A comfortable and practical midsize sedan.
Looking to treat yourself to a midsize sedan that is as practical and fun to drive as it is great to look at? Then the 2020 Honda Accord deserves your attention. Part of the tenth generation of the popular midsize sedan, introduced in 2018, the 2020 Honda Accord has all the style and comfort that makes it so popular, all while getting you to your destination with ease.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Honda Accords on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Honda Accord with similar features.
Below are the average prices of prior-model-year Honda Accords.1
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Honda Accord review:
Key Specs & Features
- When equipped with the base 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine and seven-speed CVT (continuously variable transmission), the 2020 Honda Accord can achieve an EPA-estimated 31 mpg combined—35 mpg on the highway, 29 mpg in the city.2
- The 2020 Honda Accord provides an ample 106 cubic feet of passenger volume inside.
- In the trunk, the 2020 Honda Accord offers 17 cubic feet of luggage volume.
- The 2020 Honda Accord has a four-door body and can seat up to five inside.
- The standard powertrain for the 2020 Honda Accord is a 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine, capable of 192 hp and 192 lb-ft of torque and mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission (CVT).
- Alternatively, the 2020 Honda Accord offers a more powerful 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine pushing out 252 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. This engine is paired with a ten-speed automatic transmission.
- An optional six-speed manual transmission is available on the Sport trim for both the 1.5L and 2.0L engines, should you want a more sporty-drivetrain feel.
- LED headlights
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane-keeping assist
- Four-speaker sound system and seven-inch touchscreen
The Honda Accord has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
5 Reasons To Buy
1. Good Choice of Engines
The two different engines offered with the 2020 Honda Accord meet a number of requirements, depending on what you're after. The base 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine, as outlined above, can achieve an impressive EPA-estimated 31 mpg combined when mated with the standard seven-speed CVT transmission, while still producing 192 hp.2 If you need a little more go, pick the 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine instead, good for a punchy 252 hp while still getting an EPA-estimated 34 mpg on the highway and 27 mpg combined when equipped with the 10-speed automatic transmission.2 Both offer a compelling mix of performance and practicality.
2. Available Manual Transmission
On the subject of engine choices, don't think you'll have to sacrifice fun behind the wheel when you pick up a 2020 Honda Accord. Both the above engines pack enough power to put a smile on your face, and the optional six-speed manual transmission available for either engine is great if you're looking to really feel the power on the highway. With both powerplants running through a front-wheel-drive chassis and the option of adaptive suspension on the Touring trim, the 2020 Honda Accord is the practical midsize sedan that can still make the drive to work that much more exciting.
3. Choice of Nine Exterior Colors
The 2020 Honda Accord is a striking and stylish sedan right out the gate. And helping that is a good selection of exterior colors - nine in total. There is the traditional selection of silvers, white and black, and alongside those are the very sleek Champagne Frost Pearl, and a great choice of red and blue tones - we particularly like Obsidian Blue Pearl and Radiant Red Metallic, both of which will definitely turn heads on the street. To top off your 2020 Honda Accord with that extra bit of curb appeal and style, the roster of exterior colors does the job very well.
4. Maximum Practicality
The Honda Accord is a great choice if you're looking for something practical that can fill a number of different roles in your life. As part of that spacious interior, you get plenty of storage pockets and slots to store items for the journey. And most importantly, in the trunk, you get an ample 17 cubic feet of luggage space. Whether it's groceries, work supplies, school projects, or suitcases for the family holiday, you'll find space in the 2020 Honda Accord.
5. Driver Convenience Features At Your Fingertips
With so much tech offered as standard, the 2020 Honda Accord aims to make every journey as stress-free as possible. And when we say a lot of tech is offered as standard, we mean it. Lane-keeping assist, forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking, and adaptive cruise control are all offered as standard on the base LX model. Elsewhere in the range, you get blind-spot monitoring on the EX trim and a heads-up display and parking sensors on the top-of-the-range Touring model. But with so many features available even on the standard model, the 2020 Honda Accord has you covered every step of the journey.
What You Need to Know
2020 Honda Accord: Available Trims
- LX - Includes lane-keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, a seven-inch touchscreen, dual-zone automatic climate control, and more.
- Sport - Includes an eight-speaker sound system, eight-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, and a power-adjustable driver seat.
- EX - Includes heated front seats, blind-spot monitoring, keyless entry and start, a sunroof, and more.
- EX-L - Includes a 10-speaker sound system, leather seats, a power-adjustable passenger seat, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, and more.
- Touring - Includes a wireless phone charger and available Wi-Fi hotspot, heated rear seats, ventilated front seats, a navigation system, parking sensors, and more.3
2020 Honda Accord: Available Colors
- Champagne Frost Pearl
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Modern Steel Metallic
- Obsidian Blue Pearl
- Platinum White Pearl
- Radiant Red Metallic
- San Marino Red
- Still Night Pearl
2020 Honda Accord: Interior
- Five seats, four doors
- 106 cubic feet of passenger volume
- 17 cubic feet of luggage volume
- Seven-inch touchscreen and four-speaker sound system as standard
2020 Honda Accord: Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Honda Accord is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Honda Accord.1
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Honda Accord, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
Safety and Reliability
RepairPal® Reliability Ratings for the Honda Accord5
The 2020 Honda Accord is a newer model and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. You may also consider other used Honda Accords with similar features. Below are RepairPal reliability ratings for prior model years of the Honda Accords.
- Overall RepairPal Reliability Rating - 4.5/5.0
- Average annual cost of unscheduled repairs and maintenance: $400.00
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010–2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features. Learn more at www.carmax.com/repairpal-reliability.
NHTSA Safety Ratings - 2020 Honda Accord
The 2020 Honda Accord is currently not rated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Honda Accord, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
Offered in sedan, hatchback, and coupe body styles, the 2017–2019 Civic offers a choice of 1.5L and 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engines, with the 2.0L version standard on the top-line Type R performance trim and packing a strong 306 hp. Conversely, the 1.5L engine is capable of an EPA-estimated 32 mpg combined in the 2019 Honda Civic when equipped with the seven-speed automatic CVT transmission.2
Additionally, standard features include:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Cruise control
- Automatic climate control
- Rearview camera
- Four-speaker sound system with five-inch display screen
With the introduction of the eighth generation in 2018, the Camry is a compelling choice if you're looking for a sedan. It looks great, it comes with a lengthy feature list - with equipment such as the suite of driver convenience technologies available from standard - and spacious inside, with 99 cubic-ft of passenger volume offered on 2019 models. The 2018 Camry will save you time at the pump too. The 2019 model is capable of an EPA-estimated 34 mpg combined and 41 mpg on the highway when equipped with the 2.5L four-cylinder engine and eight-speed automatic transmission.2
Additionally, standard features on Toyota Camry models between 2017–2019 include:
- 16-inch wheels
- Six-speaker sound system
- Keyless entry
- Rearview camera
- Automatic headlights (LED headlights on 2018–2019 models)
Since the fourth generation launched in 2016, the Kia Optima has stayed steady as a practical and easy-to-use midsize sedan with plenty of tech and comfort options for both driver and passengers. 2017–2019 Optima models offer a selection of three powerplants: a 2.4L four-cylinder engine outputting 185 hp, a 1.6L turbocharged four-cylinder engine producing 178 hp, and the top-of-the-range 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine packing 245 hp.
Additionally, the 2017–2019 Optima comes standard with plenty of features, like:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Rearview camera
- 60/40-split rear seat
- Six-speaker sound system (Apple CarPlay and Android Auto included on 2018–2019 models)
- Cruise control
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Honda Accord is the midsize sedan for all seasons. Looking for a stylish executive sedan to make the commute to work and business trips that much more enjoyable and comfortable? Or are you searching for a family car that's practical, spacious and perfect for everyday driving? The 2020 Honda Accord is the perfect choice for both and deserves to be at the top of your list.
Want to check out some more options? Explore these related articles:
1Based on CarMax average prices from December 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
3Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
4RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.