An exciting addition to the midsize SUV market.
The midsize SUV market is one that is stacked with plenty of great vehicles. After only being on the market since late 2018, the Subaru Ascent has already made quite the splash, with drivers praising its upscale interior, impressive performance, and loads of tech features. Those in the market for a roomy family vehicle that is luxurious, powerful, and chock-full of useful technology options are sure to love this great new midsize SUV. While we currently do not have many of these vehicles on our lots, we look forward selling these at your nearest CarMax location in the future. To learn more about what makes the 2019 Subaru Ascent an excellent midsize SUV, be sure to check out our Subaru Ascent review below.
Key Specs and Features
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent is equipped with a turbocharged 2.4L four-cylinder engine that delivers 260 hp.
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent gets an EPA-estimated 23 mpg combined city/highway when equipped with a turbocharged 2.4L four-cylinder engine.1
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent offers 86.5 cubic feet of cargo space with the second and third-row seating folded down.
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent comes standard with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto®.
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent comes standard with a 6.5 inch touchscreen display.
- The 2019 Subaru Ascent comes available with a 14-speaker Harman Kardon premium audio system.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Great Cargo Capacity
Cargo capacity is always an important concern when purchasing an SUV. Fortunately, the 2019 Subaru Ascent offers more than enough space for luggage or groceries. With all the seats up, the Subaru Ascent offers 17.8 cubic feet of cargo space. With the third-row seats folded down, you'll have 47.5 cubic feet of space to work with, and folding both the second and third-row seating down will give you a total of 86.5 cubic feet of cargo space.
2. Smooth Handling
The Subaru Ascent is a roomy SUV, but it still handles like a much smaller vehicle. The vehicle's suspension absorbs bumps nicely, and the Ascent handles winding roads without much body roll. If you are looking for a midsize SUV that offers the smooth handling of a sedan, the Subaru Ascent is well worth considering.
3. A Long List of Technology Features
The 2019 Subaru Ascent comes with a long list of both standard and available technology features. Even on the base trim of the 2019 Subaru Ascent, you'll still find standard features such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a 6.5-inch touchscreen display, a rearview camera, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, and much more. On upper trims of the 2019 Subaru Ascent, you will find features such as heated front seats, push-button start, rear seat climate control, and more.
4. A Roomy, Upscale Interior
The interior of the 2019 Subaru Ascent is booth roomy and aesthetically pleasing. Both the first, second, and third-row seating of the Subaru Ascent feel plenty comfortable and roomy, making the Subaru Ascent a great family vehicle. More than just being plenty spacious, though, the interior of the Subaru Ascent is upscale and eye-catching, featuring premium materials and a well-thought-out design.
5. Powerful Performance
The turbocharged 2.4L four-cylinder engine in the 2019 Subaru Ascent is an impressively capable drivetrain. Able to deliver up to 260 hp, this beefy engine gives the Subaru Ascent plenty of acceleration. When you are cruising down the interstate, the powerful performance of the Subaru Ascent is something that you are sure to appreciate.
What You Need to Know
2019 Subaru Ascent Models & Trim Levels
The 2019 Subaru Ascent comes available in four different trim levels:
- Ascent: The base trim of the 2019 Subaru Ascent features a rearview camera, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, lane keeping assist, and more!
- Ascent Premium: The Premium trim of the 2019 Subaru Ascent features everything found on the base trim as well as second-row captain's chairs, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, rear seat climate controls, and more!
- Ascent Limited: The Limited trim of the 2019 Subaru Ascent features everything found on the Premium trim as well as push-button start, a four-way power-adjustable front-passenger’s seat, leather-trimmed upholstery, and more!
- Ascent Touring: The Touring trim of the 2019 Subaru Ascent features everything found on the Limited trim as well as a panoramic power moonroof, chrome door handles, heated and ventilated front seats, and more!
Subaru Ascent Interior and Exterior
Subaru Ascent Seating Capacity
The Subaru Ascent is a midsize SUV that is capable of seating up to seven passengers when equipped with second-row captain's seats and eight passengers when equipped with second-row bench seats.
Subaru Ascent Cargo Space
The 2019 Subaru Ascent offers 17.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third-row seats, 47.5 cubic feet of cargo space with the third-row seats folded down, and 86.5 cubic feet of cargo space with the second-row and third-row seats folded down.
Subaru Ascent Colors
The 2019 Subaru Ascent comes in eight color options. These color options include:
- Abyss Blue Pearl
- Cinnamon Brown Pearl
- Crimson Red Pearl
- Crystal Black Silica
- Crystal White Pearl
- Ice Silver Metallic
- Magnetic Gray Metallic
- Tungsten Metallic
Subaru Ascent Engine & Transmission
The 2019 Subaru Ascent is equipped with a turbocharged 2.4L four-cylinder engine that delivers up to 260 hp.
Years in Review
2019 Subaru Ascent
First coming onto the market as a 2019 model, the Subaru Ascent is a new addition to Subaru's SUV lineup. Already, though, the 2019 Subaru Ascent has gained a lot of popularity thanks in no small part to its smooth handling, impressive power, and roomy, upscale interior.
The Subaru Ascent may be new to Subaru's lineup, but it has already positioned itself to have a very long future. It's a vehicle that checks boxes in every category, from impressive performance to great cargo space to a wide range of tech features. If you are in the market for a well-rounded midsized SUV, the Subaru Ascent is an excellent vehicle to consider. Looking to learn more about the Subaru Ascent? Check out these related articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.