Used 2016 Honda Odyssey for Sale
2016 Honda Odyssey Touring
Free Shipping from CarMax Laurel, MD
2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Free Shipping from CarMax Brandywine, MD
About the 2016 Honda Odyssey
Whether you have a growing family or simply have large cargo storage demands, a minivan like the 2016 Honda Odyssey may be worth a look. Specifically, the 2016 Odyssey is offered in both seven- and eight-passenger configurations, maxing out at a generous 148.5 cubic feet of cargo storage space.
Still, all that space doesn't have to mean sacrificing creature comforts in the 2016 Odyssey. Even its base LX trim comes standard with features such as dual-zone climate control, active noise cancellation for a quiet ride, and an eight-inch central display. If you're looking for a minivan with plenty of clever storage that's also fun to drive, don't overlook the 2016 Odyssey.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: How much cargo space is in a 2016 Honda Odyssey?
A: Maximum cargo space in the 2016 Honda Odyssey is 148.5 cubic feet with second-row seats removed and third-row seats folded down. With second- and third-row seats intact, cargo space is still 38.4 cubic feet.
Q: How many people does a 2016 Honda Odyssey seat?
A: The 2016 Odyssey can seat between seven and eight people, depending on trim level; the base LX trim maxes out at seven passengers due to its second-row bucket seats. All other trim levels, however, offer seating for up to eight people.
Q: What kind of mileage does the 2016 Honda Odyssey get?
A: The 2016 Odyssey base trim with 3.5L V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 22 mpg combined.1
Q: Is the 2016 Honda Odyssey front-wheel drive?
A: Yes, the 2016 Odyssey is offered exclusively with front-wheel drive.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2016 Honda Odyssey Trim Configurations
The 2016 Honda Odyssey is offered in six different trim configurations, though all are powered by a standalone 3.5L V6 at 248 hp. A six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive is also standard on all 2016 Odyssey models.
- Rear spoiler
- Dual-zone air conditioning
- Eight-inch central display
- Bluetooth® phone and audio connectivity
- Active noise cancellation
- Automatic tri-zone climate control
- Keyless entry and ignition
- Power-sliding side doors
- Smartphone integration
- Automatic headlights
- Satellite radio
- Built-in vacuum cleaner
- 115-volt power outlet
- Rear-seat entertainment system
- Leather seating
- Heated front seats
- Power liftgate
- Acoustic windshield
- Larger 18-inch wheels
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Retractable third-row sunshades
- Front-down arm rests
- Fog lights
- Premium rear-seat entertainment system
- Upgraded 12-speaker sound system with surround sound
- HD radio
- Blind-spot monitoring system
- Xenon headlights
2016 Honda Odyssey vs. Other Minivans
Comfortable seating for up to eight people, a smooth ride, and generous cargo space make the 2016 Odyssey a great choice for many buyers. Still, there are a few other minivan options worth checking out if you're in the market for this type of vehicle.
2016 Honda Odyssey vs. 2016 Toyota Sienna
The 2016 Sienna stands out from most other minivans by offering optional all-wheel drive on most of its trims. Even in the 2016 Sienna base L trim, standard equipment is pretty generous and includes a windshield wiper de-icer, automatic tri-zone climate control, a 6.1-inch touchscreen interface, and automatic headlights.
The 2016 Sienna is powered by a 3.5L V6 engine at 266 hp and a six-speed automatic transmission. With seating for up to eight passengers and up to 150 cubic feet of storage space, the 2016 Sienna offers a roomy cabin as well.
2016 Honda Odyssey vs. 2016 Kia Sedona
Offering seating configurations for seven to eight people, the 2016 Sedona is available in five distinct trim levels—all of which are powered by a 3.3L V6 engine at 276 hp, six-speed automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive. Standard equipment on the 2016 Sedona base L tri includes Bluetooth® connectivity, dual gloveboxes for additional storage, Slide-n-Stow second-row seats, and stain resistant upholstery.
Space-wise, the 2016 Sedona offers 33.9 cubic feet behind its rear row of seats. However, cargo storage capacity increases to 142 cubic feet when the second and third rows are folded down (no need to remove the second row completely, thanks to Slide-n-Stow technology).
2016 Honda Odyssey vs. 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan
The 2016 Grand Caravan maxes out at seating for seven people and is offered in six trim configurations. Base equipment on the AVP trim includes everything from dual-zone climate control and heated mirrors to Stow n' Go second-row seats and power accessories. Meanwhile, every 2016 Grand Caravan is outfitted with a 3.6L V6 engine at 283 hp, along with a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration's independent crash tests help you make informed decisions about vehicle safety. NHTSA's 5-Star Safety Ratings give consumers insights into how vehicles perform in crash tests, with more stars equaling higher safety ratings. Here are the ratings for the 2016 Honda Odyssey. Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Visit nhtsa.gov/recalls to look up a specific vehicle.
Reviews for 2016 Honda Odyssey
exceptional family car!
it has all the space, all the convenience, all the tech and just the right amount of mini van style to make it an incredibly fun drive with plenty of space and comfort. I feel like my family and I are very safe while driving. I will probably be an Odyssey lifetimer!
- Cargo Space: I have plenty of space for my two children, 2 dogs, my husband and I and whatever else we want to bring along with us! we haven’t taken it camping yet, but we can’t wait...life will be much easier with our Odyssey!
- Technology and Entertainment: it comes with all the bells and whistles to keep me and the boys happy...everything has been carefully thought of and strategically placed. the DVD player and headphones for the boys are fantastic on long trips! and the built in vaccin cleaner is a god send with two little guys and two dogs! I also love the convenience of the remote sliding doors and low ride so it’s easy to get in/out for my littles. I just love our car!
- Fuel Economy: the fuel economy on long hauls is amazing! I thought for sure that I’d be paying through the nose for petrol, but was pleasantly surprised!
- Fuel Economy: not great for multiple short trips, I feel like the efficiency is lost when starting and stopping.
- Weather Versatility: it’s not great on the snow! I’ll for sure be changing out my tires next winter!
we have had the van for 4 months and love it, we get up to 31 mpg highway, tons of space and one of the best parts is the removable middle seat for the second row. we went on vacation and fit 4 adults and 2 kids in car seats with plenty of room. you pay more for a Honda, but it is well worth it
- Cargo Space: tons of room even with the 3rd row up
- Ride and Handling: drives very smooth
- Technology and Entertainment: the power sliding doors, rear gate, heated seats and sunroof are all great features
Solid car; great price; could be more durable
Great space inside for a family. Runs well, gets solid mileage. Some of it could be more durable: tension bars on rear door are already squeaky, side rail along sliding door a bit loose, a bit loud when trying to talk driver to rear passengers--all small things.
- Interior Space: Needed the room after a third child. This is really nice and spacious inside, yet still drives like a car (not a van)
- Cargo Space: We can fit all our gear without compromising passenger space. LOVE IT!
- Value: Honda is always a great value for the money. Hope we have this a LONG time!
- Cabin Noise: Hard to hear my kids when I am driving and they are in rear seats.
- Braking: Wheels shimmy a bit when braking; from what I read that is a problem for all Odysseys
- Styling: A bit boxy and some of the parts not as reliable/sturdy as I would hope (rear door tension bars, side rail below sliding doors, etc).
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.