Used 2017 Chevrolet Equinox for Sale
2017 Chevrolet Equinox LS
Free Shipping from CarMax Gaithersburg, MD
2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT
Free Shipping from CarMax Laurel, MD
2017 Chevrolet Equinox LS
Only available at CarMax Potomac Mills, VA
2017 Chevrolet Equinox LS
$199 Shipping from CarMax Potomac Mills, VA
2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT
$199 Shipping from CarMax Greenville NC, NC
About the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
The 2017 Chevrolet Equinox entices the practical in you with an adaptable interior and a compact exterior that cozies up to city spaces. But it also excites your inner thrill-seeker with two powerful engines. The rear row features a sliding seat that moves forward and back by about eight inches to increase leg room or cargo space and lets five passengers spread out on two rows. When you want to carry more groceries or camping gear, you can fold the 60/40 split-folding rear seats to gain up to 63.7 cubic feet of cargo space. Outside, the impressive exterior shines with halogen projector-beam headlamps that flank a chrome-accented grille. If you’re in the market for a capable SUV, add the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox to your short list and check out all it has to offer.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: What engines does the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox have?
A: The 2017 Chevrolet Equinox delivers 182 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque from its standard 2.4L four-cylinder with front-wheel drive, thanks to Double Overhead Cams and Variable Valve Timing. The available 3.6-liter V6 generates 301 hp and 272 lb-ft of torque with a rush from 0 to 60 mph in 6.7 seconds. This engine comes only with the all-wheel drive. The standard transmission for either engine is the electronically controlled six-speed automatic with overdrive.
Q: What MPG does the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox get?
A: With its 2.4L four-cylinder, six-speed automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox gets an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway1. With the same drive, the 3.6L V6 gets 17 MPG in the city and 24 MPG on the highway. 1
With the all-wheel drive, the 2.4L four-cylinder produces 20 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway1. The 3.6L V6 gives out 16 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway. 1
Q: How much does the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox tow?
A: The towing capacity of the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox, when properly equipped, maxes out at 3,500 pounds with the 3.6L V6 and a trailer hitch2. Top towing for the 2.4L four-cylinder 2017 Equinox, when properly equipped, reaches 1,500 pounds2.
All trims have Trailer Sway Control to prevent your load from swinging. You also get Hill Start Assist that holds the brakes for a few seconds, giving you time to move your foot from brake pedal to accelerator without the SUV rolling down the slope.
Q: What are the special editions of the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox?
A: Glam up the LT trim of the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox with one of two special editions:
- The Midnight Edition shades the bowtie emblems, roof rack cross bars, grille, and 18-inch aluminum wheels in black. The exterior is colored in Mosaic Black Metallic and the interior gets Jet Black perforated leather trim. Built-in memory stores the positions of the driver’s seat and exterior mirrors.
- The Sport Edition paints the exterior Summit White but otherwise adds black to the grille, mirror caps, bowtie emblems, roof rack crossbars, and 18-inch aluminum wheels. The interior impresses with Jet Black perforated leather appointments and memory for the exterior mirrors and driver's seat.
Q: How many trim levels does the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox have?
A: You can choose from the following trim levels for the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox:
- The entry-level L upholsters its seating in Premium Cloth and eases the drive through Electric Power Steering with Variable Assist.
- The LS puts a Driver Information Center on the dashboard that displays a compass and outside temperature, among other important data.
- The LT includes a seven-inch diagonal color touchscreen that you can use to control Chevrolet MyLink® radio.
- The top-of-the-line Premier relies on halogen fog lamps to cut though misty days, trims the seats in leather with perforated inserts, and encourages you to customize the driver seat with eight power adjustments.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Actual mileage will vary based on things like battery age, vehicle condition and history, driving and charging habits, accessory use, and driving conditions. Battery capacity may decrease with time and use. See fueleconomy.gov for more info.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
The 2017 Chevrolet Equinox represents the second generation, which runs from 2010 to 2017. This generation adds the 2.4L four-cylinder engine, increased the body length, and put in a power tailgate to ease loading and unloading the rear. To make driving more convenient, the following smart driver assists comes in:
- The Rear Vision Camera is standard on all trims for the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox. When you pull into reverse, it shows the area behind you on the color touchscreen of the dashboard.
- Lane Departure Warning informs you if you leave your lane without activating a turn signal. It requires the optional Driver Confidence Package 2 on the Premier trim of the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox.
- Forward Collision Warning tells you if you’re following the next car too closely and if a crash is imminent with it. It requires the optional Driver Confidence Package 2 on the Premier trim of the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox.
- Rear Park Assistance sounds an alert and displays an indicator on the dashboard display when you back into an obstacle that is up to eight feet behind the back bumper. It requires the optional Driver Confidence Package for the LT or Premier trim on the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox. This package also includes Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration's independent crash tests help you make informed decisions about vehicle safety. NHTSA's 5-Star Safety Ratings give consumers insights into how vehicles perform in crash tests, with more stars equaling higher safety ratings. Here are the ratings for the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox. Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Visit nhtsa.gov/recalls to look up a specific vehicle.
Reviews for 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
I love the room in the back and can carry much more Than you think! The backseat is comfortable And roomy for kids and adults! Front seat is comfy and I love the blue light dash . The defrost is a little weird with hot and cold here in the south . Ac is great, heat is great, heated seats awesome. So far, best car I’ve owned!
- Cabin Noise: Quiet
- Braking: Solid
- Ride and Handling: Tight and feels controlled
- Power: It’s a turbo so it’s ok without turbo it is underpowered
- Technology and Entertainment: Gotta pay for Siri
- Visibility: Back is a little hard to see from sides
Its a nice smooth drive. The seats are comfortable. There is a nice amount of space. The back (2nd seat) is a little tight. I have twins in carseats and they are the only ones that can sit in that seat. It makes it difficult for taking any passengers other then my 3 kids. Otherwise, overall I'm very happy!
- Reliability: Runs great, no fear of breaking down
- Braking: Stops when I need it to, even when it is a quick stop.
- Technology and Entertainment: The speakers are great, kept at a low volume and it's got really good sound.
- Power: Has a little trouble getting up and going.
- Interior Space: The 2nd row seems narrow. Two carseats and there is no more room for a 3rd passenger.
Good Car at a good price
Reliable vehicle, good gas mileage, comfortable ride
- Ride and Handling: Smoothe handling and riding
- Fuel Economy: Good MPG
- Reliability: No engine problems, planning to get 200K miles
- Technology and Entertainment: No CD player
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.