available as a four-door sedan, two-door coupe, and two-door convertible, so keep an eye out for the one that ticks your boxes. Loaded with the latest driver-assist technology, the 2017–2019 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG has a long list of standard equipment that's sure to include features on your must-have list.
Standard equipment on the 2017–2019 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG includes:
- A 469-hp 4.0L V8 engine
- Multi-element LED headlights
- Burmester® sound system
- Leather heated seating
- Power panoramic sunroof (standard on the coupe, optional on sedan)
If you're looking for a luxury sedan with a modern flair, the 2017–2019 Audi S5 will be an ideal fit. A twin-turbocharged 3.0L V6 is powerful and responsive for spirited driving. Audi's legendary Quattro AWD system gives a confident grip when the road conditions are less than ideal. Available as three body types in Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige trim.
A 2017–2019 Audi S5 is well-equipped, even at the base Premium trim. Some highlights include:
- Full LED headlights and taillights
- Alcantara® leather seating
- Tri-zone automatic climate control with rear controls
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ connectivity
- A seven-inch touchscreen and seven-inch driver information panel
The smallest AMG C-Class, but no less luxurious, the 2017–2019 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG packs technology and comfort into a sedan, coupe, or convertible body. Treat your passengers with stylish leather and suede seating options, ample legroom, and dual-zone automatic climate control. There is also 12.6 cu-ft of cargo space in the trunk of 2017 sedan models. The 2017–2019 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG includes AWD as standard, making it great for all-weather trips.
All 2017–2019 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMGs have:
- A twin-turbo 3.0L V6 engine making 385 hp
- Power tilt-telescoping multi-function steering wheel
- Blind-spot assist and rear cross-traffic alert
- Multi-element LED headlights
- Burmester sound system with Bluetooth® streaming
The legendary M badge finds its way onto a midsized luxury sedan. The 2017–2019 BMW M4 sets a high standard for performance. If heart-pounding driving is high on your list, then the 2017–2019 BMW M4 Competition package should fit the bill. At 425 hp, the twin-turbocharged 3.0L six-cylinder engine gets paired with a snappy eight-speed transmission. Take an open-air trip with the convertible body, or enjoy thrilling luxury for five in the M4 coupe.
Depending on the package, 2017–2019 BMW M4 features include:
- Adaptive full LED headlights (Lighting Package)
- Wireless charging (Executive Package)
- A head-up display (Executive Package)
- Side and top-view cameras (Driver Assistance Plus package)
- 20-inch alloy wheels and a sport exhaust with black chrome tailpipes (Competition package)
Few luxury cars have the presence or interior comfort like the 2018-2019 BMW 740. An impressive 18.2 cu-ft of space is available for luggage, shopping, or whatever you take along with you. The 2017–2019 BMW 740 has AWD as an option, featuring BMW's capable xDrive system. Loaded with features, you'll get an eight-speed automatic transmission, real wood trim, and four-zone automatic climate control.
A 2018-2019 BMW 740 is customized further with option packages, although it comes with a long list of standard features:
- Panoramic sunroof
- Gesture control infotainment system
- Soft-close automatic doors
- Rear seat and rear window power sunshades
- Harmon Kardon® surround-sound system
If you want full-sized luxury in a smaller package, the 2017–2019 BMW 540 gives you the same kind of experience you expect from a much bigger luxury car. The 2017–2019 BMW 540 is available in the rear- or all-wheel-drive. With 36.50 inches of rear legroom and 18.7 cu-ft of cargo space, the 2017–2019 BMW 540 excels at long road trips. Only available in one trim, you can customize the 2017–2019 BMW 540 by adding feature packages.
There's a long list of standard features on all 2017–2019 BMW 540s, which includes:
- A power sunroof
- LED headlights and daytime running lights
- USB charge ports and Bluetooth streaming
- Run Flat tires
- Automatic climate control
Sometimes, a vehicle comes along that shakes things up. The 2017–2019 Genesis G90 did just that to luxury cars, offering an impressive list of standard features and technology. The interior and exterior styling draws inspiration from some of the highest-caliber luxury cars. Identify the two trims using the engine that powers them – a twin-turbocharged 3.3L V6 engine or 5.0L V8. Passengers will be happily in control of the back seats with a fold-down console in the rear bench.
Some highlights from the entry-level 2017–2019 Genesis 3.3T Premium are:
- An impressive 15.7 cu-ft of cargo volume
- Tri-zone automatic climate control system with an air purifier and CO2 sensor
- Multi-view camera system
- Lexicon® 17-speaker sound system with Bluetooth streaming
- 12.3-inch high-definition touchscreen infotainment
A four-door four-passenger luxury car, the 2017–2019 Porsche Panamera gives you the ultimate comfort, performance, and technology a luxury car has to offer. Sink into soft, comfortable leather seating. Recline the rear seats and take control thanks to a center console. An available rear-seat entertainment system uses Bluetooth, NFC, and WiFi to access music, apps, books, and even productivity apps from the Google® Play store.2,3
A 2017–2019 Porsche Panamera 4S includes some of the following features:
- Heated front seats
- 12-inch high-resolution touchscreen with navigation and internal hard drive
- Integrated TV tuner for analog and digital signal
- LED headlights and taillights
- Blind-spot alert and lane-change assist.
Blending heritage design and modern styling, the 2017–2019 Jaguar F-Type is a two-door luxury escape available in four trims. If you want an open-top experience, there's a convertible version available as well. It's the perfect car for vacations, too, as the 2017–2019 Jaguar F-Type is surprisingly spacious with 14.4 cu-ft of luggage room. The available Windsor leather seats will keep you comfortable on the long haul. Immerse yourself in the optional Meridian® 770 surround sound system.
At base-level, the 2017–2019 Jaguar F-Type includes these standard options:
- A 296-hp turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine
- LED headlights
- Eight-inch touchscreen
- Forward emergency braking
- Meridian 380W sound system with Bluetooth streaming
While the Mercedes-Benz S550 last saw production in 2016, it remains a leading luxury sedan, according to CarMax sales data. The 2016 S550 gets power from a twin-turbocharged 4.7L V8 engine and a smooth-shifting seven-speed automatic transmission. Self-leveling air suspension will have you riding on the clouds. A pair of high-resolution 12.3-inch screens make you feel like you're driving the future. All 2016 Mercedes-Benz S550s include an AWD system.
Also included, as part of a long list of standard equipment on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz S550 are these features:
- An advanced suite of driver assists
- Burmester premium surround sound system
- A panoramic sunroof with power sunshade
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Dual-zone automatic climate control, air purification, and cabin air fragrance
There's a luxury car for any wish on this list, ranging from modern to classical styling. From a luxury car with a sporting spirit, like the Audi S5, to cars like the Mercedes-Benz S550 or Genesis G90 that showcase the best in materials and technology the manufacturer offers, there's a lot to like. No matter what features you're looking for, there's a luxury car on this list that's right for you.
Want to learn more? Check out these additional articles.
1Based on prices on carmax.com from April 1st, 2020, to September 30th, 2020. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees.
2Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
3Activation with subscription required.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.